Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The refresh button at the top of the dialog just refreshes the camera list, which includes the status of each camera (enabled, paused, recording, triggered, etc). This happens automatically every ~6 seconds anyway so that top refresh button is a bit pointless.

Thumbnails were supposed to reload automatically no more than once every 24 hours. However the automatic reload does appear to be broken!! Thanks for pointing this out. I will see about fixing that for the next UI3 release.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man. How the mighty have fallen. RCA is rebranding cheap Chinese tablets now?

They are pretty nice though. I plug in a USB to ethernet adapter so I can have it stream 24/7 and not bog down the wifi. Cheap chinese tablets only freeze or crash 1-3 times a month.

Reaction score
Just wanted an inexpensive solution. Time will tell if it crashes. I’ll update if it does.

Our former laptop died a few days before we bought this tablet and it’s interesting how many times we looked to the right to see what was happening just to realize there was no screen.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it is hard to do better. I prefer Windows tablets over Android. I just wish I didn't keep having reliability problems with them.

Also, if I may say so, you need another 16:9 camera to fill in some of that blank space!!

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any updates to fullscreen tiggered Cam ?

At the moment i use All Camers cycle as current group. Tiggered cam get fullscreen. But in overview i can not click on a special cam :(

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
any updates to fullscreen tiggered Cam ?
No. There are a lot of reasons this is a difficult feature for UI3:

* There would be some delay before UI3 learns of a change in any camera's triggered state.
* Loading a different video stream is not instant. So you would be missing a moment of action while the new stream loaded.
* People would want a configuration GUI for this. To sort the cameras by their priority. And to disable automatic full-screening of some cameras. And probably other things I haven't thought of yet. People would be distressed to realize that these settings (like all UI3 settings) don't follow them across different devices or browsers.

But mostly the problem is I would never use this feature myself, and I'd rather spend my time on other things.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The "Flagged Only" checkbox should be changed to a dropdown list, but I'm still waiting for Ken to give me a list of database views to fill it with. Been waiting months ;)

That is all. I have other things I'd like to do in the long term, but my hands are really tied by what Blue Iris can provide as a server.

yeahman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to enable push notifications on ui3 and have a more optimised mobile ui ? so that i can replace the android mobile app with ui3?

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First, forgive me if this has been asked before. I think perhaps I'm missing something?
Is it possible on Android, Firefox, to select a single camera.
In the Blue iris app Android, I can select a single camera live, and then go to that single camera for Clips (Alerts), just as I can on the PC desktop. I haven't been able to achieve this with UI3 Android. TIA

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Firefox on Android does something wacky with touch handling that I haven't bothered to figure out yet, so UI3 is a bit broken on it. You can long-press on any camera and then choose the "Maximize" option to work around single taps not behaving right.

Though I strongly recommend using Chrome on Android for UI3. It is far more efficient, and less buggy that way. You can save a bookmark to your home screen and then the UI will load without an address bar so you can use more of the screen for UI3.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear, Firefox is going to perform worse and drain your battery faster, and in addition to that I'm pretty sure it has the same issue as Firefox on desktop does, where it handles low latency live streams extremely inefficiently.

straes

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having two issues. I see that there has been some chatter about the second but not much. My issue repeats itself multiple times daily so if I can help provide information I'd be more than glad.

First, my top left hand camera will maximize inside the browser after being opened for a while (not sure how long, several hours). It is always this camera. I've looked for any options as far as maximizing on motion or alert, but can't seem to find any that are selected if they are present.

Second, if the browser has been opened for a given amount of time (I'm not sure exactly how long, several hours) if I try to click on anything, I get this error:

ScreenCaputure 20191230 102656.png

The video will still be playing along fine and updating at least every second with only a few seconds of delay.

I've tried using Edge, Chrome, and the new Edge Chromium beta. I know I have this issue for sure in Chrome and Edge Chromium. I only swapped to Edge to see if Microsoft had fixed the issue for Google ;)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @straes

These are "new ones" to me.

There is nothing in UI3 to automatically maximize a camera. A faulty input device (touchscreen perhaps?) is a possibility, but I have another suspicion based on your second error.

My best guess at this point is that you have configured profiles in Blue Iris that are automatically changing (likely via Blue Iris's global schedule) and the different profiles have a different cameras enabled. I think the second error could occur if you were viewing a single maximized camera when the profile changed, causing the camera group you were viewing previously to become unavailable. So when you click the image, UI3 tries to return to that previous group, but it is unexpectedly gone, and that error is caused.

Am I onto something here?