Can I import a non hacked firmware onto Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I purchased these cameras, I didn't know you "Cannot Upgrade" the camera, or else you brick the camera (I know you can un-brick it but still). Thats fine with me. But is there any way to upload a firmware where I am able to proceed with normal US Updates? It's not a problem right now, but I can see this, one day, some "smart" client of mine will try to consult hikvision only to attempt an upgrade and boom.... bricked.

Thanks

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can't.

If you have chinese cameras, you can (officially) only update them with chinese firmware. When you get them, they come with a hacked international firmware so they will work in english. With a normal chinese camera, if you tried to update it with an international firmware it just would not allow you to do it. But with the "hacked" firmware , since it is an international firmware that has been modified so it can be installed on the chinese camera, it will allow you to install other international firmwares.

But once you update the camera with an unmodified international firmware, it will detect that the camera is chinese region, and will refuse to work. Here is where you risk "bricking" the camera. You can recover them but it is not trivial.

If some of your customers try to "upgrade and boom", well; I am quite sure they will think that you have been the "smart" supplier, because you sold them a chinese version of the product instead of the international. Luckily for you probably most of them (if not all of them) will never do it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I purchased these cameras, I didn't know you "Cannot Upgrade" the camera, or else you brick the camera (I know you can un-brick it but still). Thats fine with me. But is there any way to upload a firmware where I am able to proceed with normal US Updates? It's not a problem right now, but I can see this, one day, some "smart" client of mine will try to consult hikvision only to attempt an upgrade and boom.... bricked.

Thanks
You should be disclosing to your clients that you are using china region cameras that cannot be upgraded, otherwise you are defrauding them.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, I made the mistake of buying a large batch of cameras knowing they're international but not knowing they are non upgradeable until I received the package, which included a paper saying "do not upgrade!" I'll just let my clients know that these are the international version cameras and take it from there. Not buying International versions again.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, I made the mistake of buying a large batch of cameras knowing they're international but not knowing they are non upgradeable until I received the package, which included a paper saying "do not upgrade!" I'll just let my clients know that these are the international version cameras and take it from there. Not buying International versions again.
International versions are upgradable...You must have got duped

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are NOT international versions. They are chinese market cameras with a hacked firmware to make them "speak" english.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to reflash the cameras ram/motherboard to think it's a US based camera? I think I saw something like this. If not, how would I proceed with upgrading firmware for these cams.
I think I will brick one of these cameras on purpose in an attempt to revive it just to see what I'm dealing with.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera original came with a firmware of 5.23 or lower then Yes, but if your asking now your 2 years to late and the answer is No, they are hacked Chinese and that's it for now at least.