Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not recommended to tftp using the POE on the NVR, just get yourself a $10 mini desktop switch from Ebay and a 12v psu, most people have one kicking around lol, and 1 patch lead.
Then your have all what you need to tftp to your camera safely.
Another option is to use your router, just unplug it and take it where you need it as it doesn't need Web access to when tftp is being done.

Matchbox

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, so I see this downgrader is for Chinese 5.3.0 to English 5.2.5 does anyone know if this will work to downgrade an English (or north american version) DS-2CD2xx2(5.3.0 on the box) down to 5.2.5? I have tried and the camera keeps coming up 4.0.8 and then just sits there. When I run the TFTP everything loads but it will never reply back with a completed message. I have waited for the response for over 20 minutes and nothing happens, so I reset the camera and after the reboot (10 mins or so) it will show up on SAPD tool with the 4.0.8. and an IP address of 192.168 1 64 with security active(I have no idea what the default password is, it's not 12345). The camera will re-flash back to it's original version in about 3 minutes and runs just fine, but I can seem to get it to downgrade. I want to use an earlier version of firmware so I don't have to update NVR's to the new 3.3.4 (nice interface, but makes the NVR run really slow on remote playback). Older version of the NVR will not run these cameras, I keep getting network abnormal. So any ideas would be great!
Thanks.

Peppi

n3wb
Reaction score
You, Sir, deserve a cookie! Thanks a lot for creating this file and sharing it, you made my day :D

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, so I see this downgrader is for Chinese 5.3.0 to English 5.2.5 does anyone know if this will work to downgrade an English (or north american version) DS-2CD2xx2(5.3.0 on the box) down to 5.2.5? I have tried and the camera keeps coming up 4.0.8 and then just sits there. When I run the TFTP everything loads but it will never reply back with a completed message. I have waited for the response for over 20 minutes and nothing happens, so I reset the camera and after the reboot (10 mins or so) it will show up on SAPD tool with the 4.0.8. and an IP address of 192.168 1 64 with security active(I have no idea what the default password is, it's not 12345). The camera will re-flash back to it's original version in about 3 minutes and runs just fine, but I can seem to get it to downgrade. I want to use an earlier version of firmware so I don't have to update NVR's to the new 3.3.4 (nice interface, but makes the NVR run really slow on remote playback). Older version of the NVR will not run these cameras, I keep getting network abnormal. So any ideas would be great!
Thanks.
I've not even tried it on an English Camera to be honest, as they generally don't need to be fixed to be English.

You could try changing the language flag with HIKtools to 1 and see how that works out for you.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I replaced the IE..gz file and the mtd5 and 6 hack on 5.2.8. If I apply the 5.2.5 firmware in this thread, do I have to undo any of the settings before downgrading, or redo settings after downgrading?

(Wanting to downgrade because per the other thread my 2132s are rebooting every 5-10 min)

Thanks!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have done the mtd hack, then just use the downgrader,
You didn't need to play with the IEfile.gz as this will be replaced by the one in the 5.25 firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:

cruverland

n3wb
Reaction score
La primera Hola a todos, soy nuevo en el foro y quería ante todo dar las gracias a toda la ayuda que proporciona un nosotros.
Foreando llegué aquí, he leído mucho para llegar hasta aquí y he sido claro muchos conceptos y más o menos he llegado a buen término lo que quería, perdona mi Inglés ya que no soy un nativo. Los datos técncios mi cámara: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW CHINA China FIRMWARE editor: 5.3.0 v 150.423 firmware de aplicación de acuerdo: v 5.2.0 Como la mayoría he actualizado y la versión en Inglés del firmware y ya no convertidos al acceso. Con el manual que hay en el foro he instalado el firmware (downgrade) de "whoslooking" ha sido el único firmware con TFTPD me ha dejado instalar completamente (actualización completada) como el terminal. El problema es que en teoría tendría que reiniciar el dispositivo desenchufar y volver a enchufar pero aún así la luz roja de advertencia y el estado sin ningún tipo de luz, pero el enlace parpadea de vez en cuando. Yo lo saqué de la red y he vuelto a conectar con DHCP y SADP no encuentro yo de ninguna manera, no parece. ¿Qué puede estar pasando?, Porque no puedo encontrar mi cámara y continúa con la luz roja de advertencia?. Muchas gracias por la ayuda.

cruverland

n3wb
Reaction score
I've already got, I waited an hour and when I came and had the blue light flashing and all in English. Whoslooking thank you very much, your firmware worked out great, I am very grateful for your work. The alarm light is red all the time while I work all, because it can be ?.

Thank you.

enaiman

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get past the tftp sever starting.I did change my PC's IP to 192.0.0.128 and rebooted the cameras but none of them contacted the server. I did allow firewall access to tftp server but I guess I'll have to double check to see if it is not blocked.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
La primera Hola a todos, soy nuevo en el foro y quería ante todo dar las gracias a toda la ayuda que proporciona un nosotros.
Foreando llegué aquí, he leído mucho para llegar hasta aquí y he sido claro muchos conceptos y más o menos he llegado a buen término lo que quería, perdona mi Inglés ya que no soy un nativo. Los datos técncios mi cámara: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW CHINA China FIRMWARE editor: 5.3.0 v 150.423 firmware de aplicación de acuerdo: v 5.2.0 Como la mayoría he actualizado y la versión en Inglés del firmware y ya no convertidos al acceso. Con el manual que hay en el foro he instalado el firmware (downgrade) de "whoslooking" ha sido el único firmware con TFTPD me ha dejado instalar completamente (actualización completada) como el terminal. El problema es que en teoría tendría que reiniciar el dispositivo desenchufar y volver a enchufar pero aún así la luz roja de advertencia y el estado sin ningún tipo de luz, pero el enlace parpadea de vez en cuando. Yo lo saqué de la red y he vuelto a conectar con DHCP y SADP no encuentro yo de ninguna manera, no parece. ¿Qué puede estar pasando?, Porque no puedo encontrar mi cámara y continúa con la luz roja de advertencia?. Muchas gracias por la ayuda.
Yo tambien tengo una cámara DS-2CD2432F-IW pero con versión 5.2.5 y también hace lo mismo. Por lo que he leído anteriormente, creo que tiene que ver porque la cámara no detecta una tarjeta de memoria instalada. Nunca he tratado de instalar una en mi cámara ya que está conectada a un NVR y la cámara funciona normalmente. Si tienes una tarjeta de memoria puedes tratar de instalarla, dale un formato en Advance Configuration > Storage > Storage Management a ver si la luz se apaga. Si no funciona, no debes preocuparte ya que la cámara funciona bien con todas las opciones. También, por referencia de las 3 luces en la cámara, la luz roja es de la alarma, la azul es de indicación que tienes EZVIZ Cloud P2P activado (Advance Configuration > Network > Platform Access) y la anaranjada es de la actividad del network. La única que puedes apagar es la azul, si desactivas EZVIZ. Déjame saber si tienes más preguntas.

cruverland

n3wb
Reaction score
Muchas gracias djangle. No me había fijado que me habías mandado un mensaje privado, te agradezco la deferencia de ayudarme. No es la primera vez que tengo cámaras, pero si este modelo del cual desconocía estos problemas, pero ya sabes calidad precio son la hostia.
Pues voy a probar eso que me comentas y te contesto por aquí. He puesto un mensaje público preguntando lo mismo (antes de ver el tuyo contestándome) pero también otro problema, cuando he configurado la opción NAS a uno de mis NAS se pone a sonar como una loca la cámara, no para, como de alarma, intenté buscar alguna solución a la alarma pero solamente desconfigurando el acceso al NAS deja de sonar.
¿Alguna idea?.

Y gracias por todo.

cruverland

n3wb
Reaction score
Hola otra vez.

Ya he solucionado lo del ruido, como bien dices he metido una sd la he formateado y todo solucionado. Per la dichosa luz roja sigue ahí. He visto que la versión que tengo de firmware ahora es la V5.2.5 build 141201 ¿se puede actualizar?, también he visto que la versión del codificador es la V5.0 build 140714, tengo otra hikvision, exactamente la DS-2CD6412FWD-C1 y tanto la versión del firmware es superior (comprensible al ser otro modelo), pero la versión del codificador que creo tendría que ser igual para todas es mucho mayor V6.2 build 141210. ¿Sabes porque puede ser? y como ponerme al día?.

Gracias otra vez.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry about hijacking the thread. Will help @cruverland via PM.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I updated my DS-2cd2032F-I that came with V5.3.0 (chinese probably) to I thought newer version 5.3.0 from the hikvision web. I thought to make it better updating the firmware.....what a mistake.... the firmware update went up to 100%, it rebootet and now is hanging. It doesn't show any IVP4 adress any more (not in the speedport, not when directly connected to the computer, nothing to do to see it.) I can not see it in sadp or ODM at all. Before it worked of course. So what can I do to get the 5.2.5 on the camera to make it work again? Now I can not reach the camera cause it doesn't bring an IP (the IR light up when I put it on power but that is all it can do now :sad2: )