Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how to mount this vertically? Do they sell vertical mounting brackets for this?

doodles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mount it upside down? OK makes controlling it a bit more fun!

Heh well, I was thinking vertical in the other direction, standing upright on top of a column.

It seems you need the bracket if you want to mount it at all as the base of the camera head has no mounting holes. Drilling the base of the head would probably damage it's ability to rotate all together as there seems to be some components there.

Maybe I could take the bracket to a metal working shop and have them re-weld the camera seat at the end of the bracket.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally received two unbranded HUISUN/Imporx V2 last week. Both are POE and came in identical boxes. Only difference are the model numbers on the back sticker. One was ordered from the seller in the first post, CCTV IP Camera for $146 but looks like its a little cheaper now.

Order placed on 4/25/16 shipped via ePacket wrapped in thin bubble wrap with brown tape.
Ship Date 5/01/16
Received 5/09/16

The other was ordered from here... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rotary-1080p-Outdoor-Bullet-PTZ-IP-Camera-with-POE-Card-slot-2MP-10X-Zoom-80m-IR/32583485704.html purchased for $147.72 including DHL shipping but is now $169 with DHL shipping extra.

Order placed on 4/29/16 shipped through DHL double boxed.
Ship Date 5/06/16
Received 5/09/16

Tested both indoors and so far I have been pleased with their performance. Waiting on a few things from Monoprice before I can do the install. Not shown in the picture below but they are currently using POE on my current switch and have been powered on for about 6 days straight. Keeping my fingers crossed since there have been POE issues with the Huisun Mini PTZ V2.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anybody answer this about the Imporx mini PTZ? 10x

I just looked over this whole thread and did not see this question asked. But can anyone tell me what is the realistic distance from the camera to be able to ID someone:

ID someone Daytime distance?
ID someone night time distance?
I would like to know this also.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I finally get the cam I ordered (still bouncing around in China) I will run some tests. I plan on having one of the presets zoomed on my driveway gate (choke point unless they are without a vehicle and jump the fence). I plan on using that preset when we are away from home. At night after we go to bed I intend to still have the gate zoomed in a bit but a little wider look. I will be experimenting as to how far I can zoom out from the gate but still get an ID for both day and night. The gate is roughly 80' from the camera. Will measure tomorrow to get a more accurate figure. Now while I am home I will have it zoomed all the way out (I am usually at pc when home) and only PTZ when I see something interesting. But hopefully will post some figures.

Opps, I just thought of something. I will have to change the zones in BI every time I move the camera. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question for those who are using this cam on a PoE switch, what brand are you using and how has it been while using PTZ at night with the IR lights on? I'm concerned with the operating watts for the cam which shows 18w while most PoE have a max of 15.4w, will this be an issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

lowpro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered on April 28th and my camera is still stuck in China. Wasn't happy when the seller said that had he had "shipped" the order 13 days ago. It then took about 5 days before it showed up as being accepted by the mail system. Now it's been another 5 days and it hasn't moved. Seller is saying that it can take up to 30 days for the package to arrive. Hard to believe when I've ordered and received other packages in 7 days. Gah!

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question for those who are using this cam on a PoE switch, what brand are you using and how has it been while using PTZ at night with the IR lights on? I'm concerned with the operating watts for the cam which shows 18w while most PoE have a max of 15.4w, will this be an issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
i couldn't find it, but there was a post where someone measured the actual wattage, and it was around 11 watts in total being used on the 10x model.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Define ID...
Recognize someone I know?
See someone clearly enough to know I don't know them?
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for trespassing?
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for murder?
Also, at what zoom factor?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Define ID...
Recognize someone I know?
See someone clearly enough to know I don't know them?
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for trespassing?
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for murder?
Also, at what zoom factor?
For me it is:
See someone clearly enough to know I don't know them? Yes
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for trespassing? Yes
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for murder? Yes
Also, at what zoom factor? 1x, 5x, 10x night and day.

That is what I will be testing. But if someone already knows the answers that would be great. :)

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For me it is:
See someone clearly enough to know I don't know them? Yes
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for trespassing? Yes
ID someone that will stand up in a court of law for murder? Yes
Also, at what zoom factor? 1x, 5x, 10x night and day.

That is what I will be testing. But if someone already knows the answers that would be great. :)
The same for me, if I ever have footage of a crime I'll need something that LE can use.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer...I only play one in this topic...but it seems to me the common sense answer is that evidentiary video is footage which provides facial recognition "beyond a reasonable doubt." Or I have I been watching too TV?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer...I only play one in this topic...but it seems to me the common sense answer is that evidentiary video is footage which provides facial recognition "beyond a reasonable doubt." Or I have I been watching too TV?
Yes it would need to be "beyond a reasonable doubt" if taken to court. To much CSI. :p lol

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's completely different in the UK. There is actual a precise requirement for different stages of recognition.

The answer is 0m, if they are facing the other way.