China (aliexpress, alibaba, ebay..)

realdeal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

Has anyone purchased from these seller abroad that sells for half the price ?

I'm talking about branded Hikvision.

I asked sellers whether they sell hacked China region cameras (I was told they do) and they keep saying that they don't, that they sell "oversea version".

Question is : should I trust them, do you guys believe this is false advertising and that I should't buy from Chinese suppliers ?

I've met this seller for exemple Uin Technology Limited ( Wuhan) and found this post :

Hikvision FIRMWARE TOOLS - change language, extract files and create own firmware

What a hacked version would imply ? Might be a dumb question but you guys are always so knowledgeable

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The link you provided is about the Dahua brand. Is it similiar ?
Hi Realdeal,

Random vendors should not be trusted. Numerous posts on that issue here. Do take the time review the cliff notes and search for topics in the search box.

We have recommended vendors listed in the vendor section.

Dahua OEM international models are well liked by members here. Chinese market cameras should be avoided unless you're willing to learn a lot more on how to keep them running and off the internet or isolated from attacks. ( good in general to keep security cameras off the internet imho )

Reaction score
I purchased from Aliexpress, the price is much more competitive than ebay. Having no idea about the alibaba.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased from Aliexpress, the price is much more competitive than ebay. Having no idea about the alibaba.
@Rodion Wilt

Do use caution - many aliexpress vendors may also be ebay vendors, and some also amazon vendors. Each platform charges it cut. Each has numerous vendors which maybe not 100% honest - thus always go with recommended vendors which the members here have had exceptional experience with.

Think about it this way:
If you are new to a product - for example a car, how do you know if it is a good car? if it is a good deal? if the seller is not distorting the truth?