buying an IP camera

Reaction score
Agptek, efamily, laview onedot, fdt amcrest, sricam better your life, digoo kwanshop, greater good camera, floureon better your life, oraz10.???? Which one is going to have an app to connect to 3g and work with my Android phone. All these r cheaper picks from Walmart $30-$40

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read,study,plan before spending money

Those cameras are crap. If you use them you home network and computers may get hacked.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Agptek, efamily, laview onedot, fdt amcrest, sricam better your life, digoo kwanshop, greater good camera, floureon better your life, oraz10.???? Which one is going to have an app to connect to 3g and work with my Android phone. All these r cheaper picks from Walmart $30-$40
Welcome @Nicole0pixley

Having bought some cheap cameras when I started, I have to concur with SouthernYankee and Q - save your money and get a decent camera.

Sometimes you can find a good deal on something better. Definitely look at the cliff notes and decide what your needs are.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Name the app that works with it please
If you still require the app to NOT use Wi-Fi, only 3G or 4G, as you did regarding a meshare cam in a previous post....
I know of none.

The cam must connect to the Internet either wired or wirelessly (Wi-Fi) on your LAN. The Internet, using a P2P server, will allow you to remotely view the cam by using an app on the Android device, over the 3G/4G cellular network, to see the cam on your LAN.

In typical setup, the phone does NOT communicate directly with the cam via 3G/4G.

There are specialized cellular modems that are available to work with certain cams but they are VERY, very expensive and I'm reasonably sure, based on the camera brands you mentioned, you're not in the market for one of those setups.

Last edited:

MrMotofy

n3wb
Reaction score
If you still require the app to NOT use Wi-Fi, only 3G or 4G, as you did regarding a meshare cam in a previous post....
I know of none.

The cam must connect to the Internet either wired or wirelessly (Wi-Fi) on your LAN. The Internet, using a P2P server, will allow you to remotely view the cam by using an app on the Android device, over the 3G/4G cellular network, to see the cam on your LAN.

In typical setup, the phone does NOT communicate directly with the cam via 3G/4G.

There are specialized cellular modems that are available to work with certain cams but they are VERY, very expensive and I'm reasonably sure, based on the camera brands you mentioned, you're not in the market for one of those setups.

A while back I bought a Tmobile AC1900 branded router did some research and uploaded an original Asus AC68u firmware which turns it back into a regular Asus router not the limited Tmobile. It has dual WAN with USB ability and failover to secondary in either order. So any phone or mobile hotspot can be primary or secondary WAN. It's a nice little router for the $60 I paid. So there are models that would allow any IP cam to have a 4G connection but that specific scenario isn't the easiest to do. But it was pretty cheap to do, just not time wise. It would also require another data device connection. The idea could be a solution for someone. A LAN connection would still be a better direction.

But I would agree with the cam choices...buy a better cam.