bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Taking my KW hours used and dividing that by the total payment (that includes all the extra crap add-ons), my latest bill was 17 cents per KWH. Germany just closed it's last nuke plant at the same time upping the cost of electricity by 45% to 49.44 cents per KWH. These people in control are sick and/or crazy.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I find it quite humorous the greenies haven't thought past the initial purchase, of how you are going to maintain or repair your battery bank when cells start going bad. It's not a matter of "if", it's just a matter of "when" they go bad. The battery IS the entire frame of what the car is built on. It's not like you just pop the trunk or remove the back seat to access the batteries. So, a $62,000.00 car is absolutely totaled out if a battery looses a bank of cells. You would have to disassemble the entire car to get to them. Fucking brilliant.

This is the number one reason I will never own an EV. I will keep my ICE vehicles until they plant me in the ground. Politicians make terrible product engineers.

electrification_gamechanger.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great article...my only issue I find is with the statement "....While these findings do not mean electric trucks are completely useless, they do prove the vehicles are not nearly as effective as gas-powered trucks."

Other than that being the understatement of the year, I would say their findings DO mean electric trucks are completely useless.....unless you buy a $93K vehicle to retrieve 6 bags of groceries one day a week from a store not over 25 miles away then let it sit in the driveway the other 6 days of the week.

The only thing I consider MORE useless is a Democrat....in any capacity, on any subject, on any day of the week. Left up to them, all U.S. Navy submarines would be fitted with screen doors. :screwy:

Last edited:
Reaction score
And then there is California....
NO NEW DIESEL Big Rig TRUCK SALES after2035.

Additionally, they will not allow trucks older than 2010 to be registered again.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
And then there is California....
NO NEW DIESEL Big Rig TRUCK SALES after2035.

Additionally, they will not allow trucks older than 2010 to be registered again.

California will find themselves without a way to move heavy loads. How long will it take to charge a semi's batteries with a roof mounted solar panel? All of the container ships will go to other ports in other states, like Texas, Alabama and Florida. Hopefully, I live long enough to witness that cluster fuck. :thumb:

Reaction score
California will find themselves without a way to move heavy loads. How long will it take to charge a semi's batteries with a roof mounted solar panel? All of the container ships will go to other ports in other states, like Texas, Alabama and Florida. Hopefully, I live long enough to witness that cluster fuck. :thumb:
There will be massive DIESEL trainloads of shipping containers delivered to distribution hubs just OUTSIDE of Commiefornia where they will get loaded onto trucks. Then they will try to regulate trains.

Last edited:

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There will be massive DIESEL trainloads of shipping containers delivered to distribution hubs just OUTSIDE of Commiefornia where they will get loaded onto trucks. Then they will try to regulate trains.
Check the news. The unelected nazis at CARB (appointed by the idiot leftists elected in this dump) have now banned diesel train locomotives older than 23 years old, as well as adding a host of other restrictions/regulations. The only glimmer of hope is that this must be approved by the Feds at the EPA, but given the illogical stances held by the current administration, they will probably get approved.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the news. The unelected nazis at CARB (appointed by the idiot leftists elected in this dump) have now banned diesel train locomotives older than 23 years old, as well as adding a host of other restrictions/regulations. The only glimmer of hope is that this must be approved by the Feds at the EPA, but given the illogical stances held by the current administration, they will probably get approved.
Since they're Diesel generator - electric drive motor locomotives, you'd think they'd get some special consideration, but no.

Unlike some 50 year old G.E. Diesel-Electrics pulling a mile long / 100 car train with 3 or 4 locomotives hooked together, you won't see that with a battery-powered locomotive....if you did, the first 50 cars would be the batteries for them to run on.

Freight costs will skyrocket even more...Thanks, Brandon! :mad:

Reaction score
Since they're Diesel generator - electric drive motor locomotives, you'd think they'd get some special consideration, but no.

Unlike some 50 year old G.E. Diesel-Electrics pulling a mile long / 100 car train with 3 or 4 locomotives hooked together, you won't see that with a battery-powered locomotive....if you did, the first 50 cars would be the batteries for them to run on.

Freight costs will skyrocket even more...Thanks, Brandon! :mad:
That one isn't even Brandon.... it is CARB-- the California Air Resources Board-- an autonomous regulating body that can write their own regulations.
Thomas Paint forecast their existence 240 years ago...

1682996364655.png

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I find it quite humorous the greenies haven't thought past the initial purchase, of how you are going to maintain or repair your battery bank when cells start going bad. It's not a matter of "if", it's just a matter of "when" they go bad. The battery IS the entire frame of what the car is built on. It's not like you just pop the trunk or remove the back seat to access the batteries. So, a $62,000.00 car is absolutely totaled out if a battery looses a bank of cells. You would have to disassemble the entire car to get to them. Fucking brilliant.

This is the number one reason I will never own an EV. I will keep my ICE vehicles until they plant me in the ground. Politicians make terrible product engineers.

View attachment 161428
And where are you going to put the toxic waste from 100's of millions of such banks.

Hydrogen powered vehicles should be the priority.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That one isn't even Brandon.... it is CARB-- the California Air Resources Board-- an autonomous regulating body that can write their own regulations.
Thomas Paint forecast their existence 240 years ago...

View attachment 161631
Oh, I'm familiar with CARB...I lived in CA for 29 years. I just figured the entire current WH admin and cabinet officials with the "Green New Deal" are applying pressure.

But it's true CARB needs no pressure from anyone to be Brandon-like: I recall a gas can in CA with it's special no-vapor-escapes design costing TWICE as much as a regular gas can without all that crap on it.....and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yeah, and those crap gas cans would leak gas on ME every darn time I tried to use them. I've LONG since converted all my crap nozzle gas cans to proper nozzles that actually dispense gas like they should a long long time ago...