BlueIris Does not Record

Reaction score
Everything was working fine, and then a few weeks ago BI5 stopped recording, since then no changes have worked to get BI recording. I have 5 cameras, and even a reinstall of the OS doesn't fix the issue. JPG snapshots are still being taken, and they're saved to storage fine, but no video is ever saved.

I've looked at all the threads I could fine, but no one seemed to have the same issue I'm having now.

What could be causing this?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
screen shots, use windows 10 snip & sketch tool

1) Blue Iris Setting about tab
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab
4) BI two different cameras the record tab,
5) also on the record tab the result of the "video file format and compression" results
6)The trigger tab on both cameras.

Reaction score
What version of BI.
Have you set a profile that has been changed possibly.
Read the profile section of the builtin help.
I'm on Version 5.3.2.0, and the profile has not changed.

Insure that the "Pause" button (2 vertical bars) in upper right corner of all cameras overview screen (not the clip viewer section) is not red. If it is, click on it to go to gray (not paused).
The icon is grayed, so not paused.

screen shots, use windows 10 snip & sketch tool

1) Blue Iris Setting about tab
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab
4) BI two different cameras the record tab,
5) also on the record tab the result of the "video file format and compression" results
6)The trigger tab on both cameras.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on the BI system status tab, click the clip storage tab. Need to see the disk storage for BI

Set the pre trigger video buffer to 10.0 seconds. not 0.0. (not positve that this is it but test it abny way)

Then go do a trigger the camera by running around :)

Also another test set the camera on the record tab to continuous. not trigger. This will isolate if it is the trigger or the physical recording.

Reaction score
on the BI system status tab, click the clip storage tab. Need to see the disk storage for BI

Set the pre trigger video buffer to 10.0 seconds. not 0.0. (not positve that this is it but test it abny way)

Then go do a trigger the camera by running around :)

Also another test set the camera on the record tab to continuous. not trigger. This will isolate if it is the trigger or the physical recording.

I set the pre trigger buffer to 10 seconds and nothing has changed. I also repaired the database and that didn't do anything either.

Setting the camera to record continuously also does nothing.

You should remove the Blue Iris settings screenshot from you post. Or at least black-out the Registration key.
Done

Last edited:
Reaction score
My question was specific to diagnose the issue. Setting to record continuous is not the same as a manual trigger.
How do I manually trigger a camera?
You said in post #1 that "....a reinstall of the OS doesn't fix the issue. "
Have you tried re-installing Blue Iris?
Yes, I tried reinstalling just BI, then wiping the whole computer, neither worked.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Right click on the camera, towards the bottom you should see "trigger now".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Local SSD.
Your D drive for clip storage is shown above in post #8 as 10.91T, so unless you have a SSD that size you're not storing clips on it.

The SSD (generally C drive) should contain your O/S, the Blue Iris program and BI's "db" folder; video clips should go to your storage drive (generally D drive) and it would function best if surveillance-rated, such as a WD Purple.

Please post screenshot(s) of how/where video clips are stored ("settings" ==>> "clips and archiving") for "new" and "stored".
If clips go to D, did you create the appropriate folders on D such as "new", "stored", etc. ?

Reaction score
Your D drive for clip storage is shown above in post #8 as 10.91T, so unless you have a SSD that size you're not storing clips on it.

The SSD (generally C drive) should contain your O/S, the Blue Iris program and BI's "db" folder; video clips should go to your storage drive (generally D drive) and it would function best if surveillance-rated, such as a WD Purple.

Please post screenshot(s) of how/where video clips are stored ("settings" ==>> "clips and archiving") for "new" and "stored".
If clips go to D, did you create the appropriate folders on D such as "new", "stored", etc. ?
You are correct, it's just a standard spinning disk, I confused it with something else. The folders in the D drive have been properly made, and there aren't any weird permissions that would stop BI from writing to the folders.