bidens incredible transition to electric cars

Etech

n3wb
Reaction score
Build a REAL electric vehicle!

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
The fact they are proceeding forward with the idea of this technology given that it is not even close to being ready for primetime.

As the imbecile who is currently squatting in the White house once said "We need to suffer to make this a reality"

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Build a REAL electric vehicle!
Another viable solution with a 50 mile range. :rofl: It's a nice experiment and undoubtedly extremely fast but it is anything but practical.

Etech

n3wb
Reaction score
Practical? No. Fun? extremely!

The most interesting part of the article is:
"When at full speed, the Zombie generates enough power to light a hospital. "

If the geniuses behind EV would design a generator attached to a creation such as this, to keep the batteries charged, we might see viability. I believe heat is the problem with that, they have no idea how to deal with the intense heat created by such a combination and I doubt they ever will frankly.

Etech

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol, no. A generator to charge the batteries much the same as an alternator does on a gas vehicle.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
You joke, but internal combustion engine cars are so inefficient that its actually still better to have even a coal power plant running at optimal efficiency and then charging up cars

Even if we had to build new fossil fuel power plants to get the power for EV's, its still a net positive for CO2 and particulate emissions

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe the pedal speed could be linked to the speed of the car, so to go faster you need to actually pedal faster. Would reduce speeding throughout the country

Etech

n3wb
Reaction score
Where would the generator be powered from?
Not to sharp on mechanics huh?

Back in the old days of early automobiles manufacturers where making starters (motors) and generators (power sources) all in one unit. These were mounted on the front of the engine and powered by the engine crankshaft during operation.

The same principle can be applied to an electric motor (engine). You expend a portion of engine output to generate electricity to charge the batteries. It would be impossible to achieve a full charge this way but could supplement electrical charge enough to increase range.

like I said though, the problem is heat. Heat already is a big problem with EV and adding in extra heat from the charging process is likely a deal breaker for this concept. I just wonder if these so called engineers pushing the EV narrative have ever even considered this possibility? I have little faith in that at this juncture as I view the whole initiative suspect.