Chinese cameras

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some chinese cameras i dont use, and i want to use them now.
But, i dont know ip and other information, i can only plug on and thats it.
App Icsee on android can automatically find my cameras, but, this app request navigation turn on constantly when app work.
Is there any other apps (can be on pc), who can find all cameras i have and dont request navigation?

Thanks

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have some chinese cameras i dont use, and i want to use them now.
But, i dont know ip and other information, i can only plug on and thats it.
App Icsee on android can automatically find my cameras, but, this app request navigation turn on constantly when app work.
Is there any other apps (can be on pc), who can find all cameras i have and dont request navigation?

Thanks
A simple way would be to look into your router and see what IP's are given out. Then plug in a single camera, look for the "new one" and note the IP as well as the mac address of it. The IP address (if running DHCP and not static) can always change. The MAC address will always be the same. Then (if it were me), I'd focus on how to log into that single camera and adjust settings, configure, etc. Then I'd set static IPs for the individual MAC addresses of each camera so you'll always know where its at in the DHCP table.

(There's a lot that could be said about VLANS, setting DHCP pools, isolating networks but that's getting more technical. You might want to look into that later but for now, you need to figure out where it is and how to get into it first.)

That's just my opinion fwiw

Reaction score
Try the hikvision SADP tool and if that doesn't work try the Dahua config tool. They are both PC software and free download. Read as much as you can from the cliff notes and that will help you as well Good luck!

alk32116

n3wb
Reaction score
Netscan or Angry IP Scanner can come in handy as well.

These suggestions do assume the cameras will get a DHCP address onto your main network. If they have a static IP on a different subnet, it will be more challenging to find them.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score