BI 4 Playback issues

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Well at least you are up to date now on video :) Whenever I had ghosting issues on different cams of mine it was related to I-frame setting or CBR vs VBR. What is working for me now is CBR and if I am running 10FPS I use 20 for the I-frame. Not sure what you can do if you cannot select I-frame other than try different bit-rate.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well at least you are up to date now on video :) Whenever I had ghosting issues on different cams of mine it was related to I-frame setting or CBR vs VBR. What is working for me now is CBR and if I am running 10FPS I use 20 for the I-frame. Not sure what you can do if you cannot select I-frame other than try different bit-rate
I have already tested with newer Intel HD drivers installed. v10.18.14.4578.
Camera settings are as follows:
Encode Mode = H.264
Smart codec = OFF
Resolution = 2688x1520 (4085760 pixels)
Frame rate(FPS) = 20
Bit Rate Type = CBR
Bite rate = 4096
I Frame = 40
Yet....still did not solve the ghosting problem.:facepalm:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to me those settings should work for you. I have had previous updates that would cause ghosting and I would need to revert back to previous update. I can confirm I have no issues with the latest though 4.5.7.1.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks to me those settings should work for you. I have had previous updates that would cause ghosting and I would need to revert back to previous update. I can confirm I have no issues with the latest though 4.5.7.1.
Thank you for the advice so far.
Currently, I have installed the lastest version = Release 4.5.7.1 x64.
And yet...I have not seen an any improvement at all.
I am not sure it is related to the OS that I am using, Windows 7 x64.
I think the intel H/W acceleration is only fully working in Windows 10, but not Windows 7.
There is a newer version of Intel HD drivers available, however only applicable to Windows 10 OS, not Windows 7.
I am think of testing it out using Windows 10 x64.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After a few weeks of troubleshooting...........after spending long hours...............
finally.......I can say..........Windows 7 x64 is not compatiable with the latest BI v4.5.x.x.....
if you want to turn on = the INTEL hardware acceleration feature.
If you turn it on, ghosting will appear during playback.
But when it is turn off, the ghosting problem will not show up.

I think, it has to with the INTEL HD 4600 drivers (I have a Intel i7-4790K) running on Windows 7 x64 version.
Also, I think, it also has to with the INTEL hardware acceleration feature in BI v4.5.x.x
Intel doesn't have the latest driver version in 2017.
It only has the driver version available up to 2016 supporting Windows 7 x64 OS.

To solve the ghosting problem, I had to deactivate BI license key running under Windows 7 x64.
I downloaded the latest version of Windows 10 x64 Intel HD 4600 drivers in 2017 from:
Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]
I backuped/exported the BI registry file into a usb thumb drive.
I copied the license key into the usb thumb drive.
I got a spare SSD and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 x64.
I then installed BI v4.5.x.x (latest version) download from Download Blue Iris
I keyed in the license key within BI
I imported the registry file within BI
Make sure the INTEL hardware acceleration = YES(H.264) in BI's Option (Gear Icon)
No more ghosting during playback.:):):)

I would like to thank Tinman, for the advice given.