WTB Bricked Hikvision R0 series (DS-2CD2xx2) IP camera.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

The camera that don't accept update is with 5.4.0 modified when I returned it to seller.
Do you have perahps a tutorial how to extract mtdblock 6 if this one can interest you ?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson I have a little cube cam I can send you I got hold of it looks like the last person tried to up date it and now it will take a while to show on sadap then shows it's 192.168.1.64 but I can not modify past that even the reset button won't set it back to inactive mode if you want it inbox me an address in Scotland I will post it to you for your experiments it's hikvision

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting offer!
I've done loads of experiments on a camera that another of your countrymen very kindly sent!

There is a fair chance we can first of all try to bring it back to life over some forum dialogue if you are willing to commit a bit of time to experiment.
on sadap then shows it's 192.168.1.64
That's a pretty good starting point - not totally bricked then.
The key thing is - what does SADP show as the firmware version?
but I can not modify past that
Does that mean to have access to the web GUI? How did you attempt the update?
the reset button won't set it back to inactive mode
Excuse the dumb question - did you press this before power on, and keep it pressed for 20-30 secs after applying power? It needs to be sensed fairly late in the boot process.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I can try the power again I did hold till my finger hurt will give it a shot now
The web browser I have no password for this let me fire the little thing up now

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I can try the power again I did hold till my finger hurt will give it a shot now
The web browser I have no password for this let me fire the little thing up now
I might make a cuppa while it decides to show its self,did the power test for 60 seconds got the red top light and a flashing yellow nothing in sadap yet
Ok sadap sees it if I go to modify network parameters via sadap enter my known password it says timed out

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I might make a cuppa while it decides to show its self,did the power test for 60 seconds got the red top light and a flashing yellow nothing in sadap yet
Ok sadap sees it if I go to modify network parameters via sadap enter my known password it says timed out

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting offer!
I've done loads of experiments on a camera that another of your countrymen very kindly sent!

There is a fair chance we can first of all try to bring it back to life over some forum dialogue if you are willing to commit a bit of time to experiment.

That's a pretty good starting point - not totally bricked then.
The key thing is - what does SADP show as the firmware version?

Does that mean to have access to the web GUI? How did you attempt the update?

Excuse the dumb question - did you press this before power on, and keep it pressed for 20-30 secs after applying power? It needs to be sensed fairly late in the boot process.
ok sadap showing v4.0.8 build 1504 scroll a cross and the dsp version is missing

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows that it is in 'min-system' mode - the firmware version of 4.0.8 is a signature.
No web services, just a basic Linux kernel.
This is entered when incompatible firmware is loaded, or other conditions not allowing a full bootup.

Are you familiar with the Hikvision tftp updater tool?
Trying that, and the whoslooking '5.3.0 to 5.2.5' downgrader would be the next easy enough step.
Link and instructions, and firmware, here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

If that does not work - it's possible the camera has had a newer firmware install attempted, in which case it could be in the Catch-22 situation of the new (eg 5.4.0 or 5.4.5) not working, but the anti-rollback feature not allowing install of the downgrader, if the 'min-system' version installed has that 'enhancement'.
If so - I created a 'brick-fix' tool that takes away the anti-rollback feature and allows the downgrader install.
This then provides a start point for upgrades to the 5.4.5 EN/ML version with an enhanced 'mtd hack'.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows that it is in 'min-system' mode - the firmware version of 4.0.8 is a signature.
No web services, just a basic Linux kernel.
This is entered when incompatible firmware is loaded, or other conditions not allowing a full bootup.

Are you familiar with the Hikvision tftp updater tool?
Trying that, and the whoslooking '5.3.0 to 5.2.5' downgrader would be the next easy enough step.
Link and instructions, and firmware, here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

If that does not work - it's possible the camera has had a newer firmware install attempted, in which case it could be in the Catch-22 situation of the new (eg 5.4.0 or 5.4.5) not working, but the anti-rollback feature not allowing install of the downgrader, if the 'min-system' version installed has that 'enhancement'.
If so - I created a 'brick-fix' tool that takes away the anti-rollback feature and allows the downgrader install.
This then provides a start point for upgrades to the 5.4.5 EN/ML version with an enhanced 'mtd hack'.
Well I will have a go never used the tftp update tool so let's try

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok does this run its self for a while it hasn't got to the connect client part yet or do I need to go make a cup of tea

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd have thought you need to get to your bed!

So far, so good.

Communicating, but no file transfer.
I'd speculate that the tftp updater may not have the firmware file named digicap.dav (note the spelling) in the same folder as itself.
And did you click OK when Windows firewall popped up it's query?
We should probably start a new thread for this journey of yours, this part of the forum is a bit off the beaten track.
By the way - I'm away for a few days, so expect some slow responses.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd have thought you need to get to your bed!

So far, so good.

Communicating, but no file transfer.
I'd speculate that the tftp updater may not have the firmware file named digicap.dav (note the spelling) in the same folder as itself.
And did you click OK when Windows firewall popped up it's query?
We should probably start a new thread for this journey of yours, this part of the forum is a bit off the beaten track.
By the way - I'm away for a few days, so expect some slow responses.
yeh time for bed now i will look for the file and place it in the folder thank you alastairstevenson got to learn the tftp tool
really apreaciate that

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
'System update complete' should be within 2 or 3 mins.
Does that downgrader link have both the CN and EN header versions?
If you used the EN one, try the CN one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With the original firmware of 5.3.0 which implies the newer upgrade program, and the possibility of the original user trying newer firmware which bricked it, it may be suffering from the 'anti-rollback' Catch-22 situation so may be necessary to use my 'brick-fix' tool to get out of that.
What's your inclination to spend time on this? Arguably, although interesting, it's not very cost effective. I should talk - I spend ages chasing up even minor things. But I have the time to do so.
There are various steps that can be taken, if you still wish to spend time on them. I'm fine with doing that.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
With the original firmware of 5.3.0 which implies the newer upgrade program, and the possibility of the original user trying newer firmware which bricked it, it may be suffering from the 'anti-rollback' Catch-22 situation so may be necessary to use my 'brick-fix' tool to get out of that.
What's your inclination to spend time on this? Arguably, although interesting, it's not very cost effective. I should talk - I spend ages chasing up even minor things. But I have the time to do so.
There are various steps that can be taken, if you still wish to spend time on them. I'm fine with doing that.
i would love to work out how to fix it i know there cheap but the satisfaction of solving a problem is rewarding i did do the ch digcap file too and it still hangs up
when you get back and have some time i would love to know how to use the brick-fix tool cheers alastairstevenson have a great day