BI 4 Playback issues

Pharm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm having the same issues as above with the video lagging, blurring and pixelating with movement. I have a 64 Cam set-up with mostly Amcrest ProHD 3-Megapixel cameras and about (20) Axis P3214-v cameras. I currently have my system on direct-to-disk and changing them over to Re-encode seems to fix the issue. Unfortunately it would be to much strain on the CPU to set them all to Re-encode. I've tried changing the settings suggested earlier and have had no success. (Matched i-Frame and FPS, Set BI fps slightly higher, Increased buffer to 20MB, removed 3DNR). Is there anything you can suggest that may fix the issue?

Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm having the same issues as above with the video lagging, blurring and pixelating with movement. I have a 64 Cam set-up with mostly Amcrest ProHD 3-Megapixel cameras and about (20) Axis P3214-v cameras. I currently have my system on direct-to-disk and changing them over to Re-encode seems to fix the issue. Unfortunately it would be to much strain on the CPU to set them all to Re-encode. I've tried changing the settings suggested earlier and have had no success. (Matched i-Frame and FPS, Set BI fps slightly higher, Increased buffer to 20MB, removed 3DNR). Is there anything you can suggest that may fix the issue?

Thanks

try disabling use HA for playback of bvr...uncheck also bvr on the video tab

Pharm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I was able to uncheck the "Also use for BVR playback", but I'm not sure where to disable HA for playback of bvr. The unchecking of the "Also use for bvr" box has no success in fixing the issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I was able to uncheck the "Also use for BVR playback", but I'm not sure where to disable HA for playback of bvr. The unchecking of the "Also use for bvr" box has no success in fixing the issue.
that is the option...
what is the cpu use while recording? does this happen on amcrest cameras only or also with axis?

Pharm

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently the CPU usage is at 54%, but that is only because I have some of the cameras on Re-Encode. When I've had all the cameras on Direct to Disk, the CPU hovered around 24% and the issue maintained. As for the axis cameras, the ghosting lagging does happen, but not the large pixelation does not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently the CPU usage is at 54%, but that is only because I have some of the cameras on Re-Encode. When I've had all the cameras on Direct to Disk, the CPU hovered around 24% and the issue maintained. As for the axis cameras, the ghosting lagging does happen, but not the large pixelation does not.
on the amcrest what is the encoding set to? h.264 or h.264H?

Pharm

n3wb
Reaction score
Logged into the Camera its self that is. On the camera view through BI, you can see some lagging and pixelation but nothing like in the recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Logged into the Camera its self that is. On the camera view through BI, you can see some lagging and pixelation but nothing like in the recording.
try using the dahua rtsp profile in blue iris or use find inspect for onvif profile and see if it helps...

Pharm

n3wb
Reaction score
The Dahua RTSP profile had the same problem. When I use the Find/Inspect, it places the camera as a generic RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. This makes the motion reporting from camera no longer trigger recording, and when I placed it on continuous recording it has the same problem. When I switched the feed from the camera to MJPG, it fixed the issue. I much rather run H.264 if possible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dahua RTSP profile had the same problem. When I use the Find/Inspect, it places the camera as a generic RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. This makes the motion reporting from camera no longer trigger recording, and when I placed it on continuous recording it has the same problem. When I switched the feed from the camera to MJPG, it fixed the issue. I much rather run H.264 if possible.
I would email support..also ensure that windows is set to high performance and that drives are set to never sleep

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Pharm,
You are not alone with this problem. :)
So far I emailed Ken, he did respond, but I am just waiting for his reply.
Correct, even if you selected Dahua RTSP profile in BI, it won't solve the problem.

The funny thing is.... I had build a PC with roughly the same spec for a friend of mine
which is also using Dahua camera and on top of that ACTi cameras, based on BIv4,
I could not find anything problem during playback. I didn't even have to play the
camera settings withing Dahua camera's GUI.

The problem is got to with the H.264 streaming and Intel H/W accel.
If Intel H/W accel is turn OFF with BI settings. The problem goes away,
as simple as that......;) (This is of course apply to my case, not sure
it will happen to yours)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Pharm,
You are not alone with this problem. :)
So far I emailed Ken, he did respond, but I am just waiting for his reply.
Correct, even if you selected Dahua RTSP profile in BI, it won't solve the problem.

The funny thing is.... I had build a PC with roughly the same spec for a friend of mine
which is also using Dahua camera and on top of that ACTi cameras, based on BIv4,
I could not find anything problem during playback. I didn't even have to play the
camera settings withing Dahua camera's GUI.

The problem is got to with the H.264 streaming and Intel H/W accel.
If Intel H/W accel is turn OFF with BI settings. The problem goes away,
as simple as that......;) (This is of course apply to my case, not sure
it will happen to yours)
Try updating your Intel HD driver... I have no issue with Dahua cams and hardware acceleration...

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try updating your Intel HD driver... I have no issue with Dahua cams and hardware acceleration...
First of all, sorry to hijack this thread :) to the original poster.

Hi fenderman,
I have already did try the method of installing the latest Intel HD drivers. But still no go........

Are you using Windows 7 x64 or Windows 10 x64 ? At this moment problem only affects using Windows 7 x64.

Ken just replied my email. It seems that Windows 10 is more compatible with BIv4's Intel H/W Accel?
I am saying this because I assume Windows 10 has no problem when during playback. And it fully supports Intel H/W Accel. Am I right here?

And...it seems to me, that.......if I have 2 cameras in operation, there is no necessity to turn ON BIv4's Intel H/W Accel.
That is what I got from Ken. But he replied he still need time to test BI in Windows 10.

Does anyone in the forum have this kind of issue in Windows 10? Please reply.
Appreciate if you do.

Thank you.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Also be sure to use the latest INTEL driver not what your motherboard site is offering. I made that mistake and since updating to latest Intel driver I have no issues like this on W10.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also be sure to use the latest INTEL driver not what your motherboard site is offering. I made that mistake and since updating to latest Intel driver I have no issues like this on W10.
Thanks your response, Tinman.
I decided to take Tinman's proposed solution, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Believing there is no harm of trying...........:)
29-5-2017 10-46-55 AM.jpg