Blue Iris Ver4 with Avacom H5060W IP Camera help

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi...I did the search and nothing with the Avacom camera (pretty new) and adding the IP camera stuff was dated back in 2014. So, going for help.

Windows 8
Blue Iris Ver 4 (updated)
Avacom H5060W camera.

The Avacom camera is pretty much as stand alone camera and does work stand alone.
It comes with its own Iphone APP and walked even old guys like me right though it and On and working.
One issue and contacted Avacom support is I can't get it to Delete the older unwanted videos, other than that, I am More than impressed with a $40 dollar camera, for what I know.

Like I said, the camera works excellent with its own software app but when getting it to Blue Iris, as soon as I pull the nic cable and go wireless, I loose it.

I can see the camera and viewing it in Blue Iris but unplug the Nic and it goes to Camera not found with Error: 8000274d (Refused: check IP Address and ports) 0

The Avacom camera came with its own setup software and one of the features it has it you press a little icon tool that opens up a window that will allow you to see all the devices in your network, even wireless..
You can see the camera, double click on it and set the camera up for wifi as you need to run the RJ45 cord between the router and camera to start out.

The windows 8 machine is also doing wireless to the router by the way. Century Link router.
In windows, I go to the command prompt and type arp -a and get all the dynamic IP numbers, so got those and tired them.

Now I am wondering (not knowing Windows 8 or firewall stuff) if the firewall might be blocking that wireless camera ? If so, no clue on how to check.

Hope I got enough information down as not to bore people to death but yet enough for someone that may have been in this position to tell me what I might try next.

Helmar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if I did this right as I did not see it in the 6 pages of Whats New ??
you wont...whats new only shows NEW UNREAD threads..you read your own thread...it will not show for you again..

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick update. Solved my own issue by going back over everything.
That Avacom camera for the cost and what it does is just too good of a deal. The support from them (forget the China stuff, no more) has been Way above and beyond what they should have done, But they want there camera to work for you. I got the Avacom H5060W and Major impressed in what it can do for 40 bucks.
Once I went back over things, once I ran the process of taking the Camera from wired to the router to Wifi, I forgot to check its IP address....Dumb move.
Once I looked at that and plugged it into Blue Iris it came right on line.

So, for me, its isolating the different pieces that go into the network and wifi. The computer I am using is running Wifi to the router, same with my laptop that I use for Internet. The other computers job is just to run the Blue Iris program...
I made a simple process, complicated was all. All works well now and ordered another Avacom camera plus one that will watch out front gate.
I Love gizmo's :)
Helmar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick update. Solved my own issue by going back over everything.
That Avacom camera for the cost and what it does is just too good of a deal. The support from them (forget the China stuff, no more) has been Way above and beyond what they should have done, But they want there camera to work for you. I got the Avacom H5060W and Major impressed in what it can do for 40 bucks.
Once I went back over things, once I ran the process of taking the Camera from wired to the router to Wifi, I forgot to check its IP address....Dumb move.
Once I looked at that and plugged it into Blue Iris it came right on line.

So, for me, its isolating the different pieces that go into the network and wifi. The computer I am using is running Wifi to the router, same with my laptop that I use for Internet. The other computers job is just to run the Blue Iris program...
I made a simple process, complicated was all. All works well now and ordered another Avacom camera plus one that will watch out front gate.
I Love gizmo's :)
Helmar
For the record that camera is garbage...dont get suckered into dumping money into these low end junk brands...there are much better options for a few more dollars...

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the record that camera is garbage...dont get suckered into dumping money into these low end junk brands...there are much better options for a few more dollars...
Suggestions ?
I have a Amcrest, Reolink and two Amacoms that when working, seem ok, BUT. I changed the router and the only one I was able to get back on line is the Reolink.
I was able to just go to Camera, Video, Configuration and change the IP for it and it came back up on line. The others, Amacom are not.
Any help I can get :)
Helmar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestions ?
I have a Amcrest, Reolink and two Amacoms that when working, seem ok, BUT. I changed the router and the only one I was able to get back on line is the Reolink.
I was able to just go to Camera, Video, Configuration and change the IP for it and it came back up on line. The others, Amacom are not.
Any help I can get :)
Helmar
See the dahua Starlight threads...for indoors look at the Hikvision 50 dollar cube rebrasred as annke thread

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not real good with the search stuff but will search for those.

Still having issues trying to just get my three other cameras back on line...I think I need to take a break from it. Starting to do the same thing over and over.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not real good with the search stuff but will search for those.

Still having issues trying to just get my three other cameras back on line...I think I need to take a break from it. Starting to do the same thing over and over.
its simple...first try using a network scan tool to see if you can find them on your network Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner
then if you do, reserve the ip address using your routers dhcp reservation so they never change again...

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its simple...first try using a network scan tool to see if you can find them on your network Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner
then if you do, reserve the ip address using your routers dhcp reservation so they never change again...
I think I am over my head with this. I got the Advanced IP Scanner and was able to get a list of all the known IP numbers which was Great, But, now after watching one of the Blue Iris videos, it says I need to plug in the RTSP and ONVIF port numbers.
I don't see that information in the camera's setup APP's so not sure what to do there.

This might be simple for you but I have no idea on how to use the routers dhcp reservation at all.
What I do have now is the Linksys WRT54GL because it was supposed to be simple and so far, ok to go with that.
I will do some more research and read more in the Blue Iris manual to see if I can get a better understanding.

The part that chaps my hide is I had all this working before I changed out the router ;-/

Thank you for helping me get this far.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I am over my head with this. I got the Advanced IP Scanner and was able to get a list of all the known IP numbers which was Great, But, now after watching one of the Blue Iris videos, it says I need to plug in the RTSP and ONVIF port numbers.
I don't see that information in the camera's setup APP's so not sure what to do there.

This might be simple for you but I have no idea on how to use the routers dhcp reservation at all.
What I do have now is the Linksys WRT54GL because it was supposed to be simple and so far, ok to go with that.
I will do some more research and read more in the Blue Iris manual to see if I can get a better understanding.

The part that chaps my hide is I had all this working before I changed out the router ;-/

Thank you for helping me get this far.
most of your cams are on the list in the drop down menu...select it...the correct default ports will populate...
if they not on the list, enter the ip, user name and password then hit find inspect.
read the help file on adding a camera.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
most of your cams are on the list in the drop down menu...select it...the correct default ports will populate...
if they not on the list, enter the ip, user name and password then hit find inspect.
read the help file on adding a camera.
Yes, I only ordered the cameras because they were on the Blue Iris list.
Even when I put on the camera and model, I hit the Find Inspect and I keep getting the failed with HTTP 12029.
I think what makes it hard for me is I don't know the terminology that is used and the Blue Iris software just dumps you in at the beginning with asking for a keyword to find instead of having the help follow you though the program and if you get to a area where you need help, it just opens up the help about were your stuck.
So, having to learn a little more of what I am reading here.

This I am sure is just something stupid I am doing on my part by assuming things. Like I think the first time I did the setup, I am now thinking I had the cameras inside hooked up to router with the ethernet cable.
Back to reading.
Thanks again !!! Maybe I can come back with a intelligent question :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I only ordered the cameras because they were on the Blue Iris list.
Even when I put on the camera and model, I hit the Find Inspect and I keep getting the failed with HTTP 12029.
I think what makes it hard for me is I don't know the terminology that is used and the Blue Iris software just dumps you in at the beginning with asking for a keyword to find instead of having the help follow you though the program and if you get to a area where you need help, it just opens up the help about were your stuck.
So, having to learn a little more of what I am reading here.

This I am sure is just something stupid I am doing on my part by assuming things. Like I think the first time I did the setup, I am now thinking I had the cameras inside hooked up to router with the ethernet cable.
Back to reading.
Thanks again !!! Maybe I can come back with a intelligent question :)
post your settings for each camera

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The only settings I can see is what is on the APP for each one and I am not sure what all settings you are talking about so, I need to be reading up more on this.
What makes me angry is I used to do stuff like this all the time but that was when I was in my 40's and 50's, I am 70 now and thing are just not as easy to understand. So again, I will do more reading instead of wasting people's time (yours!)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only settings I can see is what is on the APP for each one and I am not sure what all settings you are talking about so, I need to be reading up more on this.
What makes me angry is I used to do stuff like this all the time but that was when I was in my 40's and 50's, I am 70 now and thing are just not as easy to understand. So again, I will do more reading instead of wasting people's time (yours!)
the video configuration settings that you are having trouble with...

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Geeze....I went to my Amcrest camera, plugged in the IP number I got from that IP program, plugged in the make of the camera even though its a different model and did the Find/Print, it said OK and now I have two of them up, the front gate and the back yard.
The ones I am having issues with are those Avacom cheap ones, the H5060 ones.
What happens is, I plug in the IP number as found, then plug in the Make, Avacom, then the password, I see the RTSP port is 554 and the ONVIP port is 8999 (this is the stuff I need to learn and understand what they mean), press the Find/Inspect and get:
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 80..
HTTP Get/request
timeout
Opening 192.168.1.108 port 8999..
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12002
Checking for common cameras...
Shows Foscam, 4 different models with a question mark at the end of them
RTSP port open ?
No automatic configuration made
Done.

Does this mean anything to you ? At least I am gaining a little ground here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
avocom wont work with find inspect..post a screenshot of your settings for that camera

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That will take a moment as that system is not hooked up to anything but the cameras and router. No network printer or printer on it either.
I will take a picture of it and if good enough, get it off the phone and process it to post.
Something interesting about that camera, looking at the APP for that camera, Both of them show the same IP numbers ? and both are 192.168.246.1 which none of them on its setup is what the IP scan software found..
The thing is, I had them both working before but can't remember what I did ?
Off to get the picture.
Well, crap....I just got done restoring the computer, lost a bunch of stuff and now my iTunes are gone so it does not even know the phone is plugged into it.
So took a picture with my sony and will just read the chip.
Off to it.

Helmar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That will take a moment as that system is not hooked up to anything but the cameras and router. No network printer or printer on it either.
I will take a picture of it and if good enough, get it off the phone and process it to post.
Something interesting about that camera, looking at the APP for that camera, Both of them show the same IP numbers ? and both are 192.168.246.1 which none of them on its setup is what the IP scan software found..
The thing is, I had them both working before but can't remember what I did ?
Off to get the picture.
Well, crap....I just got done restoring the computer, lost a bunch of stuff and now my iTunes are gone so it does not even know the phone is plugged into it.
So took a picture with my sony and will just read the chip.
Off to it.
Ok, got what might be readable so lets see.Image1.jpg Image1.jpg