Cant reset Laview Cameras Password

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So is there a way to bypass the 12v adapter? I would have to unscrew each camera and bring them into the house?

I do have a netgear gs108 switch (actually 8 ports).

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It sounds like it's not very physically practical to use 12v power for the cameras.
Ok so i took one of the cameras out and connected it (to a 12v and ethernet adapter) and the pc to a switch then ran TFTP.

This was the result. Am i missing a step?

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This was the result. Am i missing a step?
No, you are not missing a step. You've managed perfectly well.
The file has transmitted OK.
But the firmware has not been accepted, internally it will have been tested for validity and rejected, though the reason is unknown.

I'd given you the link to the Hikvision R2 series camera firmware based on posts that other forum members had done with the same camera.
For example :

But these members on those posts have not been around for a while. @cmdr1337 @nanoo.a

What's needed now is some valid firmware, ideally from LaView.
But worth trying would be a couple of the other Hikvision R2 versions :
Maybe the 5.4.41 and the 5.4.81

And a shout out to any forum members with LaView cameras that could help with LaView firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And there is a support webform here :
Before downloading any firmware from our “Downloads” page, please note that not all units are compatible with all firmware. We recommend verifying which firmware your system requires prior to downloading, as incorrect firmware may cause your system to become inoperative. If you are unsure of which firmware version you need, please feel free to contact us: Submit a request – Support Center

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So you suggest using another firmware? And if it fails, contact them with the xml files forgetting a password?
Certainly try another version of the R2 firmware.

The tftp update method should work OK, given the right firmware that they might supply on request.
And maybe they will respond with a reset code after submitting the XML reset request to them.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Certainly try another version of the R2 firmware.

The tftp update method should work OK, given the right firmware that they might supply on request.
And maybe they will respond with a reset code after submitting the XML reset request to them.
I think something messed up big time now. I managed to get in touch with laview but now i am not seeing one of the cameras after unhooking it and trying that other firmware with a switch. And its taking a very long time now for the nvr to detect the other cameras.

Did using trfp brick my cameras?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did using trfp brick my cameras?
That's not likely. if the tftp updater didn't report 'System update completed' then no firmware was applied and nothing should have changed.

I managed to get in touch with laview
In what way are they responding? Reset code, firmware?

now i am not seeing one of the cameras after unhooking it and trying that other firmware with a switch.
Not seeing in what way?
What does SADP show?

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's not likely. if the tftp updater didn't report 'System update completed' then no firmware was applied and nothing should have changed.

In what way are they responding? Reset code, firmware?

Not seeing in what way?
What does SADP show?
Sadp is only showing 5 cameras and the issue now is when i go to forgot password, only one of them is letting me export the xml code.

The rest are showing enter default password and when i put 000000 it says password recovered and does the same thing.

They actually will reset it if i export the xml file.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadp is only showing 5 cameras and the issue now is when i go to forgot password, only one of them is letting me export the xml code.
But you'd not tried to reset these 5 cameras, correct?
It's only 1 that had connected to the tftp updater?
Have you selected the individual camera using the tickbox at the far left in SADP? With only one tickbox active?

The rest are showing enter default password and when i put 000000 it says password recovered and does the same thing.
For all the cameras firmware versions that you did the SADP screenshots for, there is no 'default password'.
When reset to defaults, they go to an 'Inactive' status.
The very old firmware Hikvision default passwords were 12345 and 123456789abc

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But you'd not tried to reset these 5 cameras, correct?
It's only 1 that had connected to the tftp updater?
Have you selected the individual camera using the tickbox at the far left in SADP? With only one tickbox active?

For all the cameras firmware versions that you did the SADP screenshots for, there is no 'default password'.
When reset to defaults, they go to an 'Inactive' status.
The very old firmware Hikvision default passwords were 12345 and 123456789abc
I tried all 4 cameras via plugged into the NVR with the TFTP first, then I tried your method and unscrewed one camera, and put it to the switch with the 12v adapter. I believe thats the camera not showing.

Do I need to unplug it and replug it again from outside?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I need to unplug it and replug it again from outside?
If it's already plugged in to the NVR PoE port, connecting it with the cable from the outside won't make any difference.

How have you selected the specific camera in SADP for the 'export XML' action?

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it's already plugged in to the NVR PoE port, connecting it with the cable from the outside won't make any difference.

How have you selected the specific camera in SADP for the 'export XML' action?
Well this is the issue. The nvr will say "detecting" and nothing never happens on that camera. As for the other cameras, it takes almost 10 minutes before they actually show if you shut down and restart the nvr. Should I restore the nvr to factory again? Would that help?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is the issue. The nvr will say "detecting" and nothing never happens on that camera
Does SADP show the camera, and what IP address is it, and does the address match what it originally was when connected to the NVR, from your original screenshts?

Should I restore the nvr to factory again? Would that help?
To be honest - I don't know if that would change anything.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so this is the latest update:

For some reason, 2 of the cameras which are bringing up the default password firmware when i hit forgot password seemed to have downgraded to 4.0.8

The other 2 on 5.4.5 i can export a xml file.

Attachments

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also the Hikvision password reset tool didnt work. I get “unable to connect to the remote server” when i use the program as well.