Blue Iris Extended Support Auto Renewal

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning.
Not sure if the correct place to post.
I purchased Blue Iris Extended Support last year and thought it was a one off payment for the year. It turns out that it’s auto renewal.
i got an email from “my commerce” site to say they were going to take a payment. I had tried emailing them to say I don’t want to take another year but I got no response.
this morning it auto renewed and took an amount from PayPal.

so does anyone know the correct way or how I go about cancelling it.

thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning.
Not sure if the correct place to post.
I purchased Blue Iris Extended Support last year and thought it was a one off payment for the year. It turns out that it’s auto renewal.
i got an email from “my commerce” site to say they were going to take a payment. I had tried emailing them to say I don’t want to take another year but I got no response.
this morning it auto renewed and took an amount from PayPal.

so does anyone know the correct way or how I go about cancelling it.

thank you.
There were and are two options when purchasing. 29.99 and 35. The 29 is an auto renewal. The 35 is a one time payment. You need to go to mycommerce to cancel. There is a thread someplace where i posted the instructions and link.

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
So, quick question..

IF we want to continue to get the sw updates, we need to renew once/year right?? Or will it continue to auto update?

Not that I necessarly need to have them, but it IS nice to stay current and up to date. Mine is set to expire tomorrow, so do I have to do it before it lapse's ?
Or can it be easily done at a later date if desired? (thought, maybe it might cost more later?)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, quick question..

IF we want to continue to get the sw updates, we need to renew once/year right?? Or will it continue to auto update?

Not that I necessarly need to have them, but it IS nice to stay current and up to date. Mine is set to expire tomorrow, so do I have to do it before it lapse's ?
Or can it be easily done at a later date if desired? (thought, maybe it might cost more later?)
for now you can still install updates without extended support.

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
for now you can still install updates without extended support.
Thank you,
but in order to get the update, you need to purchase the option for continuous access?
I wasn't worried so much about the support piece, but rather the updates only.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you,
but in order to get the update, you need to purchase the option for continuous access?
I wasn't worried so much about the support piece, but rather the updates only.
no see my reply

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
The Blue Iris "Team" is one guy by himself.
He deserves the paltry $30.00 per year.
Yes, true that.. I did, because for reference..
I still got the emails regarding the updates, but could no longer get the updates without being in support. (which is what my original question was to begin with)

A great product and well worth the support to maintain the updates. Thank you!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, true that.. I did, because for reference..
I still got the emails regarding the updates, but could no longer get the updates without being in support. (which is what my original question was to begin with)

A great product and well worth the support to maintain the updates. Thank you!!
You could always manually install the updates from the blue iris website even if it wont auto update.

miles267

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot even login to the MyCommerce site to update any of my information. It asks if I want to reset credentials or to get emails for my most previous orders. I then get several emails, none permit me to login. It's a mess.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot even login to the MyCommerce site to update any of my information. It asks if I want to reset credentials or to get emails for my most previous orders. I then get several emails, none permit me to login. It's a mess.
I just had the same problem. I was able to login when I used the order number instead of the email, and the password I just reset. It is designed not to let you in, borderline illegal probably. I my case, I cancelled PayPal autopayments for this, so this MyCommerce cancellation was not necessary. But if one used a credit card, this is a problem to cancel.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just had the same problem. I was able to login when I used the order number instead of the email, and the password I just reset. It is designed not to let you in, borderline illegal probably. I my case, I cancelled PayPal autopayments for this, so this MyCommerce cancellation was not necessary. But if one used a credit card, this is a problem to cancel.
Takes two seconds with the link provided. If you don’t intend to renew use the one time option.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Takes two seconds with the link provided. If you don’t intend to renew use the one time option.
As @miles267 and I wrote it didn't take two seconds. The password I reset to didn't work. As nothing else was left to try I tried to log in with the order number and not my email address and it worked (with the reset password). Sorry, your experience was different from ours. This info is for others whom it took longer than two seconds.
I don't remember an option to make a one time payment. I didn't look for it either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As @miles267 and I wrote it didn't take two seconds. The password I reset to didn't work. As nothing else was left to try I tried to log in with the order number and not my email address and it worked (with the reset password). Sorry, your experience was different from ours. This info is for others whom it took longer than two seconds.
I don't remember an option to make a one time payment. I didn't look for it either.
That’s because you went to the incorrect place. If your went to the link I sent it would take 2 seconds.
On the blue iris website there were always 3 options. Priority support, a one time fee, or annual renewal. If you chose the annual renewal to save 5 bux and only woke up now that’s your fault.