BlueIris using substream of IPCamTalk IPCT-HDBW4432F

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm fairly new to using this forum, so I don't know all the functions, but is there an easy way to find the post you referenced? I just scanned 7 pages of his posts (from his profile) and none are obviously about VLC. Is there a way to search for author + topic?
I think @alastairstevenson means what was in my post #17above.
In other words.
Download VLC for Windows here and install.
Open VLC, then open a network stream, use this URL:
Code:
rtsp:/Camera-IP:554/Streaming/Channels/102

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's post #17, 4 up from here.
A network stream address to try in VLC.
Sorry, I had misunderstood your earlier post to suggest that he had posted (somewhere on the forums) something about using VLC to test cameras. Now I understand that you were suggesting that I try VLC, but pointing to the stream that he had referenced. So, I did as you suggested. VLC works fine with "1" or "101", giving me the main stream, and works with "2" and "102" to give the substream. However, it does *not* work via BI with the exact same path ("2" or "102").

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I had misunderstood your earlier post to suggest that he had posted (somewhere on the forums) something about using VLC to test cameras. Now I understand that you were suggesting that I try VLC, but pointing to the stream that he had referenced. So, I did as you suggested. VLC works fine with "1" or "101", giving me the main stream, and works with "2" and "102" to give the substream. However, it does *not* work via BI with the exact same path ("2" or "102").
Wow, I came in late, didn't refresh my browser after supper.
Sorry that URL did not work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tell me which settings you want me to post (or if there is a way to simply export them all to show what you want to see)?

As I wrote above, without changing any setting other than "Path":

/Streaming/Channels/1 <<< works, giving me a view of the main stream
/Streaming/Channels/2 <<< fails, with "No Signal"

Simply changing the "2" back to a "1" works again (main channel).
the full video>configuration tab, that is the only relevant tab to this issue.
Have you tried changing the camera to 2 instead of the default 1, leaving the path at default.

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the camera to 2 instead of the default 1, leaving the path at default.
Yes ... no difference
the full video>configuration tab, that is the only relevant tab to this issue
Here it is:

View attachment 49480

As it wasn't working, I tried forcing the "rtsp:/" and putting the path into the URL (all as shown above) to eliminate any differences between the URL that works in VLC and fails in BI. If I change the above from "102" to "101" or "1", it works (showing the main stream, of course). As to trying it in VLC, I get the same results -- "1" or "101" works, but "2" and "102" fail.

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no idea as to why my post doesn't show my configuration page, but I will try again:

2019-10-25_1-41-22.jpg

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Craig Conrad sorry about the delay, not sure how I didnt see the replies. Anyway, here are the settings on how to use IPCT / Hikvision cameras substream with Blue Iris.
  • Set the address drop down to "http://"
  • For the address put 192.168.1.182 (assuming the http port is port 80, otherwise trail with : PORT. Also assuming RTSP is default 554)
  • For Make, select "Generic/ONVIF", for model put "RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4".
  • For path, put "/Streaming/Channels/102"

Something like this
1572230885172.png

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway, here are the settings on how to use IPCT / Hikvision cameras substream with Blue Iris.
  • Set the address drop down to "http://"
  • For the address put 192.168.1.182 (assuming the http port is port 80, otherwise trail with : PORT. Also assuming RTSP is default 554)
  • For Make, select "Generic/ONVIF", for model put "RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4".
  • For path, put "/Streaming/Channels/102"
Mike, that is exactly the way I had it originally (as the "Inspect" process left it, though I then edited the "102" in). That fails exactly as it does when forcing "rtsp" as in the screen image I included.

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you want to do a teamviewer session I can get it running for you
I am happy to get a teamviewer session going, if that is how you can assist in this! At the moment, I am at the lake house (where the camera is), and not at home (where BI is installed). So, if you set up teamviewer to my laptop (the one I am using now), it would be easy to see that VLC isn't working to the camera (channel 2). To me, that seems the starting point before working directly on BI, but that would be up to your direction. If you want to see/access BI server, we can do that through an RDP session from this laptop to the PC running BI.

Tell me how we get this going. Should I give you my phone#?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I am happy to get a teamviewer session going, if that is how you can assist in this! At the moment, I am at the lake house (where the camera is), and not at home (where BI is installed). So, if you set up teamviewer to my laptop (the one I am using now), it would be easy to see that VLC isn't working to the camera (channel 2). To me, that seems the starting point before working directly on BI, but that would be up to your direction. If you want to see/access BI server, we can do that through an RDP session from this laptop to the PC running BI.

Tell me how we get this going. Should I give you my phone#?
Download and install Teamviewer, one of us will help you. I'll be up for a while, too.