Blue Iris UI3

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed that when i select a specific camera the alerts pane no longer displays only the alerts from that camera. Did I miss something, loose nut behind the keyboard, or did something change?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for answering. Maybe it's a problem with how Opera handles things then.

I'll chalk it up to the strangeness of computers/ software and the local weather, and maybe the way I hold the mouse. It's working again this morning. Go figure.

Jose R.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just released UI3-109 which will likely be delivered in the next Blue Iris patch. You can install version 109 manually from here if you are running Blue Iris 5.2.3.0. (don't update UI3 if you are on an older BI release)

This release adds two new "VBR" (variable bit rate) streaming profiles which I am fairly excited about.
Awesome new addition! I'm excited about this one and how it will improve my usage case, which is a 9-camera stream at my office I use to keep an eye on the house while at work. To ease my allotted bandwidth of doing this 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, I was set down to 950 as the cap. Let's see what can be played with here, if anything.

Thanks for keeping at it!

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just released UI3-109 which will likely be delivered in the next Blue Iris patch. You can install version 109 manually from here if you are running Blue Iris 5.2.3.0. (don't update UI3 if you are on an older BI release)

This release adds two new "VBR" (variable bit rate) streaming profiles which I am fairly excited about.
Great improvement!

I run continually one instance UI3 on 32" monitor with the All cameras cycle and when i need to visualize my clips I use another UI3 instance on a a second monitor.
Large bandwidth reduction with 2160P VBR vs 2160P.
No more delay when I visualize my clips.

Thanks bp2008 for your great work...

gf11speed

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Just wondering, will we ever have the ability to select a PTZ Zoom area to zoom into? Similar to how Amcrest PTZ Cameras give you the ability to select an area on screen to where the camera will zoom? Like this:

1585432921216.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! Just wondering, will we ever have the ability to select a PTZ Zoom area to zoom into? Similar to how Amcrest PTZ Cameras give you the ability to select an area on screen to where the camera will zoom? Like this:

View attachment 58237
Probably not. Blue Iris does not offer this functionality and therefore UI3 can't either.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed that when i select a specific camera the alerts pane no longer displays only the alerts from that camera. Did I miss something, loose nut behind the keyboard, or did something change?
I was just thinking this morning, you might have that happen if you have a camera and a group with the same name.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me when it happened. The group names are one word names and the camera names are at least two words to provide a specific location description. What ever it is, or what ever did it, it was sporadic and it hasn't happened in the last two days. I haven't installed 5.2.3, or what ever the latest rev is, yet, but will probably do so tomorrow. Kudos of the video encoding, by the way!

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bp2008 I really like UI3. I am mostly using it on mobile devices. There are a few things that would be nice:
  1. When looking at just one camera able to zoom into the stream. The desktop unit allows this but for some reason it doesn't work on my mobile devices. It just zooms the whole GUI instead of zooming into the stream only.
  2. When looking at just one camera, being able to go to the next camera by either swiping (preferred) or with arrows to the left and right.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @rfj

Thanks for your feedback. Zooming on mobile/touch works as intended. It takes much more complex touch handling to do pinch zoom on just one element, and that isn't going to happen any time soon. You wouldn't believe the complexity that is there already for handling touches and clicks on the video player. Swiping left and right is the same problem, granted, somewhat easier to solve. I don't intend to add that either. Sorry!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 58237
I have been asking for something like this for awhile. I was hoping it could be an option to add it as an overlay on ptz cams so you can easily/quickly control your PTZ cam.

For example I have a group of 4 cams. It would be amazing if I could look at the smaller varifocal cam while I PTZ on the screen without having to maximize the PTZ camera or minimize all 4 screens to get to the on board PTZ in BI. I guess making an overlay to control is too much. When you maximize the PTZ camera you can use the mouse ptz icons but they are not there otherwise.

thomas2013

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do I get sharp video when viewing 'All cameras' live video in UI3? It looks jagged and frame rate is low like 5 fps. If I select an individual camera, it zooms in full screen, then quality looks great.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do I get sharp video when viewing 'All cameras' live video in UI3? It looks jagged and frame rate is low like 5 fps. If I select an individual camera, it zooms in full screen, then quality looks great.
I think you go into the main settings --> Webserver tab --> click Configure --> set your Quality to 100% & increase the Max bitrate setting.... this will increase your CPU usage though.

I can't remember where you can increase the FPS of the UI3 right now.. Found it -- in the main settings area --> Cameras tab and increase the "Limit live preview rate..." setting (will increase CPU usage though)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris UI3
also as noted in the webserver tab increase the max bitrate to at least 2048 or 4096