BI general Help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus-H-Christ, really?

For someone so concerned with what other people are and are not reading, you sure are lacking yourself...

Allow me once again to quote myself: "My mistake was reading "don't use hot spots" and hearing "don't use the feature" which is why I asked my original question. Because I was curious if there was something with the feature in general that caused issues. I made it clear in my original post that I understood the implication of relying on hot spots to capture footage."

To be clear, in the UI the feature is "zones and hot spot" not "zones and hot spot and masking." and in any case in my original question I think I was clear that I was referring to masking and not hot spots per se. Clearly you were just primed to jump down someone's throught nad tell tehm they were wrong.

"Wait... what's wrong with hotspots? I don't use them as hotspots per se, but I do use the feature to block out a few areas where I don't want motion to trigger an alert. My cameras are continuously recording though, so maybe that's why I've not seen an issue?"
Are you dumb or pretending to be? Hotspot is a separate and distinct feature..it's simply placed together with zones because of acts as a zone...you are not using hotspot...and as I stated it should not be used for alert purposes...you are not using the hotspot function despite your insistence otherwise...you were wrong and simply refuse to admit it so you play a semantics game... finally I never mentioned masking...go read the help file again...

Reaction score
Are you dumb or pretending to be? Hotspot is a separate and distinct feature..it's simply placed together with zones because of acts as a zone...you are not using hotspot...and as I stated it should not be used for alert purposes...you are not using the hotspot function despite your insistence otherwise...you were wrong and simply refuse to admit it so you play a semantics game... finally I never mentioned masking...go read the help file again...
Fuck you.

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Slow going can't find a good spot of the setting

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are you struggling with? What is triggering BI? Pouring rain here. Had to tweak my setting slightly to stop the rain from triggering. Moved make time to 1.0 seconds. Was .8 seconds. No more rain false triggers.

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The problem is the camera at the front of the house will pick up flying birds and other wildlife during the night and when you dail back the sensitivity to the point it doesn't do it becomes absolutely useless for detecting any people whatsoever you can almost walk up to the camera within a metre of the camera and literally it will not record you , I think it is something to do with slope of the driveway it's falls down and away from the camera but easyly within the pic , the side camera biggest problem is sunlight and sun change from a cloud passing or sun rising it'll pick up the difference in contrast I think I've tried playing with the contrast but once again when you mess about with that it leaves to Camera useless for picking up people and I don't get the range for picking up I need on the driveway a different part

Sorry of the bad English I have dyslexia

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you using multiple zones? I have mine cranked way down that it is pretty sensitive. I use multiple zones and tweaked the other settings to compensate for things such as sunlight. I also use different profiles for the day and night. I use different zone patterns for day and night. Different make time settings for day and night, etc. Are you trying to sort everything out on one profile?

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are the settings i am using for the two cameras, any help would be greatly appreciated. the cameras are too sensitive at night and not enough in the day time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you need any more info, please let me know.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just taking a quick look at things. You are using hotspot for your zone. It is going to trip on anything and everything. You will never filter out the triggers from that. It bypasses everything and triggers. I use multiple zones and set requirements that allow a trigger when an object travels from zone A-C or something similar. My make time is higher than that. Around .8 make time. The yard pictures appear pretty easy to setup zones for and be reliable. My layout for my front yard is a little more complicated and it is pretty darn reliable.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My front yard is extremely reliable at tripping. I haven't filtered out the critters yet because I actually like knowing what is around my yard at night.

Attachments

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will make the hotspot off tommoz and report back

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I checked it this morning and I was useing the zone control to stop shadows and trees setting it off if that matter but I trun it off again.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use zones. Just don't use the Hotspot as a zone. It bypasses any settings and goes straight to alert.