Blue Iris - Version 4.3.7

byronsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
I did get this working as others have also described. As I mentioned above, you have to go into the Nest App on your PC/Mac and make the feed public. Because of this, and the bandwidth issue others have described in this thread, I only did it on one landscape camera that would not mean anything to anyone else if they happened to run across the "public" URL for my landscape cam. The trickiest part of the setup is the process of getting the rtmps value/URL and feeding it into the cam setup on Blue Iris. This has been working for me, without any changes since this thread started in mid-May 2016.

I have not tried any other work-arounds with what others are calling Nests new "password protected cam sharing feature".

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Here is the URL I found - <source src="rtmps://stream-delta.dropcam.com/nexus/e15cb2f7a22c408ea5329c0a35a3658f" type="rtmp/mp4">. If I strip out the " " and remove the type="rtmp/mp4" piece, I have zero luck. "No Signal" therefor no image. Could there be an additional setting? Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks again for any additional help.

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Here is the URL I found - <source src="rtmps://stream-delta.dropcam.com/nexus/e15cb2f7a22c408ea5329c0a35a3658f" type="rtmp/mp4">. If I strip out the " " and remove the type="rtmp/mp4" piece, I have zero luck. "No Signal" therefor no image. Could there be an additional setting? Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks again for any additional help.
I realize this is a public setting and website. If I can get it to work, I'll change things here...

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
ereddish this is how it should look in your settings. See my screen shot

Attachments

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you mb... My screenshot is exactly like yours. Still no image. I'm on Windows10, new pc, etc. I'm pretty technical. Any other ideas?

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure. I tried it on mine and I can see your cam. I took a couple more screen shots. The only screens that would have to do with the cam. Screenshot 2017-01-02 20.37.54.png Screenshot 2017-01-02 20.38.10.png

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's very odd. I just don't know what to say. I know I have the latest version of Blue Iris. Maybe that's the problem. Thank you again. Not sure where to go from here. Wow.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the latest version as well. Send me the screen shots of the 3 screens. May be it's something you are just looking over. I know when I was trying, I tried for days and finally realized I had one setting off.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I have gone over it several times. everything is identical. The only other thing I can think is may be restart the camera and computer. Let me know if you get it. :) If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I just checked and there is an update for me. I am running 4.4.7.4 x64 I wonder if that is it. There may be an issue in the newest version

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
YES!!! Got it working. Downgraded to earlier version and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU so much. Now... tomorrow I need to start on the webserver piece. Can you assist with that if I have issues? Thanks again.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked! I am happy to help in whatever I can :) Thank you Fenderman. Glad you stepped in to help. Y'all have a good night.

Keith

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine quit working too with the last 2 updates. I have tried everything you have. Plus:
Reboot the nest Cam
Stopped and started sharing a new stream from nest.com for a new rtmps:// feed.
I think we may have found a problem with the 4.4.9.x code.
Upgrading to 4.4.9.7and reconfiguring did not resolve my issue.

Also on the new code I am unable to add the camera params that I had before.... size=1&camera={CAMNO}

The aera of interest on our new setups default to 640x480
on my old configuration was 1280x720 - which is what the stream is pushing.
We may have hit a bug in the code.

Contacting BI via blueirissoftware@gmail.com to see if they have a suggestion.

Last edited: