Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps reliability just dramatically improved! ;) I like this solution knowing what we know now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, the splitter is large will make mounting less clean. I don't like this change, I wish they would keep it internal or at least do it on wire like in longse

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll be mounting the imporx on the outside of my garage, so the pigtail will be on the inside including the splitter, so it won't be a problem here. Will drill a hole large enough for the camera cables and the camera mount will cover the hole.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So has anyone confirmed if the cameras they just got are poe or not? I was going to order one but now i am hesitant.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i've got one landing any day now (to replace my bricked-via-bad-update v2). Ordered with PoE, so will see what i get.

Seems kinda lame to go with an external solution rather than figuring out and fixing what's wrong with the internal board...

switchman

n3wb
Reaction score
They probably know whats wrong with the internal POE. An easier/quicker solution is to disable or not even install the POE circuitry and include the external POE device. This way they can still say it is POE. Then respin/fix the internal POE on the next v3 version of the camera. This allows them to consume the built/in process supply chain stock.

These devices seem to have a short market lifespan. It would not surprise me to see v3 in ~3-4 months.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So has anyone confirmed if the cameras they just got are poe or not? I was going to order one but now i am hesitant.
The one I received doesn't have built-in PoE but it works fine with the included splitter. I don't have the camera mounted yet but have it temporarily setup on a tripod using the included PoE splitter and a Trendnet PoE+ injector as shown below.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What's that blue and beige box in the back? Looks like from the 90s :)
Yep, it's an old PC with a Core2 duo processor that I built years ago. Replaced the hard drive with a SSD recently and upgraded the ram to 8GB. I use it mainly to setup new cameras, routers, etc.

Also upgraded to Windows 95 from Windows 3.1. (just kidding of course, it has Windows 7) :D

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, but it still has floppy disk drive... that must be 15 years old or more :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, the case is probably close to being that old but the motherboard is probably 8 or 9 years old. The floppy drive is in the bay but not connected.

I still remember my first PC back in the late 80's. It had two 5.25" floppy drives and no hard drive. Later I upgraded it with a 30 meg hard drive. Back in the good ole DOS days. :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I had a stack of 5.25" floppies with games/utilities laying around for a while, memorabilia :)