Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
SAPD can't seem to pick up the camera even I could ping the camera IP address (192.168.1.64), which would be the default LAN IP address for 5.30

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SAPD can't seem to pick up the camera even I could ping the camera IP address (192.168.1.64), which would be the default LAN IP address for 5.30
But not after a successful downgrade, the IP will change to 192.0.0.64 I would recommend doing the downgrade again after the successful message wait a few minutes, then manually reboot a couple of times then wait, it should then appear is SADP at 192.0.0.64

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
After i did the downgrade, I could scan the network with FING and see it however when I used FING to scan the service running on 192.168.1.64, it didn't pick up anything. I will do the downgrade again tonight.

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
Load 5.2.5 again via TFTP, SADP could pick up the 2CD2032F-IW as 192.168.1.40 with port 8000. Notice the software version is V4.08 Build 15. Seem like it doesn't want to boot with 5.2.5. When I want to modify the network settings, the error message with ' Failed to modify settings. Help, need to de-brick this camera.

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
After 5 x attempts, I have 5.2.5 running on the camera now. Initiating MTD hack :)

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
all good guys, the DS-2CD2032F-IW is back again with English. Once again, thanx whoslooking for the info and help !

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Notice the software version is V4.08 Build 15
That's an indication the camera is in 'Min-system mode', a recovery mode after flashing incompatible firmware.
You should be able to confirm this by checking the full serial number shown in SADP, it usually has 'min-system' embedded.
What firmware version is showing on the label on the camera?

*edit* didn't see the later posts - just ignore above.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel bad, for all those people that charged a lot of money for firmware and hacks, NOT

pkincade

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera DS-2CD2132F-IS Camera is apparently a multi-language grey market camera. Sticker says 5.3.0 but was 5.2.5, upgraded like a lot of others :/ and now not able to connect.
1) SADP seeing IP 192.168.1.64 and version 4.1BuildXXXX. I understand this is the min-mode.
2) Using the downgrade provided and the digicap.dav file attached I used the TFTP and uploaded the file. SADP is not seeing the device now in min-mode.
3) Each time I reboot the device it will download the digicap.dav file again. I have rebooted the device with tftp closed and SADP does not see it.

Where would I find the correct downgrade firmware for this camera?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you must close the tftp after the success message, then reboot the camera wait for 2 minutes as it take a while for the new firmware to load for the first time.

your camera should after a while appear in SAPD at IP 192.0.0.64.

This is the correct firmware for your camera.

pkincade

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I was not closing the TFTP app so I suppose it was downloading it each time although it wasn't changing what was shown on the tftp window from the first download. It is working now. Thank you very much for the help!

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel bad, for all those people that charged a lot of money for firmware and hacks, NOT
It is shame on them charging other for what they learnt from forum like this. I do feel bad for the end users as most of them could barely set up the camera securely let alone proper networking. Hacking is another level. Hikvision distributor here won't sell anything to me, referring me to their so called professional professional . Load of rubbish

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's 3rd party greed, I am a professional installer but my trade is not dictated by a manufacturer or a supplier, but by the customer or their Client. In the UK traditionally we are all ripped off by everyone, no fixed prices postcode charging is a common practice in the security industry.
Long live the grey import market, it's the only way that prices are kept at a realistic level,that real people can afford.

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
It's 3rd party greed, I am a professional installer but my trade is not dictated by a manufacturer or a supplier, but by the customer or their Client. In the UK traditionally we are all ripped off by everyone, no fixed prices postcode charging is a common practice in the security industry.
Long live the grey import market, it's the only way that prices are kept at a realistic level,that real people can afford.
I wish we have more professional like you in Australia. It is the post install service that would make you stand tall over the rest.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 working cameras with V5.2.3 build 141024, can I upgrade the camera to 5.2.5 using the web interface?

I also have one camera with V5.2.5 build 141201, this was upgraded to 5.3.0 and then downgraded to 5.2.5

I would like to have all cameras on the same firmware

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, do folks have any tips on how to manage firmware if all I have is a POE NVR for powering the cameras? Do I just bridge one of the POE Ethernet ports to my router? Thanks!