CPU usage spikes when using remote view

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I’m currently recording directly to the solid state OS drive, then sending to a WD Purple. Is it ok to go direct to the WD Purple and cut out a step?

I have three8tb WD Purple drives. I’ll split the cameras between them tomorrow.

The ram seems to hover 8-12gb usage. I have 16gb total. Should I upgrade to 32gb with this many cameras?
Yes, try going direct to the 3 drives. Setup aux folders and split the load.
yes, you might want to try more memory despite it appearing that you are not using all.
Blue iris and CPU consumption as it relates to memory usage

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. Made the change, split the load amongst the three hard drives. System cpu is still skyrocketing to 100%.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may be way off base.
But for a standalone BI PC that is running near 100%. Why do you have windows memory compression turned on. It uses CPU, turn it off, if memory becomes a resource problem buy more memory.
Pre allocate a pagefile on the SSD.

This is why i like screen shots, you see things that are not asked about.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I may be way off base.
But for a standalone BI PC that is running near 100%. Why do you have windows memory compression turned on. It uses CPU, turn it off, if memory becomes a resource problem buy more memory.
Pre allocate a pagefile on the SSD.

This is why i like screen shots, you see things that are not asked about.
Thanks! I have no idea why that’s enabled. I’ll look to see how to turn it off. I currently have 16gb of DDR4-3000 ram. Fenderman suggested I get more, so I was gonna get 16gb of the same stuff for a total of 32.

I’m not sure what the pre allocate a page is about.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also. I disabled 7 of my cameras and the system is running great. I assume one of the cameras is causing the system to go haywire.