Blue Iris UI3

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate to be a PITA or a bearer of bad news, but I keep getting "failed to load clip list" on a fairly regular basis. UI3, V43, Opera. Haven't check in FireFox yet. My network connection is at better than 400mbps.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checked FF and got this when I tried opening UI3

new_FF_error.JPG

I reloaded the page and all was well for a while, then I got the "failed to load clips" message.

At best, one or two clips load. Sometimes I get "no image" clips but if I mouse over them the preview plays. Maybe I'll try reloading V43, something might have gotten corrupted during the unzip.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your browser cache or network connection. The "$" is jQuery which is part of (most of, actually) www/applet/loginScripts.js.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that my USB network dongle is getting flakey. I reverted back to V39, which never had a problem, and still had the same problems with the clip list. What is weird is that the craptop/dongle didn't show as a connected client while viewing the connected client list on my router. It did show as connected in an IP scanner.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
After some more testing, plugged into a hardwired, 1 gig, connection I've concluded that it is this craptop/OS that has the problem. Even at 1 gig I get failed to load clip messages. It happens with every browser I've tried and whether I use HTML5 or javascript. Fooled with the delay setting for HTML5 and that didn't help either. What ever it is, it is specific to this particular machine.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I came in this morning to the yellow "your network connection is not fast enough" message again. (I've had this occasionally since I started using UI3/Opera but seems less often now I think) Clicking into a camera and back out makes it go away. I tested my LAN speed to the server while that error was happening and it was about 800Mbps. I see the outgoing traffic for about 4 consecutive UI3 sessions via Windows 10/Opera streams from the server is only about 3Mbps, with default UI3 settings, which is quite small compared to the Jpeg UI2! Anyways, the only other think I right off notice is in the Server Status section the FPS is always riding in the yellow when on a group of cameras. If I view just one at a time that cleans up. None of this frustrating to me Just giving some Info.
Everything Windows 10 Pro 1803
BI 4.7.6.8
UI3 V43
Currently Opera for all streams Via secondary displays since chrome is used for the main browser.. easier to manage through restarts and such.
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jaceon
Well there are other possibilities besides a slow network that could cause the "your network connection is not fast enough" message.
  1. The system clock might be fast/slow on one of the systems, causing UI3 to believe it isn't receiving video fast enough (seriously, someone once noticed their computer clock ran about 2x normal speed and that was the cause!).
  2. Blue Iris's video encoder may not be keeping up with real time. I have never seen this happen though, so I believe Blue Iris is pretty good at dropping frames to catch up when it begins to fall behind.
  3. Playback sometimes stalls for unknown reasons when using the HTML5 player, and this condition isn't being detected properly. UI3 ends up in a state where it believes it should still be receiving frames, but isn't. So what you see is a completely frozen video stream (0 FPS) and "your network connection is not fast enough" messages pop up for 1 minute, at which point the UI decides too much delay has accumulated and automatically restarts the stream.
Regarding group-stream FPS readings in yellow, Blue Iris does not tell UI3 what the max FPS is for a group stream so UI3 assumes it is 10 FPS. Blue Iris's actual default FPS is 5 for group streams. This is usually why the FPS bar is half-full. It has been on my to-do list for Ken for several months but he hasn't gotten around to it.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey... You made a lightbulb go off in my brain with your 1st scenario. With the system my server is on, I have had to occasionally turn the auto time sync off and back on again to get it perfectly in sync again. It seems to wander a minute every couple months or so. Haven't figured out why yet :idk:.... Anyways, I checked it, and it was about 30sec. or so off. I re-synced it, and it almost instantly through the yellow "this stream is becoming delayed" error... Maybe this is the cause for both my yellow flags....
:goodpost:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Doubtful, if the clock is off by such a small amount. It takes several seconds of drift since the start of a stream before UI3 will even notice. That is to say, the clocks must drift apart by several seconds during the stream. It is really quite a rare situation. NetTime - Network Time Synchronization Tool this app will keep your time synced better than Windows ever could.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, well I'll give NetTime a try.. I have that running at the system I deployed at a school. Getting that setup here to keep time via my cameras, instead of the server clock, has been on my "forgotten" to do list anyhoo. BTW that yellow network slow flag was the first I seen in 24hrs and these streams run 24/7. That's already way better than it originally was for me back on........ V37 or whichever version I started using UI3 on... Thanks

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I did something I swore I'd never do, I tried Crumb browser and still get the same error. Definitely machine/OS related since my crappy old tablet has no problems. Uninstalling Crumb now.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally got things back to normal. I was working on the BI machine this morning, blowing dust out of video cards and installing a high volume cooling system, so it got rebooted a few times as I worked. Since then no more error messages. Something must have gotten funky in BI on the server. I hate when stuff like that happens along with other changes, like that Windoze 10 update on this craptop. Makes it really hard to identify what the heck the root cause is.

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks bp for getting the reverse play and auto play working together with the jpeg streams. I just upgraded and it is now working. Got another problem though that just showed up using UI43. Hovering the mouse over the clips, and then moving the mouse back over the main video frame, the animated window does not go away. Even if I go to live view, the animated clip is still there. It is not every single time, but for sure more than 50%.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hovering the mouse over the clips, and then moving the mouse back over the main video frame, the animated window does not go away. Even if I go to live view, the animated clip is still there. It is not every single time, but for sure more than 50%.
Ah, Internet Explorer. My favorite. Will see what I can do. Thanks for letting me know.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
bp2008/ui3
To install releases from github, download the release zip and extract it to Blue Iris 4/www, overwriting all files.

Version 44
  • Fixed a bug affecting Internet Explorer where clip preview tooltips often didn't stay closed when mousing away.

Reaction score
Just starting to use ui3 and am getting an error when attempting to view Alerts and/or Clips.
I get "The Viedo stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect..." a few times then it ultimately ends with "The video stream was lost. Due to rapid failures, automatic reconnection will not occur.".
This is using Chrome 67 (cleared cache) with the 720p Streaming Profile selected, the Live View works fine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score