Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just test this with DS-2CD2032F-I and DS-2CD2032F-IW, works as it should on the CN models downdraged to 5.25 then mtd hacked to English then added the 4lines Detection.

If your having issues with this model it's your tftp not fully working correctly.

nationwide

n3wb
Reaction score
Eureka! it is fixed. Camera was giving a language mismatch error. So i used the hiktools to change the language to 1 in whoslooking downgrader firmware. It loaded instantly without issues. Big thanks to snikinl for pointing me to console access and using hiktools to change the language. An educational experience indeed. ;)

chvos

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this with me. I have 3 v5.3.0 chinese ds-2cd2232-i5 with v5.2.5 multilanguage firmware. There wasn't a problem untill the substream option of two of them disappeared. I used your firmware to restore one of them, I did this by loading the firmware directly on the camera using the webinterface. This worked and when I access the camera directly I have the substream option back. Only when I plug it into my DVR the option disappears again. I need this substream to make it possible to watch 4 cameras on 1 screen, otherwise I will get the no resource problem. Does anyone has an idea what I can do? I can try to fully restore the camera to chinese and load this firmware on it again? I added two screenshots to show my problem. I hope someone can help me. Schermafdruk 2015-11-08 21.51.04.pngSchermafdruk 2015-11-08 21.50.59.png

xiaoyao

n3wb
Reaction score
I have NVR, they are Chinese, I want to be in English, but I can not find SSH or Telent, why, who can help me?
Hikvision NVR
DS-7104N-SN/P
V3.0.17 build 150804

chvos

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, it's all working now! I had the 9/2015 version with v5.3.0. When I restored I couldn't load any new firmware using TFTP. It was exactly the same problem as nationwide. I contacted him to ask for his solution and it was really easy to fix with your software whoslooking! I only had to change the language code to 1 and I finally got the Update complete! massage in TFTP. Now I have my substream back on all four cameras, and this made it possible to watch all cameras on 1 screen without the "no resource" problem (because my dvr is a lightweight I have to watch it in 4CIF, but 1080p recording).

So thanks for sharing this firmware with us whoslooking and nationwide thanks again for replying!

PS xiaoyao, you probably have the same problem if you have a v5.3.0 camera which is made around 9/2015. So use Hiktools to change the language code to 1.

You can do this by downloading hiktools. Create a folder with hiktools and digicap.dav (version of whoslooking). Open command prompt. Navigate to the folder with hiktools and the digicap.dav (you can do this by typing cd with the map you want to navigate to, for example, if you're in C:\, you can type dir to see which folders are there and choose which one you want to navigate to (for example cd desktop), if you want to move back type cd ..)

When your in the folder with hikvision it can look like this: C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Hiktoolsfolder

Now you can type Hiktools lang digicap.dav 1 and the language will be changed to 1.

Put this digicap.dav file in your TFTP folder and repeat the steps you allready did. Now you should get update complete!

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFlinstone

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. This downgrader worked on a Chinese DS-2CD2032-I, 03/2015.

Decal showed V5.2.8_141231, but original f/w was V5.2.5 build 141201.

Restored with this downgrader after unsuccessful attempt at f/w update to 5.3.0. MTD hack not required after using downgrader.

sepiest82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi;

i BOUGHT A OBVIOUSLY CHINESE CAM; WITH CHINESE STICKER ... made 07/2015, FW 5.3.0 - received it with 5.2.5 multi-language. Without readingm, I upgraded with a 5.3.0 english FW... now it's not accessible anymore. I found out, that I could flash 5.3.0 chinese again... which worked... but how do I get an english FW again? Tried your downgrader... but endet up the file being successfully transmitted through the cam - then nothing. No complete msg. Any help, what I could do??? :(

xiaoyao

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,whoslooking
I bought IPC DS-2CD2335-I, Chinese can not go to English, It is the latest, SSH can not connect,I want to how to do

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course it was unsuccessful you are not reading the posts, I'll tell you again IT'S NOT FOR XXX5 MODELS

blakman

n3wb
Reaction score
Need 5.2.0 firmware with EVIZ support for DS-2CD2110-I (HKWatch DS-N211)
Does somebody have it?

mgermano75

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new wit this forum, and I have problems with one of my DS-2CD2032-I, after trying to upgrade from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0; I tried to read all of the posts regarding firmware updates, but I am stuck, since I don't even find the TFTP Auto Update; I searched on the links Hikvision Europe, but I can't see such a file; could you please suggest any updated link were the tool can be downloaded?

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
I just got a couple DS-2CD2032F-I cams yesterday from an Amazon seller (Ctronics) with 5.3.0-150513, manufactured 10/2015. Cannot seem to get any version of firmware loaded successfully including the downgrade. On the downgrade firmware, I see the file transfer "Completed" but I never get the successful upgrade message. After the transfer, the camera begins pinging on 192.168.1.64, indicating the mini-system failed firmware I believe. It's not visible in SADP/web/telnet, just pingable. I tried using hiktools to change the language from 2 to 1, same result. I tried Windows 10 and Windows 7 for the tftp, same result.

I also tried the Chinese firmware 5.3.0, fixed with hiktools for language 2, and I do see "Successful Upgrade" in tftp, but then after a reboot the camera is completely unreachable.

Update: the sticker said 5.3.0-150513 but in the web gui of the 2nd camera I see V5.3.0 build 150814.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boogii

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everybody. i have a problem my camera ds-2cd3335-i frimeware is 5.3.3. i cant change language chinese to english. do you have a frimeware 2cd3xxx 5.3.3 downgrader? please help me everyone.