Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The UI changes feel like change for changes sake (nothing gained), but the slider on the clip viewer is nice.
Look at some of the new features like "more clips" allowing you to view a full screen of clips, clip image in the time line, as well as being able to move the clip list right to left. The clips list slider was available on BI4. Those are more than cosmetic changes.

Johnathon

n3wb
Reaction score
I rarely post, however, I just upgraded a win 10 box from Ver 4 to Ver 5. Over the past few hours that I have run 5.0, I have had zero issues so far.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Took the plunge. Downloaded the latest FULL installer, which wierdly, is 5.0.0.57 (yet the update, only shows 5.0.0.56).

The migration seems to have gone perfectly now. No post upgrade issues.

YMMV!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There was recently a website redesign and that probably threw the update version number out of sync with the update file.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There was recently a website redesign and that probably threw the update version number out of sync with the update file.
A pretty nice redesign it is too :)

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've lied, there's a problem still. Under Motion Settings, on all profiles except the first, it had reverted to Non HD, and Simple algorithm for each camera. Meaning that detection zones etc were lost.

upload_2019-6-28_16-10-3.png

Johnathon

n3wb
Reaction score
I rarely post, however, I just upgraded a win 10 box from Ver 4 to Ver 5. Over the past few hours that I have run 5.0, I have had zero issues so far.
24 hours of no issues. So I uninstalled 4 and did not delete registry keys. rebooted and my 5 went to unregistered and lost all settings. Luckily i had back them up. re-imported settings and now everything is working again. Was in inconvenient and freaked me out for a second. But all is back to normal again. So make sure you back up settings.. just in case.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Almost all of these Profiles lost problems I think are caused by this new "Sync" box. I myself prefer the old copy and paste method of BI4. I can see it's benefits, BUT you better know that once you check the "Sync with profile 1" box and then click OK, you lose all setting you had in that profile as they will now exactly match Profile 1 (default active) So if you have been a little click happy...you soon realize there is no going back. (unless of course you have backups)

Annotation 2019-06-28 105859.jpg

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Almost all of these Profiles lost problems I think are caused by this new "Sync" box. I myself prefer the old copy and paste method of BI4. I can see it's benefits, BUT you better know that once you check the "Sync with profile 1" box and then click OK, you lose all setting you had in that profile as they will now exactly match Profile 1 (default active) So if you have been a little click happy...you soon realize there is no going back. (unless of course you have backups)

View attachment 44153
Sync wasn’t selected in my case... Though I had experienced what you describe above in one of my earlier migration attempts

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
24 hours of no issues. So I uninstalled 4 and did not delete registry keys. rebooted and my 5 went to unregistered and lost all settings. Luckily i had back them up. re-imported settings and now everything is working again. Was in inconvenient and freaked me out for a second. But all is back to normal again. So make sure you back up settings.. just in case.
I just want to report that the same thing happened to me when I uninstalled Bi4 and selected not to delete "registry keys and registration". My registration was gone and my cameras. In my case, "Sync with Profile 1" was also not selected. I recovered the same way you did by re-importing the settings. To this day, BI5 v5.0.0.57 has been running perfectly.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally got time away from my project to update one of my PC's to Bi5, version v5.0.0.57
Win 10 install about 6 months old, and update went smooth.

I did review some video, and had a lockup, but was able to run it again with no problems.
If things go well for a week or so, I will start customer locations next.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I decided to upgrade to v5. I followed the steps and it seems to have lost my license. When I launch it, it asks me to click demo or order a license. My v4 license status was good through September and v5 eligible. What should I do? Thanks

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I decided to upgrade to v5. I followed the steps and it seems to have lost my license. When I launch it, it asks me to click demo or order a license. My v4 license status was good through September and v5 eligible. What should I do? Thanks
Add your key or restore a backup?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Add your key or restore a backup?
Thanks for the reply... I tried restoring the settings I exported before I did the upgrade which didn't help. I also entered the key I had but it didn't work either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... I tried restoring the settings I exported before I did the upgrade which didn't help. I also entered the key I had but it didn't work either.
You need to enter your original BI4 key not the support key.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You need to enter your original BI4 key not the support key.
I'm searching for it... is it the 5 groups of 5 letters separated by a hyphen? If not, I'm not sure where I can find it. I've searched email for anything sent from BI, no luck so far. Thanks for replying.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can't even run BI5 in Demo mode. It says I have 0 days left.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I need the cameras to work so I'm probably just going to buy a new license. The cost is nothing really and I need to get these cameras up and running again.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well this is pretty frustrating, just bought a new license and received the new activation code. When I paste it in the window, it doesn't say "Next" so I'm dead in the water right now.