Bill from DHL

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received a bill from DHL for import/export duties for $27.12
Import/Export Duties $16.12
Payment Deferment $ 11.00
Since the only purchase I have made from china was the Mini PTZ I assume it was for them, I bought 2.
Is this normal?

Michael

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was told to order the cameras separately if ordering two or more cameras to avoid the Import/Export Duties. I think they charge those fee's on anything valued at more than $200 or maybe it was $250.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the UK anything over £18 gets hit by DHL unless it's marked as Gift then it's a bit higher.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I paid mine two decided not to push the luck over $26. Btw when they sent it to collection did you have to pay extra?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You waited 2 months because you didn't want to pay $27 for an item you sent via an express courier?

Next time just send it China Post and save yourself the $27.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, because I'm a complete A Hole.
I thought when I paid the shipping I was done.
Didn't know more fees would come later with no idea how much.

No I don't believe I paid extra

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry Hot Rod, everyone gets/wants a piece of the pie - can't let china collect all the money. Anytime you import from out of country UPS/DHL/FedEx there will be additional fee's. Even things coming in from Canada can be taxed if not properly filled out and submitted. Most sellers undervalue items - for example I just received a tester that was $515 but was listed on customs paperwork as $50 so I don't expect a future bill. Guess its part of the game and if you're willing to import you have to be wiling to pay :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The amount of eBay and Aliexpress feedback that is negative saying about import fees shows how big the problem is with people not knowing. No wonder so many of these companies undervalue the items. Funnily though, them undervaluing it and you accepting it then as the importer you are breaking the law. Ok, not so funny I guess. Negligence is a penalty/fine but deliberately doing this is fraud.

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had I been informed in advance I could have made the decision to buy or not.
Not being informed is what makes me mad.
I have bought many things from overseas and never had this issue.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The "payment deferment" fee is the number I would take issue with. That isnt an issue for most things in Australia because the threshold is AUD$1000 though the falling dollar against the green back means purchases from China that used to be duty free now attract duty. People try the gift thing but they x-ray everything, arent complete idiots, and know you can't buy a two dozen IP cameras for $50.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had I been informed in advance I could have made the decision to buy or not.
Not being informed is what makes me mad.
I have bought many things from overseas and never had this issue.
What? 17th September 1787, you were told.

Yeah, it's a caveat emptor of importing from abroad, importer is responsible for fees. Same here, same nearly everywhere. But I agree, seller should make you aware.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought one of the Huisun mini PTZs a few days ago. What kind of extra fees should I expect?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought one of the Huisun mini PTZs a few days ago. What kind of extra fees should I expect?
Probably none if you only ordered one camera. I ordered my first one with DHL shipping. There were no extra fee's. I ordered the next two separately using ePacket shipping as recommended by Monica and had no extra fee's.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, just one and ePacket shipping. Fingers crossed, thank you!