Blue Iris UI3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI ...

After upgrading to BI v5.2.9.21, the clips list in UI3 v113 no longer shows a video preview, just a snapshot . The "clock" at the top of the preview window still changes rapidly but the picture doesn't change. The full screen live view works well, including showing the motion overlays (which I have switched on at the moment).

(I've tried browser: Chrome/new Edge, clearing caches, BI viewer: normal/"add motion overlays", quality: 4k/JPEG HD.)

The video preview works again if I revert to BI v5.2.9.20
I am not at a real PC right now. Does clip playback work when using a jpeg stteaming method? The preview tooltip also uses jpegs.

The .21 patch fixed a web server bug related to jpegs and likely created this bug. Please report it to BI support. Also a temporary workaround MAY BE to turn off HTTP keep-alive in web server advanced, as that was related to the bugfix in .21

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add a URL parameter to UI3 that could play an alert specified by its database record?
e.g., UI3.htm?play=@858919126

I’m asking because I have an idea to include a link in the subject or text fields of a Blue Iris Action set push message, email, or sms to open UI3 and directly play the alert.
e.g., &WAN/UI3.htm?play=&ALERT_DB
(and because the number of text field characters are limited, it would be nice if parameters &tab=alert and &cam=&CAM were not also needed)
I will put that on my list. Since the start, I have wanted people to be able to share links to certain recordings but I always put it off because when I started UI3 there was no command to query a clip's info by providing the database ID. That was added ages ago so now my only excuse is being lazy :)

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not at a real PC right now. Does clip playback work when using a jpeg stteaming method? The preview tooltip also uses jpegs.

The .21 patch fixed a web server bug related to jpegs and likely created this bug. Please report it to BI support. Also a temporary workaround MAY BE to turn off HTTP keep-alive in web server advanced, as that was related to the bugfix in .21
Thanks @bp2008. Previewing by hovering the mouse over the clip list didn't work, whether I used 4K or JPEG HD streaming. Both streaming modes were fine when viewing the clip full screen. BI v5.2.9.22 has just come out and the problem has been fixed :)

Is it possible for UI3 to show the motion detection overlays when viewing a recorded clip? Oddly, previewing by hovering over the clip list does show the overlays. And the live view also shows the overlays. (I have BI trigger configured to add the motion detection overlays and the BI clip viewer to show them too.)

Goliath

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "bp2008, inlägg: 463614, medlem: 28"]
Jag är inte på en riktig dator just nu. Fungerar klippuppspelning när du använder en jpeg stteaming-metod? Förhandsgranskningsverktygstipet använder också jpegs.

.21-korrigeringen fixade ett webbserverbugg relaterat till jpegs och skapade sannolikt detta fel. Rapportera det till BI-supporten. Även en tillfällig lösning KAN VARA för att stänga av HTTP-fortsättningen i avancerad webbserver, eftersom det var relaterat till bugfixen i .21
[/CITAT]
Blue Iris version: 5.2.9.22 fixed it :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Any chance you plan to add memo value to UI3 alerts?
Yes. Add memo text to alert list when available · Issue #40 · bp2008/ui3

Thanks @bp2008. Previewing by hovering the mouse over the clip list didn't work, whether I used 4K or JPEG HD streaming. Both streaming modes were fine when viewing the clip full screen. BI v5.2.9.22 has just come out and the problem has been fixed :)
Blue Iris version: 5.2.9.22 fixed it :)
Good to know :)

Is it possible for UI3 to show the motion detection overlays when viewing a recorded clip? Oddly, previewing by hovering over the clip list does show the overlays. And the live view also shows the overlays. (I have BI trigger configured to add the motion detection overlays and the BI clip viewer to show them too.)
UI3 has absolutely no control over it. I am guessing from context that H.264 clip playback isn't showing the overlays. Try switching to a Jpeg stream (like "Jpeg HD") in the streaming quality menu. That uses basically the same playback mechanism as the little preview tooltip, so I'm guessing the overlays will show. If overlays are showing when using a Jpeg method but not when using an H.264 method, then you should tell Blue Iris support. Only he would be able to fix it.

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI3 has absolutely no control over it. I am guessing from context that H.264 clip playback isn't showing the overlays. Try switching to a Jpeg stream (like "Jpeg HD") in the streaming quality menu. That uses basically the same playback mechanism as the little preview tooltip, so I'm guessing the overlays will show. If overlays are showing when using a Jpeg method but not when using an H.264 method, then you should tell Blue Iris support. Only he would be able to fix it.
Thanks @bp2008. While the motion overlays appear in the preview tooltip, they do not appear in the full screen playback, no matter whether I'm using the h264 or JPEG streaming. I'll ask Blue Iris support if they can enable the option to show the motion overlays.

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since I updated I am now getting the orange clock in UI3 with the message, "Your network connection is not fast enough to handle this stream in realtime. What I am troubled by is that it had been working fine until now and nothing on my end has changed (to my knowledge). To make sure, I rolled my server back by restoring an image of an earlier version I had (BI 5.0.6.9 & UI 95). I am getting no such error with the earlier version, everything streaming fine. And in fact was working with the latest versions before the update.
Now, my latest update, ui ver 113 and BI 5.2.9.23, and I get the streaming error with the orange clock right away, consistently.
I am wondering if something changed in the streaming demands on the network lan.

Note: If I just display the All Camera group, without 'Auto cycle', No error, all cameras streaming just fine. It is when I have the auto cycle enabled that I get the error.

Here is my setup;
I have all cameras on screen until an event, then it switches to that camera group.

Specifically, here is my detailed setup; (BTW, I wrote about this setup in message #2613).

In the All Camera's group settings check on "Enable camera auto-cycle stream". Also have the following check boxes both in the All Camera's group AND all the individual camera groups.
"Participate in group cycle' ,
"Favor cameras/groups which are triggered or sensing motion""
and
"Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered".

TIA

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks bp for the quick response. I'll do that.
BTW, it's amazing how you solve so many issues on machines that are not even in front of you! Very impressive. thanls

DSteiNeuro

n3wb
Reaction score
It's probably here somewhere but I can't find it.
Does anyone have a list of UI3 Hotkeys? I know they are in the UI3 Settings but I would like a list.
Is there a Help File, GitHub points back here,

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It's probably here somewhere but I can't find it.
Does anyone have a list of UI3 Hotkeys? I know they are in the UI3 Settings but I would like a list.
Is there a Help File, GitHub points back here,

Thanks
The only place they are listed is in the UI Settings panel. What other format did you want?

Also, the help file is linked in UI3's main menu.

DSteiNeuro

n3wb
Reaction score
The only place they are listed is in the UI Settings panel. What other format did you want?

Also, the help file is linked in UI3's main menu.
I was hoping for something I can print out. I can never remember all of the Hotkeys. They are very useful.
I found the link to the help file.

Thanks, awesome addition to Blue Iris

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable all notifications in UI3?
To disable all of those messages would be like unplugging all the status lights on a car's dashboard (check engine, tire pressure warning, etc). So there is not, and never will be, a function to disable them.

However just like you could physically disconnect those lights in a car, you could write a bit of custom javascript to replace whichever toast functions you liked.

bdf0506

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from BI4 to BI5 - and was previously using UI3 with BI4. Ever since doing the BI upgrade, UI3 seems to be giving me anonymous authentication issues, and is always asking for a username/password. Previously, I was able to do anonymous authentication for LAN and require username/password for non-LAN login. But, since BI5 upgrade, it seems that anonymous auth doesn't work at all.

I am thinking that in BI5 they may have made the LAN requirements more stringent - I have the BI server sitting in the 192.168.3.0/24 network, and I am trying to login via the 192.168.2.0/24 network, so perhaps BI thinks this is a non-LAN connection?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look in the web server config and make sure the local interface that is chosen in the dropdown is the one you are trying to log in from.