Camera detection issue - extremely weird

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All!

I have just set up a new Ip camera system. my NVR is Hikvision DS7600 and the cameras are all Hikvision IR mini dome.
Everything works fine. I connected all the cameras and the LAN connection, I see the live video on the screen and all, BUT! On one specific cable the NVR doesnt detect the camera. I changed the entire cable, changed the plugs like 3 times, changed cameras, and it still doesnt work. When I connect the camera it turns on, sometimes the NVR tries to detect it but fails.

Any ideas on what can cause this?

Thanks a lot

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible that something next to the cable interfers with the signal?

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
I wired like this:
White orange, orange, white blue, blue, white green, green, white brown, brown.
Same on both ends

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried the camera on just a short patch cable to your NVR to eliminate if the camera has an issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wired like this:
White orange, orange, white blue, blue, white green, green, white brown, brown.
Same on both ends
no good...use the 568B standard. You must follow the proper standard or it wont work.

Ori Givati

n3wb
Reaction score
DONE. problem solved. by the way, I have two other cameras on which I used the same order and it worked

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah the wiring order is just wrong, you're actually splitting the blue & green pairs causing loads of signal loss, interference pickup and possibly inducing crosstalk, you may have just got lucky with the other camera's or the're more tollerant but its still wrong.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
interference won't 'hurt' the camera and keeping your colours the same at both ends will prevent any damage on the power side - a problem could occur if you one day replace a RJ45 plug at one end with wrong wiring at the other (missmatched), you could damage the camera or poe supply (nvr/switch).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
DONE. problem solved. by the way, I have two other cameras on which I used the same order and it worked
that is because the runs were shorter or there is less interference....you should fix them as well...you are very likely dropping packets.