Best NVR Software that money can buy?

Trey

n3wb
Reaction score
I posted this in another forum but didn't get any responses. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm a lonely IT admin that somehow got roped into supporting our company's entire IP camera setup. This system was installed by an outside contractor but then we had a falling out with that company. We have 6 sites set up with Nuuo Mainconsole systems installed on powerful desktop machines. IP cameras from about 5 different manufacturers ranging from 1MP to 5MP to panoramic/360. Ranges from 8-20 cameras per site.

What I'm looking for is an alternative to Nuuo software. The current system drops cameras all the time, has issues with virtual memory for some reason, and it all around a pain to administer.

I'm not looking for free/cheap options. I want to spend some money. I want something that WORKS! Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to support. If you do this for a living, I want to hear from you.

Any suggestions?

Trey

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman,

Is that the order you rate these programs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I just listed them.... they are all known to be good products....user @Razer can give you some detailed info on exacq as he uses it multiple large commercial environments.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Trey

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did PM Razer after I ran across his comments an another thread. Hopefully he will chime in here as well.

Thanks.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, I can certainly assist anyone with Exacq questions for sure. I too would consider all three of those mentioned to be good solutions it just happened that Exacq met all my needs best. Avigilon would be my second choice and overall while Milestone may work for some I was not a fan overall. It took the most work to get right and seems to have more odd issues pop up than the other two.

PM Inbound Trey!

Burbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Exacq is in my opinion the best software. It just "makes sense" when setting up, adding cameras, and definitely works well across many camera platforms. Go to one of there certification classes if possible. You may need to go thru one of their security dealers.

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Avigilon software suite and until I saw this thread, it appears I'm seeing good reviews for Exacq. Does someone here have a close estimate of how much money it cost for each Avigilon and Exacq? I don't see prices listed anywhere (and whether licensing is per camera or just one flat fee). I'm also interested in seeing which of the two has the lowest CPU consumption and has the best features.

On the Exacq software system, I'm primarily looking at the Professional version, while for the Avigilon software, probably the Standard.

Burbo

n3wb
Reaction score
On the exacq it is per camera license. I originally went with the starter license on my personal server build and now need to re-license to get further updates. The licenses are sold only thru registered security dealers to the best of my knowledge. Expect to pay between $70 and $175 per camera depending which class of license you go with. There are features on the enterprise level that I don't see most people using unless it is a very complicated system or mission critical. You are best to go with the pro as you stated. Go to exacq and download the free trial and give it a shot. If you don't like it, just uninstall. Also there is a great tool on their website that you can input specific cameras and determine bandwidth etc. There are camera tweeks, (depending on your camera) that can take some load off cpu such as using camera motion detection instead of software motion detection. I also have some hikvision nvr's and they have been reliable.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This falls into hardware over software NVR servers are your best place to start.
PC based systems always have issues.

Exacq not a bad client and server combination but has limited features and low resolution on recorded images.

Avigilon well its sales and marketing claims are unbelievable. their client is simple to use but support terrible,

hikvision very stable servers well built and IPC smart camera excellent, but client is a pain.

Milestone excellent all round client and nvr setup with Hikvision ipc camera's for a stable system. don't get caught up in the systems that want to charge non stop for licences that are not needed. Pay for it once firmware updates should be free.