debra

n3wb
Reaction score
*nevermind I figured it out

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add a shortcut somewhere to go back to the "all cameras" screen or maybe a hot key. When I'm viewing clips to a camera and want to go to another it's several clicks to do that. Hopefully a worthy suggestion.

oh big duh. I just realized (by accident!) that if you click on the web page of an already open camera it takes you back to full list.

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. since that suggestion failed, I have another :)
Would it be possible to allow the use of the up/down arrow key when scrolling through clips instead of the mouse wheel? That would make it more convenient to scroll through the list using 1 button and then hitting enter to play that clip.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. since that suggestion failed, I have another :)
Would it be possible to allow the use of the up/down arrow key when scrolling through clips instead of the mouse wheel? That would make it more convenient to scroll through the list using 1 button and then hitting enter to play that clip.
Mine already works this way. I use it every morning. With the playback rate set to X4 it only takes a second or two to see what caused the trigger.

During the day I use the expanded thumbnails.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. This is so weird. I tried this earlier and it wasn't working but now it is. Very strange.

Oh wait. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing.
When you mouse over each clip a small window pops up (preview)... I want to be able to use my mouse to see the pop up (preview) windows, from one clip to the next.

If I click on one clip and use the mouse key to move up/down, it runs the entire clip in the main window, which is ok for a different search, but I'm interested in parsing through the pop up window/previews faster.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If I click on one clip and use the mouse key to move up/down, it runs the entire clip in the main window, which is ok for a different search, but I'm interested in parsing through the pop up window/previews faster.
Then move the mouse faster? The preview tooltip/popup should appear instantly and begin animating as quickly as Blue Iris can provide the frames.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK. This is so weird. I tried this earlier and it wasn't working but now it is. Very strange.

Oh wait. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing.
When you mouse over each clip a small window pops up (preview)... I want to be able to use my mouse to see the pop up (preview) windows, from one clip to the next.

Sorry, I used the wrong word... instead of mouse, I meant my up/down arrow keys to move through the clips faster than using my mouse wheel and then having to move to the next "page" of clips. Using the mouse wheel or hovering over each clip, gets you through about 10 or so clips before you have to move to the next page of clips. In BI, you can use your up/down arrow key to go through the clips pretty quickly and they're big enough to see what triggered the clip. Anyway, just a suggestion.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to change that.

Maybe you aren't aware of the "enlarge thumbnails" ability (right click any clip in the list, it is one of the menu items). That might make it so you don't feel the need to mouse over most of the clips.

Pips

n3wb
Reaction score
This is AWESOME! I use it on smart TVs round the house so we can see whats going on, very well written software and stable.

Question or enhancement request as I couldn't find the answer in this thread.
Is it possible to control a web session from else where? Like a different http / api call? The requirement I have is to change the display on the TV browser from elsewhere. The TV browser displays the page well but is awful to control with a TV remote and often gets in a mess (TV fault not your code). Ideally I would like to have each TV connected with a session ID tagged in the URL then be able to control what that TV displays by home automation software (I use smartthings with BI integration). For example at certain times the TV would refresh to specific cameras, or in the event of motion in the front garden it would switch to the front cameras only.

Oh and the fullscreen URL parameter is great, love that little tweak.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to change that.

Maybe you aren't aware of the "enlarge thumbnails" ability (right click any clip in the list, it is one of the menu items). That might make it so you don't feel the need to mouse over most of the clips.
I do have them enlarged. OK, thanks, thought I'd ask.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is AWESOME! I use it on smart TVs round the house so we can see whats going on, very well written software and stable.

Question or enhancement request as I couldn't find the answer in this thread.
Is it possible to control a web session from else where? Like a different http / api call? The requirement I have is to change the display on the TV browser from elsewhere. The TV browser displays the page well but is awful to control with a TV remote and often gets in a mess (TV fault not your code). Ideally I would like to have each TV connected with a session ID tagged in the URL then be able to control what that TV displays by home automation software (I use smartthings with BI integration). For example at certain times the TV would refresh to specific cameras, or in the event of motion in the front garden it would switch to the front cameras only.

Oh and the fullscreen URL parameter is great, love that little tweak.
Not possible without server-side support :)

paulb2018

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - first post (have been reading the forum for a while) and I'm really liking the UI3 client with BI and wanted to say thank you for the great app.

Just a quick question (sorry!) - if I run this locally on my LAN I have no issues. But when running from external via a dynamic IP, I can get to the login screen but when entering credentials UI3 says 'LAN access only'. I really can't see what I am doing wrong as I can get to the login screen remotely without an issue. I'm using port forwarding and will move to a more secure solution once this is working. Thanks for any insight into the query. (I tried a search but to no avail).

doxymoron

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get h264 streaming working on a Raspberry Pi via Chromium? I am only able to get JPEG viewing working.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It should work on a pi as long as the browser is fully up-to-date ... however the pi might not be fast enough to decode the stream at the rate it comes in.