Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the downgrader, the tftp program is included with it.

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
it can not work ( it seems not to have access to the 64)
tftp server 192.0.0.128 initialized and then I only get the messages device 192.0.0.64test tftperver again and again ( even after unplug/plug the camera)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Both camera and PC wired connections to the switch or router?
digicap.dav in the same folder as tftpserve.exe?
Windows firewall allowing TCP as well as UDP (Advanced settings | Inbound rules)?

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
FUN-tastic ...it worked on switching off the firewall.....so happy, thank you very much for all....
Now the only problem is to get it to the p2p system. The EZVIZ says "the device can not be added". The cam is detected by EZVIZ and ezviz is enabled in the menue. What is wrong with it? (is it cause I have the cam connected to my poe-switch?)

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EZVIZ is very hard work, it's hit and miss, and is horrible with wireless devices.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't, I just use ivms-4500 I gave up on ezviz just keeps going offline.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Edit: Different power supply lets camera boot

Hi, I'm having trouble flashing using TFTP. I've connected my computer directly to the 2132 (powered by 12V DC PSU separately) but the PC isn't showing any TFTP activity and the camera just boots normally. I set the IP of the PC to 192.0.0.128 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0. After the camera boots I can actually get to the camera. I've tried running TFTP using admin and non admin, disabled Windows firewall. Tried both connecting using the switch ports on my router and directly without a switch.

This is a stock 5.2.8 camera with the IE.gz replacement and mtd5/6 hack. The only deviation from the hack is that for mtd6 instead of changing the circled values, I changed the same corresponding mtd5 bit (AVax -> AWax for both mtd5/6)

What else could I be missing? Thanks!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the firmware in the downgrader (4 line version 5.25) there are to many faults with 5.28.

What are you trying to achieve?

If it's just the MTD hack just change the 02 to 01 then on the left plane change the date by adding one day. That will balance the checksum -16
Do this for both MTD 5 & 6

wanskk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, did anyone have solution for IP Camera with model: DS-2CD2120F-I (2cdxxx0 model) ? I have buy that camera, I didn't notice how difficult to change the language.
Anyone have and idea ?

Thanks..

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use the firmware in the downgrader (4 line version 5.25) there are to many faults with 5.28.

What are you trying to achieve?

If it's just the MTD hack just change the 02 to 01 then on the left plane change the date by adding one day. That will balance the checksum -16
Do this for both MTD 5 & 6
Thanks. Trying to downgrade from 5.2.8 to 5.2.5 but TFTP server not showing any activity despite setting IP firewall etc. camera just keeps booting normally. On PC I can go to cameras web UI after booting. Just seeing if the mtd hack could interfere with being able to TFTP..

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the firewall rules and delete any that point to tftp,
You will only be able to tftp the firmware on to the camera.
Remember wifi off, pc ip set to 192.0.0.64
Also turn off the firewall.

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I turned off the Windows Firewall setting completely. Also tried a standalone switch with no dice. I checked to make sure IP was right.

JoeCool

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried several times to upgrade firmware on a 2132 (presently it's the mini-firmware 4.08 present), but never gets "completed succesfully?)
TFTP finds device and sends file successfully, but nothing more happens?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.....

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What firmware is on the stickers of the camera?
At the moment your camera is running in min-system and only has basic like tftp for recovery running.

JoeCool

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually I have tried several PC's without any luck? As Admin, from network drives, from VM's etc.
Same result:

Attachments

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I turned off the Windows Firewall setting completely. Also tried a standalone switch with no dice. I checked to make sure IP was right.
So instead of my Windows 10 PC I tried my Windows 7 PC and worked on first try!

However, From Transmitting to Completed file, it only took 25 seconds. And from Completed file to System update completed! it only took 20 seconds... Your help says 5 minutes. Is this normal? Shall I unplug the camera and reboot???

Edit: Woo! It worked! It took a while to boot but it's working! Thanks whoislooking!!!

lons

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have downgrade firmware on a 2432.
The cam starts and i can log in, but everything is in chinese.
I have tried to flash some other multilanguage firmware but the cam is everytime chinese...

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So instead of my Windows 10 PC I tried my Windows 7 PC and worked on first try!

However, From Transmitting to Completed file, it only took 25 seconds. And from Completed file to System update completed! it only took 20 seconds... Your help says 5 minutes. Is this normal? Shall I unplug the camera and reboot???

Edit: Woo! It worked! It took a while to boot but it's working! Thanks whoislooking!!!
Glad you got there in the end, I recommend 5min as most people won't wait longer than two, this gives the firmware update more of a chance to load before inpatients starts to kick in lol.