Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems like this update added AI functions to NVR's that were previously not under the AI nomenclature. Does this mean we can use the AI options in the main menu now in the previous models?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Arjun
Only if the cams you are connecting support AI features of one kind of another such as Pro AI, Ultra AI etc. NVR checkers against cams when performing tasks to see if feature is supported.
Hope that helps

Seems like this update added AI functions to NVR's that were previously not under the AI nomenclature. Does this mean we can use the AI options in the main menu now in the previous models?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Arjun
Only if the cams you are connecting support AI features of one kind of another such as Pro AI, Ultra AI etc. NVR checkers against cams when performing tasks to see if feature is supported.
Hope that helps
Thank you for clarifying :)

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your cameras are hooked up directly to the NVR's inbuilt PoE switch, or are around, on the network ?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@MakeItRain just checking, do you have an SMD capable cam ? Only reason I ask is to ensure they you do so that the AI NVR can detect the function correctly.

@EMPIRETECANDY

Can I test for you on this version? I really like the SMD box function on live view for human tracking. That's an awesome feature I am waiting for.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

I have the DAHUA NVR DHI-NVR5416-4KS2 and just received the IPC-HFW7442HP-Z4 from you yesterday.

Is the NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.1.R.20191016 working good? Thinking of upgrading to this version for testing new Ultra AI Camera Functions. If you think it is good for use then can you send me the latest version?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Davahad its definitely worth trying for the AI functions etc and overall a great GUI BUT there are a lot of bugs right now as I mentioned. I'm sending a list to Andy with these in so that hopefully we can get some of the major ones addressed quickly with Dahua. Not to say there aren't workarounds and as I said, definitely worth considering testing for the AI but be warned about the bugs :)

@EMPIRETECANDY

I have the DAHUA NVR DHI-NVR5416-4KS2 and just received the IPC-HFW7442HP-Z4 from you yesterday.

Is the NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000001.1.R.20191016 working good? Thinking of upgrading to this version for testing new Ultra AI Camera Functions. If you think it is good for use then can you send me the latest version?

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Davahad its definitely worth trying for the AI functions etc and overall a great GUI BUT there are a lot of bugs right now as I mentioned. I'm sending a list to Andy with these in so that hopefully we can get some of the major ones addressed quickly with Dahua. Not to say there aren't workarounds and as I said, definitely worth considering testing for the AI but be warned about the bugs :)
The only thing that would stop me is not getting IVS push notifications with Video. Sounds like that was fixed recently as I read above? Can you still downgrade back to 3.X?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm probably blind, but how does one export video in the v4 NVR?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@usaf_pride you can do it from 3 areas depending on your capture specifics (motion vs AI captures etc):

1) the playback menu using file list for specific captures or scissors (to clip period of time).

2) Alternatively you can go to the backup menu input your criteria including channel, type (alarm, IVS etc) & format

3) AI Menu, Smart Search,choose rule type and channel criteria then click Smart Search. When the clips populate that meet your criteria put a check in the box of the ones interested in and choose backup.

I'm probably blind, but how does one export video in the v4 NVR?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Just update the Nov. version firmware on this link for the NVR5XXX-4KS2/4KS2E

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. As a quick update to everyone here, based on one of my earlier posts, I have bundled up a number of bugs in a compiled list for Andy who is kindly going to submit to Dahua as this FW continues to improve with fixes. Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY

Just update the Nov. version firmware on this link for the NVR5XXX-4KS2/4KS2E

highground

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. As a quick update to everyone here, based on one of my earlier posts, I have bundled up a number of bugs in a compiled list for Andy who is kindly going to submit to Dahua as this FW continues to improve with fixes. Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY
Thanks Andy & Wildcat. Would you mind sharing with us the current list of bugs (that perhaps aren't security related) so we can decide on whether to try the new firmware?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@highground sure I’ll high level the detailed usability bugs I found and publish a summary here if that helps

Thanks Andy & Wildcat. Would you mind sharing with us the current list of bugs (that perhaps aren't security related) so we can decide on whether to try the new firmware?