BI Tools - weather updates stopped working

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't recall exactly when this issue occurred...maybe a few weeks ago, maybe longer but I'm just now starting to look into it...it had been working flawlessly. Anyhow, I have weather overlay info on one of the cameras and the data appears to be frozen at some point in time. I thought it may have been the particular weather station I had selected so I tried some others and clicked the Update Weather button and it appeared to update. I enabled the Time Updated switch to verify it was updating every minute. BI tools is reporting back that the weather is getting updated every minute but the overlay on the cam appears stuck in time.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find out what crashed or needs to be fixed? BTW, I noted that my Watchdog setting were unchecked so I suspect maybe a BI tools update may have killed my original settings....????

See below...it's 11am but it's stuck at a previous time.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone notice this problem showed up again a few days ago?...or it's a similar issue.

Weather overlay is not updating or it's stuck hours behind.

Had to get into BIT and manually click the Update Weather button to get the overlay to refresh from it's stuck at time which was around 8 hours earlier.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone notice this problem showed up again a few days ago?...or it's a similar issue.

Weather overlay is not updating or it's stuck hours behind.
Is it "script error" again? Your image in the OP is gone, so just asking.
BTW, if you upload a small image directly to IPCT it'll be there after a few weeks, unlike Imgur.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I never did experience the script error that other folks noted. See below, I manually updated on BIT but it doesn't auto update every minute which is what it is set for at the moment.

Update time/date doesn't match the time/date on the lower right corner.

BIT Version 1.3.3

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be that the weather station is having issues. What is the weather station ID? Can PM it to me if you want it to be private.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I use three different weather stations near me and all of them behave the same. I'll PM you a screen shot just to make sure the settings are okay but I haven't touch it for awhile when it was working.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anybody have this happen recently? Just happened to me today. I tried about 5 different stations in my area and nothing seemed to work.
Running Version 1.5.0

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm, I just noticed that too. I'm showing my last update was 12:37pm eastern time....it's now 7:37pm.

reicher

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine died about 7 hours (9:37 PST) ago as well - I have tried several different local weather stations
I see a pattern here - hopefully this gets resolved soon - maybe wunderground is blacklisting the API service?

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Same here. Working great for a while, then noticed a couple days ago that my temp was stuck at one temp, but just now had the time to go into BIT. Says "error connecting to wunderground. check your internet/station ID". Tried several local IDs, All stations are reporting when I look at them on the wunderground site. Tried reboot. No luck.

pupsik22

n3wb
Reaction score
This has been noted and discussed recently in another thread. Just found this "End of Service for the Weather Underground API" announcement updated 2 days ago ;-( not happy about it. Any ideas how we can display our own API's in BI?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This has been noted and discussed recently in another thread. Just found this "End of Service for the Weather Underground API" announcement updated 2 days ago ;-( not happy about it. Any ideas how we can display our own API's in BI?

Thank you for this.