Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work on BIT, keep up the good work!
Will the next update fix the watchdog webserver monitor for BI4?
I keep getting error 0 and error13 type mismatch, for now I just disabled it.
Any ideas when we can see another update?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work on BIT, keep up the good work!
Will the next update fix the watchdog webserver monitor for BI4?
I keep getting error 0 and error13 type mismatch, for now I just disabled it.
Any ideas when we can see another update?
Thanks for the compliment, glad you enjoy it. The next update will fix all BI4 related issues, and I am actually working on it right now. I'm really hoping to have it complete in July. I also made a few UI adjustments and added a few more features such as CPU monitor macro and a few other things.

Thanks everyone for their patience.

milwen

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,

It's been a while since I've commented so I just wanted to say thanks again for Blue Iris Tools. I've recently upgraded to BI4 so I'm looking forward to your next release. Thanks again.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On iPads ui2.htm is not responsive to touch with bi4 is this a known issue? And idea how to fix? Thanks

anderml

n3wb
Reaction score
Been using BIT for a while now and think it is just great.
One problem I notice every so often is it will lose my weather station ID. I'll notice the overlay is not updating and when I go into BIT the Station ID box will be empty and there is no pick in the drop down. I'll put the ID back in and it will work for weeks at a time. I'm running BIT as a service on Windows 8.1 64 bit and the PC is rebooted every day but the problem seems to be random.

One other idea for the next version - add "Feels Like" to the data to retrieve since heat index / wind chill don't always calculate on WU.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracke36

n3wb
Reaction score
Im only a few days into this IP Camera thing and I stumbled upon BIT, wow. Thanks Mike for all the effort you put into it !

Scott

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Its been a long time without any released update, any idea when an update for BI 4 will be released? Thanks!
I'm sorry about the delay, it's killing me too, trust me...just been swamped lately with work. Things have died down a bit so I can start pushing out updates to BIT very soon (promise). I already have reworked the UI a little bit, fixed some known bugs and added a few new features. Just finishing up the BI4 integration. Thanks for your patience everyone.

In the meantime you can still use BIT, you just need to manually set your macros in Blue Iris.

**Update** Made huge progress yesterday and today, will be releasing a beta version soon exclusively to the BIT Beta Team that is compatible with BI4. If you would like to help beta test, please send me a PM. I expect a stable version to be released soon thereafter.

tribe4121

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this was a question, I searched but didn't find it. Under the settings is there a way to update or add the feels like temperature. Here in Texas it's usually a lot hotter than the temp shows. Would be nice. Tried Heat Index but always shows N/A. Not sure it

Reaction score
Its 23.55 over here in the Netherlands.
In about 5 minutes the 'on or before 27 September' must be rewritten to 'ON 27 September'.
Cannot wait to see all improvements. :)

Atoombunker

[Update.. 27/8/2015 11.30.. only 12,5 hours left :rolleyes:]

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
** UPDATE RELEASED **

It's finally here, Blue Iris Tools v1.1! Version 1.1 brings major improvements such as full comparability with Blue Iris versions 3 and 4 both 32 and 64 bit.

You may download the update via Blue Iris Tools in the 'Options' tab, or via the zip file in the first post of this thread.

Changelog

• BIT now cooperates with BI4 (x64 bit too)
  • CPU Usage added to overlay / macros
  • CPU Usage added to language definitions
  • Date Updated added to overlay / macros
  • Settings window created...Text directories + BI version picker
  • Universal Analytic code replaces traditional syntax Google Analytics code
  • Opens to last tab on load
  • Easily backup BIT settings & stations
  • Interface improvements
  • Various bug fixes and more!

Attachments

Reaction score
You did it again! Very nice work.
Thanks for fixing all this nice stuff.
And.. perfectly in sync with what you promised.
Double applause!

Happiness has reached a peak level again :rolleyes: here at the nuclear bunker.

One tiny, tiny, tiny detail:
We use BI on several servers. The main server is a huge Dell machine dealing with about 40 cams and information streams.
That server is only accessible through a remote session or teamviewer session. Screen size is limited to 1024x768.
All of your GUI fits into this screen size, except for the part where we are able to enter our own language definitions.
As soon as we enter that part of the program, we cannot see the menu's anymore. I would suggest in breaking up this section into 2 tabs.. We cannot be the only one running a server without special videocards etc (and therefore stuck to the 1024x768)

But again: great job!

Atoombunker

PS: We will now shut all blast doors and enjoy the new software! :)

Attachments