Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, I knew I should have just bought 2 Hiks instead although it was fun but, not that fun.
Which setup did u use to power the cam? How long did the camera last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchman

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, I knew I should have just bought 2 Hiks instead although it was fun but, not that fun.
So yours died after ~ 6 weeks. So yours is making a grinding noise? Does the camera still work, ie zoom etc and you just cant pan/tilt of is it really dead.

Mine just posted in the tracking yesterday. I am going to be royally ticked of if I only get 6 weeks out of it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The speculation here it's the heat that's killing those, combined with the heat from using POE hence they removed/disabled internal POE and providing external ones now... I can't say I am particular happy about having external POE, but if it makes them last then so be it.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So yours died after ~ 6 weeks. So yours is making a grinding noise? Does the camera still work, ie zoom etc and you just cant pan/tilt of is it really dead.

Mine just posted in the tracking yesterday. I am going to be royally ticked of if I only get 6 weeks out of it.
I just pulled it off chimney last night so I will be looking closer at it. It tries to go through boot cycle and do the turn around and up etc then at end as it just grinds away.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
eh, it was only 140 and a test cam anyway....lesson learned...
I can tell that you are just gloating over these posts

Jack if you bought it from Jack he can repair it and my guess will disable poe while providing you with external one

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it had two floppy drives and no hard drive when I bought it in 87. I remember paying over $2000 for it but it did include a monochrome (green) monitor. :)
Dude...I bough my first computer (a Mac!) back in 1984. It had one floppy drive and 128k of memory. It cost $2,500.00! To copy a file from one disk to another meant swapping the floppys disks like 40 times! I can't believe I hung in there. The CPI Calculator says that is $5,799.76 in 2016 dollars! Yikes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can tell that you are just gloating over these posts

Jack if you bought it from Jack he can repair it and my guess will disable poe while providing you with external one
only gloating with respect to jackbnimble because of his attitude in general. These failures have proven that these cameras are unreliable. They should not be purchased.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
only gloating with respect to jackbnimble because of his attitude in general. These failures have proven that these cameras are unreliable. They should not be purchased.
I do believe that I'll be buying one after the next gen is released.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do believe that I'll be buying one after the next gen is released.
Even though I had one of the Huisun v1 camera's fail, they're still my favorite PTZ camera's, so will most likely purchase more in the future. Like you, I'll probably wait for the next generation.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol I knew you would love it, first time I haven't heard you argue though which is a nice change. Now perhaps the sales pitch on these junk cameras will die as well although I see another post already about how great these are after a few weeks with the mfg's BS fix. No I won't pay another 40-50 bucks and send mine back to China so they can ship it back with a splitter after they cut the POE connection. I will chalk up my purchase of this V2 10X as my lack of being able to resist the high sales pressures LOL. My next video will be my HIKS showing it burning.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I guess we will be seeing less of your attitude once you burn it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol I knew you would love it, first time I haven't heard you argue though which is a nice change.
I argue only when you lie, mislead, or post false information. Dont do those things and there will be no argument.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dude...I bough my first computer (a Mac!) back in 1984. It had one floppy drive and 128k of memory. It cost $2,500.00! To copy a file from one disk to another meant swapping the floppys disks like 40 times! I can't believe I hung in there. The CPI Calculator says that is $5,799.76 in 2016 dollars! Yikes.
Oh how I remember those days.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First I'm going to find a piece of wood to knock on then I'll say I have 5 of the Mini PTZ's and other than the V2 4X I have had 0 problems. One of the V2 10X is in full sun all day at the Jersey Shore.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've never owned a Mac but had a Commodore 64 around 1984 or 85. I don't remember how much memory it had but my first PC had a whopping 640k. :eek:nthego:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First I'm going to find a piece of wood to knock on then I'll say I have 5 of the Mini PTZ's and other than the V2 4X I have had 0 problems. One of the V2 10X is in full sun all day at the Jersey Shore.
Hopefully yours will be ok. I've only had the one die on the hottest day of the year so far. I have another on the garage that faces east and gets the morning sun but it's been fine since last November. (knock on that wood). :)

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
My v2 arrived yesterday and it did not come with an extra poe splitter. The standard POE port seems to be working fine.