Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does this work on windows 10? When I run it I get:

Run-time error '339'
Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies is not properly registered. a file is missing or invalid.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
does this work on windows 10? When I run it I get:

Run-time error '339'
Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies is not properly registered. a file is missing or invalid.
Yes it does. Download the error zip in the first post and extract to your BIT directory. That should fix the issue.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
A new beta version has been released to the beta team. The latest update includes bug fixes plus a major new feature, IP Management / DDNS Updater. This will allow BIT to update your DDNS providers. So if you use no-ip, dns made easy, dyndns, etc., BIT can update them all for you when your IP changes. There's also a new Watchdog feature if your IP address changes, you can be notified with the new IP.

Hoping to iron out any bugs with the new features and release soon.

As always, if you want to help beta test BIT, please PM me.

Thanks.

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshot 2015-11-01 12.48.56.pngHi all
Can someone tell me how to have the overlay with the Weather under each other. I have managed to have Temp, Humidity and Wind horizontally, but I have not been able to put them vertically as shown your pictures above.
Cheers in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all
Can someone tell me how to have the overlay with the Weather under each other. I have managed to have Temp, Humidity and Wind horizontally, but I have not been able to put them vertically as shown your pictures above.
Cheers in advance
Add a new overlay with the variable. (ex. instead of using all variables in one line, like %1 %2 %3, create an overlay for each and align them manually)

dshehane

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Brand new user - came to BIT for the Watchdog but really interested in the weather overlay. Is there a thread somewhere with a step by step to get the overlay to work? I set everything up but do not understand the macro thing. I have my own Weatherunderground station and BIT is gathering my data just fine, but I cannot figure out how to get the overlay to work...nothing shows up!

Thanks in advance if you can point me to the right thread.

Dave
Auburn, CA

stormstorr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
bit of a strange one here. Been using BIT for a couple of years without any issues. Currently running on a Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit operating system. BIT working fine, but when I try and open the 'Blue Iris/ Directory settings' page, the settings page wont open? It is shown as a 'tab' behind the BIT Tools icon on the taskbar - but when you hover over it -it is blank and wont show on the screen? I know its something simple - any ideas?

Thank you

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to use BI Tools to alert me when BI crashes/restarts. I tried installing it on my BI system running Windows XP but it keeps telling me that files are out of date and offering to update them. I say yes and then restart and the next attempt to install it does the same thing. Does BI tools not run under Windows XP?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @ClipperMiami....Please download and extract the files from the error-files only for issues.zip file in the first post of this thread. Download and extract those files to your BIT directory, that should fix your issues. BIT has been tested in Windows XP and works, so you should be able to get it going. If you can't, send me a PM and I'll personally install it on your machine for you :)

Last edited:

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI, I did this and it installed fine. Thanks

I am having a problem, I am unable to send to Pushover using my current account settings, it just says Error

Thanks

[Updated]
Sorted the Pushover problem, User Error, I had transposed the API and User Keys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed that if the CPU monitor trips it sends the overage report every few minutes even if the usage has dropped back down to normal

Is this the intended behavior or am I missing a setting somewhere? It seems to me that once it has sent the notification if the usage drops back that it ought to reset and wait for the next excursion rather than repeat the last one.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there known issues with Windows 10 Pro?

---------------------------
Blue Iris Tools
Run-time error '339':

Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there known issues with Windows 10 Pro?

Blue Iris Tools
Run-time error '339':

Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK
Disregard this was because i was attempting to run the BIT-Updater and not the other installer.

Rodkon

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help with error on install, I got error 339, MSWINSCK.OCX not registered/missing/invalid. Any thoughts Thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Need help with error on install, I got error 339, MSWINSCK.OCX not registered/missing/invalid. Any thoughts Thanks
Please download and extract the files from the error-files only for issues.zip file in the first post of this thread. Download and extract those files to your BIT directory, that should fix your issues.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please download and extract the files from the error-files only for issues.zip file in the first post of this thread. Download and extract those files to your BIT directory, that should fix your issues.
Mike, do you have an account where us noble "users" can contribute a beer or two? Or if you don't "Partake" maybe a hardware fund for the hobby?

Thanks,
Bill