BlueIris PTZ control support for Huisun IP PTZ mini bullet camera

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess he's too busy adding some nice new motion detection algorithms.....you're gonna have to wait:D
Yeah, thought about that... Definitely more important... Just need to be patience.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
v4.2.2.1 = no, but the camera discovery feature finds 2 of my 8 cameras now and 1 of them is the PTZ. Getting there...

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.2.2.4 now has Huisun camera and PTZ options in the dropdown selection menus, but I still can't get any PTZ or other control. Anyone else manage to get it to work?

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried myself and same thing as you. All the PTZ controls appear but theyre not working..

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
v4.2.2.5 = no :sick: .....but I was able to get it working! :cool: Hopefully Ken will be able to fix the issue and have Blue Iris find the settings automatically from the camera, but meanwhile this worked for me.

The problem is that Blue Iris is not able to query the camera Onvif settings as it does with other cameras. Since I was lucky enough to get another PTZ and it works flawlessly in Blue Iris, I decided to compare how the software gather and stored the settings for the PTZ controls. The setting are stored in the registry, so I exported them and reviewed the difference as compared to the Huisun PTZ. With a list on hand I used Onvif Device Manager to access both cameras. Sniffed the packets with Wireshark and found the way Onvif protocol communicates from both cameras. Manually changed the settings in the registry for the miniPTZ, and problem fixed! Here is what I did.

*Disclaimer - This fix requires Windows registry changes. If you don't know what you are doing or feel comfortable making changes, wait for BI support to fix the issue at a later release. Also, this is for information purposes and the outlined instructions represent the way is configured and working for me. I cannot guarantee this will work for others.*

*The setting below work with default http-80 and rtsp-554 ports in the camera.*

1) Add the camera or modify the settings as below: Of course, use your IP for the camera and username/password.

Make = Generic
Model = RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4
Media/video/RSTP port = 554

2) Go to PTZ/Control tab and select the following options: The 2 bottom options are optional. Click OK to add camera.

3) Copy and Paste the below registry settings into a text file. Modify the the cam name (not the short name) based on your camera's name and save.
*Remember to add the .reg extension for the file in order to be able to import the settings*

{cam-name} = your camera name

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\{cam-name}]
"profile_token"="protoken_1"
"ip_path"="/Streaming/Channels/1"
"ip_onvif"=dword:00000050
"ptz_page"="/onvif/ptz_service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\{cam-name}\PTZ\Presets\1]
"name"="preset_1"
"desc"="Preset1"

------------------------
If you changed your camera's http port, you need to get the hex conversion value.

"ip_onvif"=dword:00000050 = port 80
"ip_onvif"=dword:00000438 = port 1080
etc...

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter
------------------------

*Update* - You can add more presets manually in the registry or use BlueIris GUI to add them.

Under PTZ/Control tab, click on Edit presets... The Name/Value needs to be as follows: preset_1, preset_2, preset_3, etc...

4) Import the registry settings and restart camera in Blue Iris. Have fun!

Hopefully this will work for others. Please let me know if not the case.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
In case anybody wants to know. This is working with:

- Windows 8.1: update 4.2.2.5
- Windows XP-SP3: updates 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.5

I wonder if it works with the official release as well...

Thanks djangel!! This is awesome.

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
One other note... the ptz functions now work on my iPhone as well. Thanks again dj!

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Note: Add more presets if needed. Reminder that presets need to be set on the camera itself.
No need to set the presets on the camera. This can be done on BI exactly as described in the help file :peaceful:
Adding more presets seems to work also. No need to go back to regedit.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No need to set the presets on the camera. This can be done on BI exactly as described in the help file :peaceful:
Adding more presets seems to work also. No need to go back to regedit.
Thanks for the info. I updated the instructions to describe how it can be done thru the gui. Also, I meant to say the preset specific position needs to be set on the camera :)

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I updated the instructions to describe how it can be done thru the gui. Also, I meant to say the preset specific position needs to be set on the camera :)
Sorry if I misunderstand you....but:
On the camera, yes. But not necessarily using IE to access the camera firmware. You can set presets in BI by holding down the "goto preset" button for more than one second (which seems very short to me by the way... two or even three seconds would have been better).

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that. Will have to try it.

*Update* - Yes, you are right! It can be done from BlueIris as you describe. Would help if I took some time to read the instructions :) Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I sent Ken the information I was able to gather and a few more things to troubleshoot the problem. He connected to the camera and this was his response:

OK very good ...
The ONVIF implementation is not correct for the camera, but I have made a work-around for the next release. It should allow the get date without authentication ... the date is needed for authentication! A catch-22.
Thanks
Ken
I think this will finally do. We'll see.