Cant reset Laview Cameras Password

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, 2 of the cameras which are bringing up the default password firmware when i hit forgot password seemed to have downgraded to 4.0.8
That firmware version indicates that the cameras are operating in 'mini-system recovery mode' due to an error they can't handle.
These are the 4MP cameras - they use different firmware from the 2MP cameras.
Other forum posts suggest they are R6 series OEM Hikvision cameras.
Did you attempt to use the firmware for the LV-PB912F4C 2MP cameras on these?
That may have caused the problem.
I didn't give you a link for the 4MP cameras - did you download any firmware for them from the Hikvision portal?

Best guess Hikvision equivalent for the LV-PB3040WC 4MP cameras is the R6 series, with the 5.5.0 firmware here (but a different build date) :

The other 2 on 5.4.5 i can export a xml file.
That's good - hopefully LaView can provide a reset code, or valid firmware.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That firmware version indicates that the cameras are operating in 'mini-system recovery mode' due to an error they can't handle.
These are the 4MP cameras - they use different firmware from the 2MP cameras.
Other forum posts suggest they are R6 series OEM Hikvision cameras.
Did you attempt to use the firmware for the LV-PB912F4C 2MP cameras on these?
That may have caused the problem.
I didn't give you a link for the 4MP cameras - did you download any firmware for them from the Hikvision portal?

Best guess Hikvision equivalent for the LV-PB3040WC 4MP cameras is the R6 series, with the 5.5.0 firmware here (but a different build date) :

That's good - hopefully LaView can provide a reset code, or valid firmware.
No i havent. I just tried the firmware on all. So what do you suggest? Unplug the other two cameras from the nvr and then download this firmware and try it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No i havent. I just tried the firmware on all. So what do you suggest? Unplug the other two cameras from the nvr and then download this firmware and try it?
Yes, if the firmware is valid for that model, it should recover the camera.
Worth asking LaView if they'd supply correct firmware for that model.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well looks like it reached system update for those two cameras on tftp but the firmware is still at 4.0....

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So laview was not helpful with that but i have some success today. The firmware you just posted, worked for some reason i can see 2 cameras. The other two cameras for 5.4.5 i tried to do that and one of them now isnt being shown on the nvr so im trying to figure out how to get it show in sadp again so i can just export the xml of those 2 and send it to laview.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The firmware you just posted, worked for some reason i can see 2 cameras.
So these were reset to 'Inactive' and when connected to the NVR, the NVR 'Activated' them and they connected?
That's good.

The other two cameras for 5.4.5 i tried to do that and one of them now isnt being shown on the nvr so im trying to figure out how to get it show in sadp again so i can just export the xml of those 2 and send it to laview.
When dealing with more than one camera model, just be very sure it's the correct digicap.dav for the camera that's in the tftp updater folder.

GaryTX87

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So these were reset to 'Inactive' and when connected to the NVR, the NVR 'Activated' them and they connected?
That's good.

When dealing with more than one camera model, just be very sure it's the correct digicap.dav for the camera that's in the tftp updater folder.
Yes it went from inactive to active. Well bad news now. I tried to do that with the other model they disappeared and then reappeared. Now one of the lv pb304 models stopped show because its taking the same ip as the other model.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now one of the lv pb304 models stopped show because its taking the same ip as the other model.
It looks like the NVR has considered the 192.168.254.5 address as unused as there was no active camera using it.

Also - why are the LV-PB3040WC cameras now showing with firmware 4.0.8 ?
You'd successfully applied the R6 firmware and reset them to Inactive and had them working on the NVR, I thought?