Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im sorry for stupid question, but who have issue with clicking relay, did you make factory default after upgrade? If not, just do it!

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The incoming bandwidth has decreased, with these firmwares ? Even after the last update, my ow NVR shows, under 'camera', a total bandwidth of 88 Mbps, actually, it shows remaining bandwidth 43Mbps on a total of 88 Mbps. Wasn't 320 Mbps (NVR5208-8P-4KS2, but my cameras are 'on the network', not hooked up to the inbuilt PoE switch) ?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
MakeItRain- Did you still have the clicking from the relay after upgrading to the latest 4.0-1 firmware? I have the same NVR and the same relay cycling issue on 4.0
Oh you have the same issue too?!? Glad it’s not a hardware problem then, as I suspected.

Yes the issue is still present, they did not fix it.

Im sorry for stupid question, but who have issue with clicking relay, did you make factory default after upgrade? If not, just do it!
You clearly think we’re all idiots. Yes, I have factory reset 10 times. I have factory default 10 times. I even used the hardware button to factory reset on the motherboard. Each time it resets, but the clicking relay comes back when it boots.

Downgrading to v3.216 immediately resolves the problem.

I have proven myself over and over and in my sleep, by downgrading and upgrading 20 times, from v3.216 to v4.0, the issue is always present in 4.0 and does not occur in v3.216.

Based on my experimentation, I hear a few clicking noises on initialization with 4.0, then the clicking begins immediately when the nvr os boots up. My guess is some kind of initialization problem.

Remember, I bet you didn’t know this but NVR54xx has more relays than NVR52xx. My guess is FW engineers forgot to initialize those relays properly in 54xx.

@EMPIRETECANDY lets put some pressure on Dahua to fix this. Probably a easy code fix.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine shows Residue Bandwidth / Total Bandwidth as 89 Mbps / 168 Mbps on a NVR5416-16P-4KS2. 9 cameras running.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
V3.216 may be stable but so far I’ve seen no issues on my end with 4.0 other than the clicking noise.

I have to use 4.0 because the 5xxx AI cam 2-way talk only works thru the NVR with 4.0 firmware. Otherwise I have to dedicate a direct access IP to that specific camera in iDMSS and that defeats the purpose of having a separate local LAN that the 54xx NVR provides. Then this camera has to reside on the main subnet which I don’t like. Having separate local LAN subnet means I keep the cameras off the main subnet.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't really know enough about it but I'm wondering if that is one of the bugs with the 4.0 version...

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine shows Residue Bandwidth / Total Bandwidth as 89 Mbps / 168 Mbps on a NVR5416-16P-4KS2. 9 cameras running.
is it possible that it is just a firmware hardcoded display max value of 80Mbps but realistically the hardware can still support 320mbps. What I'm saying is, if you indeed max'd out the bandwidth beyond 80, the value of the remaining will probably just wrap to a minus value, but still keep going, allowing you to run. So its nothing more than a aesthetic bug, not a hard limit.

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Engineer Dahua asked for a video confirmation to confirm the problem (clicked issue), where the firmware version, model of the device and the problem itself will be visible.
Who can make this video?
If anyone can, please do and send a download link.

Unfortunately, we dont have now in our stock NVR54xx-4ks2, we have only NVR52xx-4KS2 now. On next week we can get one, but better if i send video today.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@shelestoff
By any chance, do you have direct access to dahua engineers ? In case, can you tell 'em about the SmartIR issue/bad functioning on the IP cam ? I believe that @EMPIRETECANDY already reported the problem, but maybe, with more pressure ...... :)
Fine SmartIR
Review: Dahua HFW5442T-ASE 4MP Starlight+

For bad SmartIR, on IPC version, every video with a person at 2/3 mt in front of the camera, can show the issue.

shelestoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@shelestoff
By any chance, do you have direct access to dahua engineers ? In case, can you tell 'em about the SmartIR issue/bad functioning on the IP cam ? I believe that @EMPIRETECANDY already reported the problem, but maybe, with more pressure ...... :)
Fine SmartIR
Review: Dahua HFW5442T-ASE 4MP Starlight+

For bad SmartIR, on IPC version, every video with a person at 2/3 mt in front of the camera, can show the issue.
i have, but anything have to be clearly confirmed.
Give the link for video, where can see:
device name,
firmware version (is that IPC)
or Part Number (if it HDCVI),
and issue.