BI 4 Playback issues

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
When ghosting is mentioned with respect to BI it generally refers to pixelation of the moving object and then some freeze/stutter...if you are seeing motion blue at night, that is most likely the camera itself..fast moving objects will cause this....test with the cameras interface..
Make sure object detect reject is disabled...
The Ghosting/Trails/Motion Blur are only present in BI. I verified the motion blur is not present when viewing through the camera directly. Also, I verified that object detect/reject is unchecked. The ghosting is actually not incredibly bad most of the time and I could probably live with that if that was the only issue. However, losing 20sec of video is not something we can risk.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Ghosting/Trails/Motion Blur are only present in BI. I verified the motion blur is not present when viewing through the camera directly. Also, I verified that object detect/reject is unchecked. The ghosting is actually not incredibly bad most of the time and I could probably live with that if that was the only issue. However, losing 20sec of video is not something we can risk.
Do know what could be causing missing video....i would email support...also try a complete reinstall.

xxnumbxx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have completely re-installed Blue Iris already. I will try and upload a couple of video clips that shop more specifically what I am talking about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

mtpleasantben

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hate to re-open this issue up; but I'm experiencing the same issue. With setting just one camera for direct to disk, there is no Ghosting noticeable. However the more cameras that are set to Direct to Disk; the more the ghosting is noticeable and exaggerated.

I've installed Blue Iris Latest Version (Demo) on a second machine, and copied all the settings over. It produces the same issue.

Camera is 1520p, FPS is 20, IFrame is 20; I've set BLUEIRIS MAX FPS to 20 or 30, Buffer is 20MB with the same results.
... Was unable to find the exact FPS settings referred to in this post; I assume these settings were only in the older version

Performance Stats do not indicate the HD/CPU/RAM/Network are under any real stress to cause this.

Here is a sample:

On a second note, with each camera I enable I lose FPS on an existing one. Does anyone know what the bottleneck is that causes this low frame rate issue (CPU/HD/Network/Memory), I just don't see any load that would cause this either?

Thanks in advance for all your help! Great software as compared to iSpy or Sighthound.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to re-open this issue up; but I'm experiencing the same issue. With setting just one camera for direct to disk, there is no Ghosting noticeable. However the more cameras that are set to Direct to Disk; the more the ghosting is noticeable and exaggerated.

I've installed Blue Iris Latest Version (Demo) on a second machine, and copied all the settings over. It produces the same issue.

Camera is 1520p, FPS is 20, IFrame is 20; I've set BLUEIRIS MAX FPS to 20 or 30, Buffer is 20MB with the same results.
... Was unable to find the exact FPS settings referred to in this post; I assume these settings were only in the older version

Performance Stats do not indicate the HD/CPU/RAM/Network are under any real stress to cause this.

Here is a sample:

On a second note, with each camera I enable I lose FPS on an existing one. Does anyone know what the bottleneck is that causes this low frame rate issue (CPU/HD/Network/Memory), I just don't see any load that would cause this either?

Thanks in advance for all your help! Great software as compared to iSpy or Sighthound.
The demo is the cause. It will limit fps and direct to disk and hardware acceleration dont work.

Reaction score
I am having problems with the recorded video blurring and pixelating behind moving objects. I have tried increasing the buffer and increasing the FPS in BI and turned off NR in camera. I am using a Lorex LNZ32P12 outdoor PTZ. It seems like this issue is new since BI4 I can't remember. I am using HA H.264 only so my processor is running around 30-40% when BI is just idle recording. I need to check the spikes when motion is detected. I'm recording to two 480gb SSD in RAID 0 direct to disk then move the videos to a 10tb x 2 RAID 0. I am using BVR format and D2D to reduce CPU load.

My setup is i7 4790k 16gb of ram with slight overclock to 4.5ghz boost. Running about 12 cameras at 1080/30 and 2 at 720/30 Any help would be appreciated. I thought CPU load or write speed was the problem before using HA and writing to a RAID 0, but seems both of those problems have been fixed and still having the same issue. One more thing I notice in the recorded video on some cameras I get a green / multi colored bar at the bottom or top of the video. I think this just showed up with I enabled HA.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having problems with the recorded video blurring and pixelating behind moving objects. I have tried increasing the buffer and increasing the FPS in BI and turned off NR in camera. I am using a Lorex LNZ32P12 outdoor PTZ. It seems like this issue is new since BI4 I can't remember. I am using HA H.264 only so my processor is running around 30-40% when BI is just idle recording. I need to check the spikes when motion is detected. I'm recording to two 480gb SSD in RAID 0 direct to disk then move the videos to a 10tb x 2 RAID 0. I am using BVR format and D2D to reduce CPU load.

My setup is i7 4790k 16gb of ram with slight overclock to 4.5ghz boost. Running about 12 cameras at 1080/30 and 2 at 720/30 Any help would be appreciated. I thought CPU load or write speed was the problem before using HA and writing to a RAID 0, but seems both of those problems have been fixed and still having the same issue. One more thing I notice in the recorded video on some cameras I get a green / multi colored bar at the bottom or top of the video. I think this just showed up with I enabled HA.

match iframe interval to fps in the camera..also 30fps is crazy overkill..15 is way more than enough..

Reaction score
match iframe interval to fps in the camera..also 30fps is crazy overkill..15 is way more than enough..
Would iframe go by another name in camera? I looked for it and couldn't find the setting. I will check again. Thanks. I may try lower FPS and see if that helps.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would iframe go by another name in camera? I looked for it and couldn't find the setting. I will check again. Thanks. I may try lower FPS and see if that helps.
its there under the fps settings

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I found by unchecking "Also use for BVR playback" gets rid of the blank screen when first starting playback of a clip.
bvr.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want one from another setting menu. Thanks for all of you help!
Its seems like lorex removed the option to set the iframe interval. it should be under the fps settings. I would contact them. That camera is rebranded dahua and they all have the iframe interval settings...if you cannot set it, you will continue having problems with blue iris when recording direct to disk...if you reencode you should not see this problem at the expense of cpu consumption..

Reaction score
Its seems like lorex removed the option to set the iframe interval. it should be under the fps settings. I would contact them. That camera is rebranded dahua and they all have the iframe interval settings...if you cannot set it, you will continue having problems with blue iris when recording direct to disk...if you reencode you should not see this problem at the expense of cpu consumption..
Ok I will look for a new firmware also. Hope there is an update. I will try Lorex, but usually they only support their cameras on their NVRs. Thanks for the info.