Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
<---- somewhat of a network dummy my network is 192.168.1.xxx.. SDAP tood used for this I take it if your network is set to 1.xxx?

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it working also in BI but now noticed imporx or huisun is not listed in the PTZ section to enable the function in BI.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use OXML in BI. That's how mine is set.

I'm using an older version of BI (4.2.71), so it might be different if you're running the latest version.

Last edited by a moderator:

htimsda

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone bought directly from Melody Wong, Huisun Overseas Sales Manager? Price she gave me for 10 units is $1100 + $169 for shipping. My only beef is she wants me to send money to her via Western Union or WeChat. I originally did a bank transfer to their bank but they sent it back (minus $15) because it was from a personal account. I'm not sure why that mattered. I'm just seems a bit shady to send it directly to a person. I don't want to get burned.

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use OXML in BI. That's how mine is set.

I'm using an older version of BI (4.2.71), so it might be different if you're running the latest version.
I do not have that option to pick OXML my version of BI is 4.3.9.6 x64 I have triad a few different one but none have given me the PTZ ability. I'll just keep fiddling around.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have that option to pick OXML my version of BI is 4.3.9.6 x64 I have triad a few different one but none have given me the PTZ ability. I'll just keep fiddling around.
Onvif

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

I got it working but not under the norman circumstances as brand auto set to gereric in stead of either Huisun or Importx. Strange when I select the Find/Inspect tab.

Could be the naturwe of the cam?

vizi
That is how it's supposed to be..it pulls the onvif profile...

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am interested in getting the imporx ptz but all these cameras failing scare me! I'll probably wait a couple of months before deciding to get one...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am interested in getting the imporx ptz but all these cameras failing scare me! I'll probably wait a couple of months before deciding to get one...
You have to read between the lines. Yes, a few failed during exposure to a high ambient temperatures which prompted sellers to provide external poe with new batches of cams. Whatever internal poe module they used before have been unreliable. Besides that issue some users had these cams have been awesome.

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I grabbed one recently and it came with the external POE (splitter?). The external POE is massive, not something you can discreetly hide away, at least in my situation which is on a rendered wall that has the cabled embedded in the wall. There are smaller versions on ebay, something like this, would this work?

I tried plugging the ethernet cable with power directly into the camera but it didn't power up so it seems they have dropped the POE capability completely.

Are there iOS apps that will view the camera directly? Tried one that works with some other brands and couldn't get it working.

Thanks
Rob

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you mount the camera on a junction box, you can hide the splitter in the box.

If you don't like the way the box looks you might be able to use a passive splitter like the one you linked on EBAY. It is not the same as what came with your camera since that is active and contains a power supply to convert the poe 48vdc to 12vdc for the camera. In order to use the passive type of splitter you would need a 12vdc power supply. So the ethernet cable is used to transport the 12vdc. One adapter on each side of the cable. Possible problem with this will be voltage drop on a long wire.

If you keep the ethernet (cat 5/6) cable short, it might work.

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks, makes sense, I wondered what the different voltages were. 48v is POE and the device itself must down convert the voltage to 12v.

Can feed 12v over POE but 12v won't go as far as 48v. Is that roughly right?

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright have it set up on my wall but it's in a recess which means it bumps into the wall if it tries to fully rotate, especially if it's looking horizontally rather than down. After doing it's start-up movements and hitting the wall, it no longer wants to rotate fully right which is exactly the direction I want it to face!

Is there a way reset where it thinks it can move? Or do I now have to force it across as perhaps it has misaligned mechanically as to where it is pointing? Reboot didn't help, it's probably slightly worse...

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also is there an app that can view these cameras directly? iOS?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that buried somewhere in the camera settings is a way to set the maximum amount of rotation allowed. But I haven't used it and I don't know if that value is respected in the boot up movement self test.

If it isn't used to limit the self test motion then you are in a jam. Even if you dismounted the camera and powered it up, then remounted it to aim, you'd have to do that every time it lost power.

I dont think your camera is broken, though. I'm pretty confident the mechanism is meant to slip instead of grind if it hits an obstacle. It's probably just confused now because the self test couldn't move through the full range.

Let us us know if you get this figured out, I am sure you won't be the only one with this problem.

Bigboboz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I searched for max PTZ settings but nothing. I will probably give a go moving it manually but would prefer to know if anyone else has been the guinea pig already...

Thanks,
Rob

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Preset 95, Motion, Scan, Right or Left Limit.

I don't think this will do any good if the camera cannot complete it's start up routine. You may have to rethink your installation.