BI back to eval version?

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
My BI is back to evaluation version? I inserted the product code but the "next" button isn't becoming available? I purchase BI from here.

More details
I tried to click on the DEMO button but that isn't working either. I have zero days left.
I noticed that I wasn't getting emails and decided to check the PC. I noticed BI wasn't running and launched it. Now I am at were I am at.

TIA
Frank

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
search is your friend.
in google enter
site:ipcamtalk.com evaluation

Before asking a question search the forum first...
The best way to search the forum is to use Google
In the google search window enter.. site:ipcamtalk.com ?????? ..where ?????? is the items/terms you are interested in.
Example site:ipcamtalk.com evaluation

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version of BI are you using? What is the status of your support plan?
Actually, I can't even get demo up and running. So correction, I am not in eval version. I have zero days left and demo button when click doesn't do anything.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just guessing, but you either had automatic updates on or manually updated. BI requires a support plan to update. Technically it's been that way for a while but has started being enforced since version 5 came out. Your best bet is to revert back to whatever you had running or update your support plan to get the current version working. The latest, stable, version is 5.2.3.11

There are numerous threads here discussing this.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just guessing, but you either had automatic updates on or manually updated. BI requires a support plan to update. Technically it's been that way for a while but has started being enforced since version 5 came out. Your best bet is to revert back to whatever you had running or update your support plan to get the current version working. The latest, stable, version is 5.2.3.11

There are numerous threads here discussing this.
How do I figure out my version that I used or last version? I assume it is the version immediately prior to 5.2.3.11?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, start with the earliest 5.x.x.x and go from there if you don't know what version you were running. Is there a "Blue Iris 5" subdirectory in the "program Files" directory of your C:/ drive? Have a look in there and use the second, or third, newest .exe file, "BlueIris_5xxx.exe".

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, start with the earliest 5.x.x.x and go from there if you don't know what version you were running. Is there a "Blue Iris 5" subdirectory in the "program Files" directory of your C:/ drive? Have a look in there and use the second, or third, newest .exe file, "BlueIris_5xxx.exe".
I found the directory. In it, it has Blue Iris 4.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A blue iris serial number will have 25 characters (excluding the dashes) You are likely trying to enter a support key. If you upgraded from BI4 using a support key you must enter the original bi4 key that is now your bi5 key.
If you purchased from the forum it would not have been an upgrade. The key would be in your store account.

farnk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A blue iris serial number will have 25 characters (excluding the dashes) You are likely trying to enter a support key. If you upgraded from BI4 using a support key you must enter the original bi4 key that is now your bi5 key.
If you purchased from the forum it would not have been an upgrade. The key would be in your store account.
This worked! Thanks! Now can I upgrade up to a certain version or I have to stick with the version, ver 4, I have?