Blue Iris UI3

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been having BI tools sending me emails and rebooting BI cause cpu going to 100% and have been trying all the memory leak drivers.

I found out if i leave the ui3 open on a computer is what's causing the cpu to climb to 100% so that it gets rebooted. Within few minutes of opening ui3 the cpu usage starts jumping around from 20 to 100%.

As soon as i close it cpu is fine. Didn't realize leaving it open was causing BI to reboot multiple times an hr.

Any ideas why?

Just downloaded the files again and installed within a minute cpu went to 100 after opening.

Thank

DOFDEN

n3wb
Reaction score
Having a constant error "Reference Error: uiVersionStr is undefined. Page hangs there. Only way I can get Bi back is to uninstall ui3 and Bi. Have downloaded current version of both. Url shows www.mydomain:82/login.htm?page=2Fdefault.htm.

after following install of ui3 can't login to either Bi or ui3.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@jaycanter

Are you by chance using the "Limit decoding unless required" feature in Blue Iris on all or some of your cameras? It has a drastic effect on lowering CPU usage, but the setting can only do its magic for cameras that are not being viewed though the web server (in a mobile app or web client). So if you are using that setting, then the answer to your problem is easy, you've overloaded your Blue Iris PC and need either a hardware upgrade or a pass at optimizing the Blue Iris and camera settings.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@DOFDEN
Ack. I see the problem. I'll try and get a fix out a.s.a.p.

I believe you are actually experiencing some other unknown error, but you are seeing "Reference Error: uiVersionStr is undefined." because I screwed up the error handling code.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@jaycanter

Are you by chance using the "Limit decoding unless required" feature in Blue Iris on all or some of your cameras? It has a drastic effect on lowering CPU usage, but the setting can only do its magic for cameras that are not being viewed though the web server (in a mobile app or web client). So if you are using that setting, then the answer to your problem is easy, you've overloaded your Blue Iris PC and need either a hardware upgrade or a pass at optimizing the Blue Iris and camera settings.

Yes i have to use "Limit decoding unless required" I have 20+ cameras and all are Dahua so all the dome cams i can't set the fps. I set them to 15 in the camera but there stuck at 30 with BI.

If i turn off "Limit decoding unless required" on the cams i have on cpu goes to 100

Cause of the fps bug in the cams i have to have at least 6 to 8 cams with "Limit decoding unless required" turned on to function.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i have to use "Limit decoding unless required" I have 20+ cameras and all are Dahua so all the dome cams i can't set the fps. I set them to 15 in the camera but there stuck at 30 with BI.
That FPS setting in Blue Iris does nothing because modern cameras streaming H.264/H.265 control their own frame rates. For such cameras, Blue Iris auto-adjusts its FPS setting to match what the camera is providing (I don't know why Blue Iris doesn't just disable or hide the setting).

You can see what FPS is actually being received from each camera in Blue Iris's status window. Chances are, the cameras are sending 15 FPS just like you set them.

If i turn off "Limit decoding unless required" on the cams i have on cpu goes to 100
Yup, that is basically what is happening then. Any time the cameras are visible in a mobile app or web client (like UI3) the limit decoding thing is temporarily turned off.

I recommend you cut back the FPS of your cameras to 10 and see how much that helps. It is most important on the higher-resolution cams of course. Also look over the wiki page I linked and make sure you're using direct to disk, hardware acceleration, etc properly.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's my problem No matter what you set the Cams for they do 30 fps. Except for the ptz and varifocals.

Here's pic of BI staus page.
No matter what they are set for in the cameras they show 30 8n BiIMG_20180411_111950.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That's my problem No matter what you set the Cams for they do 30 fps. Except for the ptz and varifocals.

Here's pic of BI staus page.
No matter what they are set for in the cameras they show 30 8n Bi
Hmm. I haven't heard of this happening before. Are you 100% sure you are changing the FPS of the camera's main stream, and that you are loading the same main streams in Blue Iris? Like maybe you're loading a 1920x1080 sub stream instead by accident and that sub stream is still set to 30 FPS in the camera.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I seen it some where here some one posted. If I only had few cams wouldn't hurt it's because 20+

Here's pics of cam setting on all streams and bi for same cam at 30
It's address 150

1st substream is for smart pss app 2nd substream not even enabledIMG_20180411_113901.jpg IMG_20180411_113727.jpg IMG_20180411_113720.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, that looks like a camera firmware bug. A really unfortunate one. I'd think about looking for a firmware update. Did you get those from @EMPIRETECANDY ?

Can you post the configuration of that cam in Blue Iris?

(This page)

That is one of my 2MP starlights, representing a known-good configuration.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes from Andy, but read that you can't go back on firmware easily
IMG_20180411_115228.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That configuration looks fine too.

Generally it doesn't matter if the firmware you upload is newer or older than the camera already has.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There was something about newer being signed so you can't go back

philipzeo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the camera model, but isn't camera 2 the sub stream?
What happens if you set it to camera 1 in blue iris - video config?