IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

Blue Iris Video Tutorials

th182

BIT Beta Team
Trying to figure this out, when I click "Test", PTZ camera does not move and a box pops up stating "received xxxxxx bytes".
When I paste the command in Chrome the UI login comes up, if I login then the camera moves.

Command entered in Chrome: 192.168.1.7:81/admin?camera=PTZ&preset=11&user=xxxx&pw=xxxx

View attachment 36612

After login this appears and the camera moves.
View attachment 36613
I was struggling with the same issue when I was trying to change profiles via URL command. I ended up going into Blue Iris Settings > Web Server > Advanced (bottom of web server tab). Then I unchecked "Use Secure Session Keys and Login Page". The URL command works and the only difference I see when using UI3 is that a login pop-up appears instead of the login screen.

I found this through trial and error after playing with several settings, I *think* this was the one setting that made it work, but it could be a combination of something else I also did.

Attachments

RicRat2009

Getting the hang of it
I was struggling with the same issue when I was trying to change profiles via URL command. I ended up going into Blue Iris Settings > Web Server > Advanced (bottom of web server tab). Then I unchecked "Use Secure Session Keys and Login Page". The URL command works and the only difference I see when using UI3 is that a login pop-up appears instead of the login screen.

I found this through trial and error after playing with several settings, I *think* this was the one setting that made it work, but it could be a combination of something else I also did.
Thanks @th182 that did the trick. It is working as expected.
Also, didn't change the UI3 login, same as it ever was.

opus too

Young grasshopper
Thank You for these videos!!! They are great! I started playing with BI 2 days ago. Never would have figured out motion detection without these! Probably would have dumped BI out of desperation. BI now is wonderful. :goodpost:
John

sc6pt0

Getting the hang of it
Just wanted to say thank you for these videos as well, they have greatly helped me better understand BI and many of its functions. Watching your videos, I was able to better stop some of the false triggers setting up zones in my yard where I had a lot of tree shadow movement in the wind. Good stuff sir!

Hi, I just wanted to drop a note saying how great these videos are. I have watched some and plan to watch them all as I get my BI up and running. Your work is greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure if you've ever thought about it, but a "part 0" video showing what to do when a user starts up Blue Iris for the very first time might be helpful. (How to add cameras, how to set different drives for recorded video, etc.)

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
would love a video on one cam triggering a PTZ to move to a desired preset...seems BI5 setup may have changed a bit for this and wiped out my commands/script

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Great videos Dasstrum!!
I still don't understand how should I setup the storage(New, Storage, what sizes should I chose, etc.). Sometimes shows in red and I don't understand what should I do.
It would be nice a video about this as well.