BlueIris 7 Second Freezes in Recordings

lerch419

n3wb
Reaction score
I emailed Amcrest and BI. Ken said he would fix the crash bug, but the crash was being caused because two-way audio was not supported for this camera. I asked if he was going to fix the two-way audio or just the crash error. He has not replied yet. I'm also waiting for a reply from Amcrest as to the best settings for this camera to work with BI.

lerch419

n3wb
Reaction score
Reply from BlueIris support

I believe that the audio was proprietary for that camera at this time and will not be supported. Hopefully they will update the firmware to add ONVIF support, which will support 2-way audio.

I really hope they fix this because this is one of the best cameras I have ever personally used. I would love to replace all of my cameras with these, but I really need to two-way audio.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of the ProHD Amcrest cameras, and I would swear I had the two way audio working once... now it doesn't.
I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Jim

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is sporadic. I had mine working at one point, and then it stopped.

I emailed Ken about the issue.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Following this thread closely.
I too, have 5-7 second "freezes" during recording.
Frustrating for a camera with such great image quality.

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The freezes were fixed for me by using the below settings. The trick is to not use the PROHD 1080P RTSP profile in the camera setup. See my setup below.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
for the 'freezing' issue with those amcrest cams, try disabling 'use rtsp/stream timecode'...

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The freezes were fixed for me by using the below settings. The trick is to not use the PROHD 1080P RTSP profile in the camera setup. See my setup below.

I saw an earlier post about these settings.
I'll give that a try.

for the 'freezing' issue with those amcrest cams, try disabling 'use rtsp/stream timecode'...
Already did that on all four Cams... still having issues.

lerch419

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried both suggestions and still get the instant crash. I wish BlueIris would start their own line of cameras.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to elaborate... I'm not crashing, as others are... I just get the 5-7 second image glitches.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to fix this problem. The trick is to not use the PROHD 1080P RTSP profile in the camera setup. See my setup below. The freezes are gone.

View attachment 7770
Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forum so if I am not doing something correctly please let me know. I have been using Blue Iris for about two years now with no major issues. I recently added an Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P (1920TVL) camera to the software and I am also experiencing the 7 second delay. I tried to set my camera settings to match the ones you posted in this image but I do not have that model available to me. I have the latest version of BI as I just updated yesterday. I am attempting to attach a screen shot showing which models I have as options. I have tried all three and can only get it to work using the ProHD model. The other two give me an error saying "Error: 8000274d (refused; check IP address and port) 0" As soon as I switch back to the ProHD model, it starts working again, but with the 7 second delay. Any advice?

cam settings.JPG

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive also got the delay, but happening with Alptop Dome Cameras as well as the Amcrest Pro HD cameras.. this is crazy frustrating.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive also got the delay, but happening with Alptop Dome Cameras as well as the Amcrest Pro HD cameras.. this is crazy frustrating.
It is very frustrating. A lot can be missed in 7 seconds as far as security goes. I am unable to try the suggested fix as I do not have that model (option) available.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is very frustrating. A lot can be missed in 7 seconds as far as security goes. I am unable to try the suggested fix as I do not have that model (option) available.
Do you have a passive switch between your POE swicth and your router? I was able to fix mine by taking the uplink cable from my POE switch and running it into a passive gigabit switch instead of my router.

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have a passive switch between your POE swicth and your router? I was able to fix mine by taking the uplink cable from my POE switch and running it into a passive gigabit switch instead of my router.
I'm not using POE cameras. They are all wireless and I have them connected directly to the router. Might not be the best setup but I am working with what I have at the moment.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My research has led me to learn the router is not equipped to handle that traffic. below is from a post from another forum:

" it's routing through your WiFi router, which have super weak switching backplanes (meaning it can't handle of a lot of packets per second) and the IP camera traffic will be throwing a lot of steady activity at it, on top of the other traffic just for regular internet usage. When you bypassed the router you are now switching through gear that is made to be a switch and a switch alone so they are much more capable of handling the load. You want to keep as much internal traffic as you can off your wireless router, otherwise things like that happen. Keep lan traffic on switches and off your routers."

jkthomas3480

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

user1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read many of these posts and was having the same problem every 7 seconds (more or less) and tried everything I could think of and many of these fixes including buying hardware that I didn't need! Before you drive yourself crazy, the only thing that worked for me was upgrading to Windows 10...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read many of these posts and was having the same problem every 7 seconds (more or less) and tried everything I could think of and many of these fixes including buying hardware that I didn't need! Before you drive yourself crazy, the only thing that worked for me was upgrading to Windows 10...
it likely had nothing to do with the OS...a clean install of 7 would have accomplished the same thing, though going to 10 is a good idea.

user1

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it was the OS! I actually built a HP server with Win7 64 just for BI (running as a service) because Win7 32 had the same issues and from all the research I did and all the changes I made (to BI software and server hardware) only upgrading to Win 10 made a difference... Someone (a staff member) posted in this forum something about "running as a service" (and some other options I'm using) would not work properly on Win 7 and that no changes were going to be made to BI since Win 7 was being phased out/EOL. That's the reason I upgraded the OS, and as soon as I did that everything worked great! Keep in mind I'm only referring to the 7 second issue, anyone who has a problem "crashing", that's not the same issue... Without writing a book here (lol) this is the only thing that worked "for me" and I'm just passing along info to help others. With that said "a clean install" for me gave me the same results.
Thanks for all your help and everyone else on here, staff and end users!!!