IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The alternative is there is no one alive to worry about the rods

So, may be a worthwhile tradeoff

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How much for your Solar panels? Just curious...
$16,000 (2017) with a 7 year payback at that time. With electric price increases payback happened in ~5 years. Now what the panels produce is free. Looking back I should have installed more panels. Still have a $800 true up cost each Nov. with the EV.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please explain this statement.
My rate plan with PG&E is net metering. When I produce more Kwh than I use it becomes a credit (meter runs backwards). When I use more than I produce it works off the credit first. I use more than I produce so at the end of 12 months I owe for the additional usage called an annual true up bill. Mine is in Nov each year since Nov is when the solar was completed. It's actually a little more complicated since I have peak and off peak rate times. I could sign up for the EV rate plan where night time rates are very cheap for California but since the solar produces most of the power during off peak times it is better for me to pay the higher off peak rates since the solar offsets mostly off peak. Confusing?

I only mentioned the EV because the solar was enough to cover all electric cost prior to the EV.