BlueIris on your TV!

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any way of getting this going on Apple TV??

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
any way of getting this going on Apple TV??
Nope.... good luck Apple is pretty much locked down. So if you can’t download the app from the Apple store you can’t get it.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hmm i wonder if i can get any of this to work on my Nvidia shield pro.
Can you let me know if you do? I don't have an Android phone (only Fire tablets), and don't want to purchase the app unless I know it will work on my Shield Pro.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you let me know if you do? I don't have an Android phone (only Fire tablets), and don't want to purchase the app unless I know it will work on my Shield Pro.

The shield is android based right? It should work...

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is an Android TV OS device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
it should work perfectly on the shield...... should even run a bit smoother as the processor power is greater than that of the fire tv....

KB_WGL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I've just found this forum and I just want to extend a huge thank you to you folks. I'm currently using BI ver. 4.4.3.1 x64 in order to have our cameras viewed on Samsung and LG "smart" TVs, and just seeing what UI2 is capable is already a massive improvement. Great job and keep it up. I'll keep lurking around in hopes of learning more.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the video you mentioned you don't have to login because you configured it by exempting the device tied to an ip address... how did you do this? Thanks
First find the IP address of the device to exempt

Then go to Option in Blue Iris then web server>advanced

Add the IP address but with a "^" at the beginning... so like: ^192.168.8.1

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all! I've just found this forum and I just want to extend a huge thank you to you folks. I'm currently using BI ver. 4.4.3.1 x64 in order to have our cameras viewed on Samsung and LG "smart" TVs, and just seeing what UI2 is capable is already a massive improvement. Great job and keep it up. I'll keep lurking around in hopes of learning more.
i just ordered an LG tv which i think has WEBOS...will i be able to get UI2 running on it?

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i just ordered an LG tv which i think has WEBOS...will i be able to get UI2 running on it?
jazzy, my 4 year old LG smart tv browser worked fine with BI until an LG software update about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m setting up a system for a house we are currently building, I have purchased 8-2mp starlight turrets and a Dell Optiplex. My desire is to view/control on multiple TVs throughout the house. My plan is to run a hdmi splitter from the hdmi output on the Optiplex and have the ability to control from any tv via a WiFi mouse/keyboard. Does anyone see any issues with this plan? I am no computer guru but I know enough to get in trouble

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Be very careful on what type of HDMI splitter/extender you select. I bought some of the cheaper types and the reduction in video resolution was not acceptable. Even though they claim they will support up to 4K (BS). Some people claim they had luck with some of the more expensive ones. I now use a smart TV (samsung) that has a browser and use @bp2008 UI2/UI3 tools. You can connect a wireless mouse to the TV USB port and a wired ethernet port. I actually use UI2 on this samsung, because the h264 codec capability sucks so I stream jpg. UI2 has the capability to fine tweek the resolution to get a half way decent frame rate and resolution. Low latency is very good also.

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
Good info, thanks! My set up will be(at this point) from Optiplex > splitter> Main AV receiver (dual zone to loving room and patio),master bedroom tv, bathroom

TVs are as follows
-living room- new 65” Sony 4K smart tv
-patio- TBD
-master bed- 5year old 55” 1080 Samsung smart tv
-master bath- 40” Samsung 1080 smart

Sounds overkill/paranoia but I work shiftwork and the wife likes to see around the house at night

robertcj01

n3wb
Reaction score
Edit the "autostart" file:
/home/pi/.config//lxsession/LXDE-pi

Add the following lines:

@screensaver -no-splash
@point-rpi
@chromium-browser --kiosk --disable-session-crash-bubble http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:81/ui2.htm

<<<Replace xxx with your local BI server IP address>>>

Make sure you have ui2/3 installed correctly
Dasstrum I am new to Pi. In fact I just got mine today for this very reason. I don't have this file on my Pi. How do I go about creating it?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to view hidden files. If you are using the GUI interface right click in the folder it should be and check "Show hidden"

robertcj01

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to view hidden files. If you are using the GUI interface right click in the folder it should be and check "Show hidden"
Thanks. I found it. I can get it to work but after a time I just get a black screen.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have kicked this concept up a notch and setup my system so that when my front door camera is triggered it displays the video feed from the camera to a 65" Sony Bravia Smart TV in my family room for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the TV goes back to whatever show we were previously watching on Dish. I am able to do this by using the alert actions within BI that triggers a windows batch file. The batch file runs a couple of python scripts that simply toggles the HDMI inputs between my Dish Hopper and the BI computer.

The Sony Bravia has an API and there are several python scripts available on GitHub that allow you to control the TV via the windows command prompt. The batch file and python scripts are running on my BI computer so this does not require a raspberry pi or any additional hardware. The BI computer and TV are connected together with an HDMI cable so the video feed to the TV comes from a browser running UI3. I have a few loose ends to clean up, but so far it seems to be running great with minimal impact to my BI computer. However, I did notice that the CPU usage on my i7-3770 processor went from averaging around 12% to about 28%. I figured this is because UI3 is running all the time on the BI server, but that doesn't seem too bad for 11 cameras.

Does anybody see any issues I may be missing by having UI3 running continuously on my BI computer? Also, any suggestions on improving this process would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: