Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 I don't know if anyone else has asked for the following feature, but in Blue Iris, each alert I see also includes "Motion" or "External" or "Group" tagging. See screenshot below. This detail is useful for me. Any chance there is room in UI3 for this info in the Alerts tab screen?

View attachment 23284
I'm not sure anyone has asked for this.

It may be possible though. Each alert has a bunch of unnamed flags that I don't know the meaning of and I bet one if them indicates how an alert was triggered. I would probably do it as a small icon in the background of the alert tile, much like how the flag appears in the background for a flagged item. What do you think of that?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Beta 4 has been uploaded. The link is in the first post.

Beta 4 fixes or works around some of the issues on iOS. I can't fix fullscreen mode there, so I hid the button. Context menus don't work on iOS in either Safari or Chrome. H.264 doesn't work. Therefore audio doesn't work either. Really, if you want to access Blue Iris from iOS you are much better off using the official iOS app.
@bp2008 You mentioned that you hid the fullscreen button in lower right-corner because it doesn't work on ipad. However, fullscreen mode does work on Surface tablet and probably any Windows tablet. Is it ok if you still make that fullscreen button available because it is useful for non-ipad devices.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone has asked for this.

It may be possible though. Each alert has a bunch of unnamed flags that I don't know the meaning of and I bet one if them indicates how an alert was triggered. I would probably do it as a small icon in the background of the alert tile, much like how the flag appears in the background for a flagged item. What do you think of that?

I think as long as it's intuitive/obvious to most people, your design choice is good.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 You mentioned that you hid the fullscreen button in lower right-corner because it doesn't work on ipad. However, fullscreen mode does work on Surface tablet and probably any Windows tablet. Is it ok if you still make that fullscreen button available because it is useful for non-ipad devices.
Of course, the button is only hidden if fullscreen mode isn't supported on the device :)

I think as long as it's intuitive/obvious to most people, your design choice is good.
I'm going to release beta 5 tonight with additional icons in the clip/alert lists, and options to enable or disable each type of icon.

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm with Nashional on this one, the animated clips are a deal breaker for me. UI3 looks really good, I know I would love it, but previewing clips has just spoiled me! Hope you can work it in somehow.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Version b5 is now available in the first post.

This fixes a seeking bug, fixes missing "exit fullscreen" button in fullscreen mode, and adds these clip / alert icons:

Wouldn't it confuse people to see same icon for 2 different types of audio situations above?

Separately, you can get alert triggered because camera is part of a group. Do you plan to add support for group-triggered?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it confuse people to see same icon for 2 different types of audio situations above?
I'm quite sure it will confuse someone. But what is a guy to do?

Separately, you can get alert triggered because camera is part of a group. Do you plan to add support for group-triggered?
I think that falls under "external" trigger, but I'm not sure. If there was a separate flag for group triggered then I could add a unique icon for it if I knew which flag it was.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm quite sure it will confuse someone. But what is a guy to do?

I think that falls under "external" trigger, but I'm not sure. If there was a separate flag for group triggered then I could add a unique icon for it if I knew which flag it was.
If you look at the BlueIris screenshot below, my FrontPorch can have group, motion, external. They are all different trigger types.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 8.18.48 PM.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. So "Group" appears when one camera triggers an entire group? Perhaps it does have a unique flag in the JSON API then.

Any ideas for what a good icon would be?

The icons currently available in the UI are visible if you load /ui3beta/ui3/svgtest.htm

I can also use anything from here: Material icons - Material Design

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Works perfectly with Opera on OS X Yosemite. BTW I haven't looked at Opera in a while, the current version is actually very nice.

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far so good! However, in the previous version, I could press ~ to see only the cameras in a window. Now, it seems in order to only see the cameras you need to be in full screen. Is there no way to view just the cameras in a window?

Ex:

Last edited:

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UI3 has no way to view only the cameras in a window.
Hmmm OK. Is this something that can be added? I put my cameras in a strip down the side of my desktop. UI2 works so well because I can remove the interface and see only the cameras, whereas UI3 doesn't work so well as you can see.

EX:

Last edited:

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 I don't know if anyone else has asked for the following feature, but in Blue Iris, each alert I see also includes "Motion" or "External" or "Group" tagging. See screenshot below. This detail is useful for me. Any chance there is room in UI3 for this info in the Alerts tab screen?
Ditto. In fact I wish it had the number of the profile it was in when it triggered.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alas, sizing the thumbnails is a tricky compromise. As you make them bigger, it also means you can't fit as many items in the list at once and that makes it harder to work with. I'm just saying things are the way they are for many reasons :)
I don't use BlueIris but I had a thought on the thumbnails. Years ago I used to use a grease monkey script that would display a larger floating image when you hovered over a video in search results on youtube and at one point it was updated to provide animated previews that stepped through a series of thumbnails. You could throw something like ?t= at the image preview url on yt and the grease monkey script just grabbed a few frames at some interval or fraction of the clip duration and looped them. Something like this could be an option regarding larger thumbnails.

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Huge UI2 fan, just saw this thread and installed UI3. Woa :wow: first impression is that it's smokin fast compared to UI2 for me, and looks slick.

I have some input, but I'm gonna go read the thread first...