Blue Iris UI3

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What took you so long! That was all of ten minutes!
bp, that is hilarious, you got it! I LOVE IT!!!

EDIT: seriously, trying this out for for couple of minutes, it is really cool. with the combination of 'auto play' and start on the last clip, it really works. Thanks

Last edited:

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since upgrading to BI5, when I'm in UI3 and I try to delete a high number of (false) alerts, it regularly says 'Failed to delete alert, record not found'. I can delete multiple/many clips in BI program itself with no problems. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm still fighting false alerts on sunny days with fast moving clouds, even with zone crossing. Until I get around to solving it, I like deleting the alerts.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Walrus "record not found" would be an error message coming from Blue Iris in response to the delete command. I do not regularly delete things so I have not seen this happen. Do you know if some/most of the alerts actually do get deleted when this error occurs? If you retry the delete via UI3, can it succeed?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008
I just selected 35 alerts, all on the same day between 1:30pm and 4:06pm. After it throws the error, all the alerts appear there and are still selected. I refreshed the alert list, and 24 disappeared and 11 of those clips remained. The ones that remained were the older ones, between 1:30pm and 1:42pm. I reselected them, and was able to delete them with no error.

As another experiment I just selected another group of 25 alerts and they deleted fine. I selected another 26, and it threw the error. I didn't refresh the list, but kept the 26 alerts still selected and deleted again. It failed again, but with another record number. I then refreshed, and one clip remained, and was able to delete it.

Last experiment, selected 29 alerts, got the error, noted the alert record. Delete again, failed on different record. Deleted again, failed on the same record as the 2nd attempt. Repeated attempts fail on the same 2nd record after the first failure.

I'm thinking it's some kind of random delay between UI3 and BI, UI3 telling BI what alerts to delete vs UI3/BI knowing what clips are still there. I don't think it ever happens when deleting a single clip.

This also happens locally directly on the BI machine when using UI3. Not just remote.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just tried again, and it seems I can delete anything up to 25 alerts. 26 and up gives the error.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for this info @Walrus. Based on what you've said, it sounds like BI is failing to delete the 26th record (and beyond). When you retry the delete without refreshing the clip list, UI3 tries to delete records that are already gone (but UI3 can't know that until you refresh the list). This is why you would get a different record number in the error message. Instead of failing on the 26th record, it is failing on the 1st record now.

I will bring this up with Ken and see if he can fix it.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008
I thought of that initially when I deleted 35 and 11 remained, but 35-11 = 24.
Then when I deleted 26 and 1 remained.. 26-1=25

Now that I think of it:
First time I didn't repeat the delete on the 35, so it deleted 24 of the 35.
Second trial I repeated the delete on the 29, which showed a different record error. The first delete removed 24, the repeat delete removed 1 more for a total of 25.

Hopefully this additional info helps too.

Last edited:

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am so glad that I discovered UI3! It works very well for me and is a great convenience. Quick question: When I started using this a while back I was able to change the "TIMEOUT" setting to "0", which of course allowed me to monitor my cameras without a timeout. That setting remained at "0" and I never had to change it again. Now, after building a new computer and running UI3, I find that my UI timeout setting will not save. If I set the time out to "0" and then close the page I must reset the timeout each time I log back in to UI3. I know it sounds like a minor concern but is there anyway around this, since I do it several times per day?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought of that initially when I deleted 35 and 11 remained, but 35-11 = 24.
Then when I deleted 26 and 1 remained.. 26-1=25
Ken told me this should be fixed for the next BI release!

I am so glad that I discovered UI3! It works very well for me and is a great convenience. Quick question: When I started using this a while back I was able to change the "TIMEOUT" setting to "0", which of course allowed me to monitor my cameras without a timeout. That setting remained at "0" and I never had to change it again. Now, after building a new computer and running UI3, I find that my UI timeout setting will not save. If I set the time out to "0" and then close the page I must reset the timeout each time I log back in to UI3. I know it sounds like a minor concern but is there anyway around this, since I do it several times per day?
Check your browser settings, extensions, etc to make sure cookies are enabled. Technically the feature used by UI3 to store settings is called "Local Storage" but usually that is controlled by the cookies setting because they are very similar in their purpose.

If your browser is overly aggressive with its privacy settings, that too could cause local storage to be wiped constantly, making you lose your setting.

If you can't fix this, there is a way you can change your default UI3 settings, but it is better if you can fix the problem preventing your settings from being saved.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ken told me this should be fixed for the next BI release!

Check your browser settings, extensions, etc to make sure cookies are enabled. Technically the feature used by UI3 to store settings is called "Local Storage" but usually that is controlled by the cookies setting because they are very similar in their purpose.

If your browser is overly aggressive with its privacy settings, that too could cause local storage to be wiped constantly, making you lose your setting.

If you can't fix this, there is a way you can change your default UI3 settings, but it is better if you can fix the problem preventing your settings from being saved.

Well that was easy enough! Thank you. I did have cookies disabled, as I typically do. I appreciate your help and all of your efforts with this. This is a great addition to the wonderful world of Blue Iris.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that was easy enough! Thank you. I did have cookies disabled, as I typically do. I appreciate your help and all of your efforts with this. This is a great addition to the wonderful world of Blue Iris.
Thanks ;)

You can probably whitelist the Blue Iris address and still block cookies everywhere else.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good point. I was wondering if that might work. I'll give it a try.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've set up a new group for some of my cameras in BI5 and for some reason it doesn't come up in the list of groups in the web browser. Any ideas?

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you add the new group to the available groups for the user you are using to log into UI3?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, as I'm admin and the limit to camera groups is not ticked.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is really strange. I tried ticking the box restrict to camera groups then ticked all the groups. I now find its coming up no matching user/password when i try to log in. And thats for any user!!

Restart and delete user and add again sorted that but still can't see the camera group.

Last edited: